Lazarsmith's G56 brace

K80

I'm seriously considering lazar's trans brace. Who has one? Worth the $$? Any install issues? And no, I'm NOT putting a NV5600 in.

I like that, NO not putting a 5600 in. Good thing you addressed that first. lol

I hear that they are a PITA to install.

Put an NV4500 in it LOL

Justin have you dynoed with that efi yet? Just wondering what others are putting down on tgese transmissions.

I haven't been on the dyno since getting it. Last time I dyno'd was 555/1036 on a mild smarty tntr tune. The tune I'm runnin with efi is pretty mild. A basic 60-90 hp tune from shane at PDW when I picked it up. It doesn't feel quite as strong but MUCH smoother delivery. Its amazing how just smoothing out the maps make the truck so much nicer to drive every day.

I have a customer that has the g56 brace from lazar smith, so far it is working well at holding the trans together at 840 hp. He has put about 12,000 miles on it so far at that power level with out any carnage. And no he doesnt detune it to drive it everyday.

Had one on my late 05 G56 with a Valair ceramic DD. Held up well. Only had it setup like that for a few weeks before I sold it, so couldn't tell ya how it's holding up now. FWIW I also had the coolers and they did drop the temp by a little bit.

Thanks guys. I might get the coolers at some point as well. Thanks for the input.

I do run gorilla juice and it looks like I'l be ordering one.

smoke machine: Can you do me a big favor and let me/us know what bolt sizes and lengths are needed for install?

I'm going to call mike at Lazarsmith today and see what all I need. I didn't buy it from him direct

Thanks guys. I might get the coolers at some point as well. Thanks for the input.

As posted above, you can't use the coolers when the brace is installed. Posted from my phone yesterday and failed to mention, my bad. The coolers work but in my real life experience the brace is probably better insurance over the coolers in making the aluminum cased G56 last under high torque. Sorry for not noting that in my haste yesterday. Also as noted above, Gorilla Juice is the way to go. Shifts a lot better with Gorilla Juice vs the factory fill atf+4.

Just ordered one. I'l take some pics when it shows up.

maybe ill switch to the gorilla stuff , ive been running b&m trick shift for 35k now no issues

guys for a cheaper fluid thats recomended by mercedes get some mobile delvac 50 weight. kills almost all gear roll over noise and shifts alot better