Jan. 24th Cam Seminar

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
We have finalized the date for our camshaft seminar. It will be held sat. Jan. 24th. Due to the number of people that have shown interest we have decided to move the location. It will be held at my alma mater TSTC Diesel Technology department in Waco. Classes will start a 9:00 am and go through around 1:00pm. Lunch will be provided. Professor and Master Diesel Technician Roy Rost among others will be going over the basic cycles and polar charts of 4-stroke engines. I will be handling the Lab portion, where we will be installing and degreeing cams as well as talking about cam design. If you want to come post your name, where you are from and how many will be coming with you. If you need directions look on www.tstc.edu

I look forward to seeing all of you.
Don, Fletch, you are invited as well!

Zach Hamilton

I hope I can make it...I never know when Ill be in Texas though so it's hard to schedule something like that.
Are there very limited #'s of spots ?

Have you checked into to seeing if you can do a webinar or streaming video for those of us that cant make it?

Brady, TX.. count me in, i should be able to trade weekends with someone so i can make it..

We are trying to keep it under 50 people. If it gets much larger we might not have enough engines and instructors to degree cams in.

As far as webinar, that surpasses my knlowledge level and patience. I think it is something that a lot of people would like to know, and I would work with anybody that wanted to help out with that scenario.

At TSTC Waco there are hundreds of engines on stands. Some running some not, There are examples of two, three, four, five, six, and eight cylinder diesels. Two and four stroke, fixed turbo, wastegated, VGT, as well as any injection system under the sun! The cool thing is the program is backed by a lot of the OE companies. Last week I saw a new shipment of 10 of the latest CAT engines one even had a champion spark plug after the second turbo. It is blast to play around with them. I think there are even a couple 8.3l and DT466/p7100 that have some of my early Electro-polished injectors, and Governor expirements installed on them still. We can degree your cummins cam in for you, or we can look at green, yellow, red, or turquoise cams too. This will be tailored to what you want to know after we cover basics. Free pizza too. Initially, when we were thinking of having it at our shop we had a band and a few kegs planned. Now that it is at a state facility this is not an option. Sorry.

Zach Hamilton

We are trying to keep it under 50 people. If it gets much larger we might not have enough engines and instructors to degree cams in.

As far as webinar, that surpasses my knlowledge level and patience. I think it is something that a lot of people would like to know, and I would work with anybody that wanted to help out with that scenario.

At TSTC Waco there are hundreds of engines on stands. Some running some not, There are examples of two, three, four, five, six, and eight cylinder diesels. Two and four stroke, fixed turbo, wastegated, VGT, as well as any injection system under the sun! The cool thing is the program is backed by a lot of the OE companies. Last week I saw a new shipment of 10 of the latest CAT engines one even had a champion spark plug after the second turbo. It is blast to play around with them. I think there are even a couple 8.3l and DT466/p7100 that have some of my early Electro-polished injectors, and Governor expirements installed on them still. We can degree your cummins cam in for you, or we can look at green, yellow, red, or turquoise cams too. This will be tailored to what you want to know after we cover basics. Free pizza too. Initially, when we were thinking of having it at our shop we had a band and a few kegs planned. Now that it is at a state facility this is not an option. Sorry.

Zach Hamilton

sounds good to me.

Done that a few times! Or cruise the bear trail.

If anybody is interested, I was thinking about meeting up downtown the night before to do some cultural exhchange with the locals. Anybody care to join in the festivities? And there might be a beer or ten involved. Also I am trying to get Geoff from colt cams to come down.

Zach

I was taught by Roy Rost! I wish I could make it.

Hey Zach, Ive heard a story or two about you from ol Jimmy White. LOL

Jimmy is an arrogent son of a .............well you get the idea. A good teacher though. On the day I went to get my diploma, i was notified that Jimmy had marked all my grades incomplete until I went and turned all of the engines I had messed with back to factory settings. All except the DT466/p-7100, It still rips. Roy is actually going to do some of the four cycle basics-suck,push,bang,blow, too young too old just right(firing order), and of course my favorite "Fat Roy's FACTS" Fuel Air Compression Timing and for gas engines Spark. You would be surpised how much you can figure out keeping it simple and going back to those three acronyms.

As far as the get together does anybody have any suggestions? George's?

Zach

Last edited:
Jimmy is an arrogent son of a .............well you get the idea. A good teacher though. On the day I went to get my diploma, i was notified that Jimmy had marked all my grades incomplete until I went and turned all of the engines I had messed with back to factory settings. All except the DT466/p-7100, It still rips. Roy is actually going to do some of the four cycle basics-suck,push,bang,blow, too young too old just right(firing order), and of course my favorite "Fat Roy's FACTS" Fuel Air Compression Timing and for gas engines Spark. You would be surpised how much you can figure out keeping it simple and going back to those three acronyms.

As far as the get together does anybody have any suggestions? George's?

Zach

Yea, I learned alot from Roy. Jimmy actually told me that story right before we graduated LOL. Anyway, sorry for hijacking your thread Zach, I just had to throw that out there. Take care.

Zach, I wish I could be there. Don from VA introduced you to me at Houston Nationals 2007. Like Haloman said I wish there was to broadcast it on the web.