John Deere Injectors

I think you would officially be the first to have that set up Justin, feel free to correct me if I am wrong anyone. The VP's output doesnt know what style line or injector they are hooked too. So on paper it would work, now take that paper and burn it. Unless its a check, then buy a P-Pump with it.

I am to hard headed for that man. I have a good 913 pump sitting here and i just cant do it. I am a die hard VP man i guess.

I could work I truly think it could that with a Monster or the Dragon Fire and some really big twins. Could be the first Fuel Only 1000 HP VP Truck.

I don't really think you need john deere injectors to hit 1000HP fuel only on a VP engine.

well then lets do it. I got the truck with everything else behind to for it just need the brains. Sounds like your the one.

Justin, We can build it. I will add that as a line item on the head quote we are doing for you.

Teds CR with JD or International Injectors I don't remember.

engine2.jpg

what size turbo is that damn its a big one :rockwoot:

I think the rpm RPM is a big reason the john deere injectors are used. They allow the fuel to be delivered in a shorter window of time. Until the VP are turning 5000+ then I don't see the point.

When your RPM limited, wouldn't you want to accomplish as much as you can as quick as you can? Look at the common rail guys and dual CP3's, rail work, custom fuel tuning and big injectors. They are in the same rpm range.

You brought up twice now that you don't think its needed. If its getting done some other way in the VP trucks it would all over on here but as far as I know, its not. Saying it's not needed to break 1000hp on fuel, I'd sure like to know who is doing that with std 24V injectors and feed tube style set up. I don't see how what it takes to achieve it can be defined until it has been achieved.

No Dan I'm not really picking on you, why not try something new? :Cheer:

What are the big VP numbers? Boydo, Winslett, Mireiter, Somebody with a Monster, Gus? No spray fuel only.........

When your RPM limited, wouldn't you want to accomplish as much as you can as quick as you can? Look at the common rail guys and dual CP3's, rail work, custom fuel tuning and big injectors. They are in the same rpm range.

You brought up twice now that you don't think its needed. If its getting done some other way in the VP trucks it would all over on here but as far as I know, its not. Saying it's not needed to break 1000hp on fuel, I'd sure like to know who is doing that with std 24V injectors and feed tube style set up. I don't see how what it takes to achieve it can be defined until it has been achieved.

No Dan I'm not really picking on you, why not try something new? :Cheer:

What are the big VP numbers? Boydo, Winslett, Mireiter, Somebody with a Monster, Gus? No spray fuel only.........

When you are rpm limited you have more time to let things happen.
When your turning 6000 rpm you have half the time to make things happen as the 3000 rpm truck.
Chris, I don't think the injectors are the limiting factor on the VP equipped trucks. If some real development happens in the VP world and the big VP start delivering massive quantities of fuel, then possibly the need for the JD injectors could help. Until some guys really get to working the big VPs on the dyno. I am sure they will help a little but at what cost, money would probably be better spent elsewhere. I guess if your at 990 HP and you want to break 1000HP then put the the JD injectors in. I guess maybe if someone is looking for the cool factor, or look how much money I dumped in my truck to get 1000HP on a VP equipped truck, when they could stick a Ppump on it for much less and achieve the same results.

The guys running the JD injectors are running sigma pumps for the most part correct? We have dealt with a guy that says he can modify 24V injectors to pick up 40+ HP over the other guy, but at a cost of about $2500+. Same situation, after the engine is done in my truck I have about $5k-7.5 modification to do and it isn't anyway related to fueling/air or engine mods.

When you are rpm limited you have more time to let things happen.
When your turning 6000 rpm you have half the time to make things happen as the 3000 rpm truck.
Chris, I don't think the injectors are the limiting factor on the VP equipped trucks. If some real development happens in the VP world and the big VP start delivering massive quantities of fuel, then possibly the need for the JD injectors could help. Until some guys really get to working the big VPs on the dyno. I am sure they will help a little but at what cost, money would probably be better spent elsewhere. I guess if your at 990 HP and you want to break 1000HP then put the the JD injectors in. I guess maybe if someone is looking for the cool factor, or look how much money I dumped in my truck to get 1000HP on a VP equipped truck, when they could stick a Ppump on it for much less and achieve the same results.

The guys running the JD injectors are running sigma pumps for the most part correct? We have dealt with a guy that says he can modify 24V injectors to pick up 40+ HP over the other guy, but at a cost of about $2500+. Same situation, after the engine is done in my truck I have about $5k-7.5 modification to do and it isn't anyway related to fueling/air or engine mods.

X2! waste of time putn kdel inj in a vp motor . Vp pumps are so slow of injection it would'nt gain anything

That can't be bigger than a 3.2 cause of rules. But he went Single.

two differt years in those pics. one year was a single a 3.6. the other year was twins. it was a good bit bigger than a 3.2 remember plugs were alowed.

ted

it would be hard to design a less efficient fuel delivery system than the connector tube to injector setup. any type of more direct injection would help. may not be the be all end all solution but i think it would be worth a shot. it makes a big difference with a p-pump even if the jd and 24v injectors flow the same.

ted

Back