Ive SEEN THE LIGHT!!! Ppump drag truck build

Ha ha thanks bro and yes it's 4x4. And ya just broke my nv and just got back together. And damn 121 mph wow I u would hav hooked would have loved to see ur et

Creed's post perfectly illustrates why you will not see 11.5's next year.

121 MPH calculates to roughly 750 rear wheel horsepower on a 6200-6300 lb truck, (the lightest you will probably get a daily driven 4x4 that's stripped down for weekend racing).

121 MPH or 750 HP is enough power to run 11.1 in the 1/4 mile, but Creed just went 13.3. Now with more traction, he probably could have seen a mid to high 12 second pass which is WAY slower than 11.5.

I owned a 5 speed for almost 6 years so have a TON of respect for guys rowing 13 second passes and I'm blown away when I see 12 second passes.

I wish you luck in your quest for 11.5's in your 5 speed, and don't let me dissuade you in your quest, just be sure to post up pictures of broken transmission parts along with the time slips as you try to conquer the NV4500. LOL

Creed's post perfectly illustrates why you will not see 11.5's next year.

121 MPH calculates to roughly 750 rear wheel horsepower on a 6200-6300 lb truck, (the lightest you will probably get a daily driven 4x4 that's stripped down for weekend racing).

121 MPH or 750 HP is enough power to run 11.1 in the 1/4 mile, but Creed just went 13.3. Now with more traction, he probably could have seen a mid to high 12 second pass which is WAY slower than 11.5.

I owned a 5 speed for almost 6 years so have a TON of respect for guys rowing 13 second passes and I'm blown away when I see 12 second passes.

I wish you luck in your quest for 11.5's in your 5 speed, and don't let me dissuade you in your quest, just be sure to post up pictures of broken transmission parts along with the time slips as you try to conquer the NV4500. LOL

If creed was a 4x4 it would b a diff story. But thanks for the info. And i never said I was gonna b easy I'm sure i will break another nv or 2 or 3. And already have pic up of first broken one ha ha if I break 11s one time I will prob stop I am n process of buying a 2wd to play with and dd a little and see what I can do with it n the 1/4 might b an auto might b an 5 speed. Have 2 I am looking at right now. I just can't see putting that kind of $ n an auto just for it to break just as much. My broke nv cost me 550$ to fix that's parts and for another guy to pull tranny fix and put back together. When ur auto breaks what does it cost I'm sure it's more than that. Maybe the auto guys I know of are getting raped idk. I know one guy has a very fast cr and I know as a fact he has put prob 6-8 auto trannys fully built and tore them up What would an auto cost that would hold up in my 12v? Or a 2wd single cab drag truck say with 7-800 hp on nx?

How much do you think it costs to have an auto that will not break? It is not as bad as you think. My dd/tow rig has 50,000+ miles on a DTT build with anywhere from 650-850hp. Still gets driven daily and tows with no worries. I would take that rather than going through 15 nv's.
Like I said there comes a time where common sense trumps "unique". I wanted to go fast, so I put in an auto with a manual vb setup. To each his own but you just can't go the kind of fast I want to go with a nv.

I love the looks of a Reg Cab dually. Good luck with the build!

How much do you think it costs to have an auto that will not break? It is not as bad as you think. My dd/tow rig has 50,000+ miles on a DTT build with anywhere from 650-850hp. Still gets driven daily and tows with no worries. I would take that rather than going through 15 nv's.
Like I said there comes a time where common sense trumps "unique". I wanted to go fast, so I put in an auto with a manual vb setup. To each his own but you just can't go the kind of fast I want to go with a nv.

U got a ballpark $ for an auto?

PM LAmiller for your trans needs.

I stated in my OP that I wanted to be knocking on 10's door. I for sure wont be satisfied with a 13.0 1/4 with a nv.

For the amount of money that I dumped into broken nv4500s over the past few years I could have bought 2 built auto trannies. I paid $5000 for one of Jeff Garmons race trannies with mvb and about $1k for a converter from phil taylor since we had done some horse trading on some pump stuff etc. After all the extras such as flywheel, trans controller for lockup and overdrive, 2 derale coolers etc I probably had $8500 in my auto swap and never had one single issue with the auto the nv on the other hand is a differnt story. I guarantee the truck went from running low 13s to beating on the door of 11.5s then I sold it to member SchoolBus. Point is yes running fast in a manual is sweet but like longhorn859 said earlier "there comes a time where common sense trumps "unique"." Its a feat not many can accomplish I wanted to but my checkbook and to many hours wasted pulling that heavy sob of a tranny out to fix it finally just wore me out and I bought a auto that is alot alot alot easier to put in and take out which we all know will more then likely have to happen at some point $.02. Sorry for derailing your thread yet again longhorn and good luck to you with your build I have a new prostreet truck im in the process of building as well for the time being I am going to leave it a vp truck and have some fun hoping to go after coles vp record, then I think Im gonna swap in a common rail instead of trying to p pump it. Maybe we will have the chance to line up to nice looking vp's in the near future! Good luck with the build sounds like its gonna sweet when your done!

For the amount of money that I dumped into broken nv4500s over the past few years I could have bought 2 built auto trannies. I paid $5000 for one of Jeff Garmons race trannies with mvb and about $1k for a converter from phil taylor since we had done some horse trading on some pump stuff etc. After all the extras such as flywheel, trans controller for lockup and overdrive, 2 derale coolers etc I probably had $8500 in my auto swap and never had one single issue with the auto the nv on the other hand is a differnt story. I guarantee the truck went from running low 13s to beating on the door of 11.5s then I sold it to member SchoolBus. Point is yes running fast in a manual is sweet but like longhorn859 said earlier "there comes a time where common sense trumps "unique"." Its a feat not many can accomplish I wanted to but my checkbook and to many hours wasted pulling that heavy sob of a tranny out to fix it finally just wore me out and I bought a auto that is alot alot alot easier to put in and take out which we all know will more then likely have to happen at some point $.02. Sorry for derailing your thread yet again longhorn and good luck to you with your build I have a new prostreet truck im in the process of building as well for the time being I am going to leave it a vp truck and have some fun hoping to go after coles vp record, then I think Im gonna swap in a common rail instead of trying to p pump it. Maybe we will have the chance to line up to nice looking vp's in the near future! Good luck with the build sounds like its gonna sweet when your done!

If I had 8500$ I still would not swap for an auto I will just keep my nv and b slow ha ha hope to see ur truck at track longhorn.

If I had 8500$ I still would not swap for an auto I will just keep my nv and b slow ha ha hope to see ur truck at track longhorn.

With a 5 speed you will never be faster than me, and I only have $13k in the whole truck. That includes the cost of the truck itselfLOL

My truck is nothing compared to these guys, but I run a small single turbo and no nitrous...so have fun wasting all your money.

Longhorn, sorry for the derail and cool project!

look i never said i could beat anybody on this forum. So not sure where that came from. All i said was he should have seen what it would run with the 5speed and all this crap just came with it. And ur right i wont b able to beet u but all i got to do is put an auto in my truck and my 1 year old boy could beat u. And u could not hang with me with a 5speed.

ur saying i will never b faster than a 12.75? thats whats in ur sig or u have a diff truck?