Lazarsmith's G56 brace

guys for a cheaper fluid thats recomended by mercedes get some mobile delvac 50 weight. kills almost all gear roll over noise and shifts alot better

When you say it shifts better, is that better than GJ? I swapped clutches and added Gj and it shifts like crap now.

Where did you get the Delvac?

I think all of it shifts a little slow while cold, I havent personally ran the GJ, just the Delvac

They are tough to install, especially if you are running a 5" pipe from the turbo, there isnt an whole lot of clearance. I havent hit the track since, so I cant tell you if it made a difference or not.

Good stuff but u have to re seal the middle section. And u need a 4" down pipe. I have a full gorilla g56. Great tranny pulls great and even my turbo spool faster. The power flows better thru the tranny. But my cc 4.5" down pipe knock on the shield all the time

Good stuff but u have to re seal the middle section. And u need a 4" down pipe. I have a full gorilla g56. Great tranny pulls great and even my turbo spool faster. The power flows better thru the tranny. But my cc 4.5" down pipe knock on the shield all the time
LOL Best story ever! Are you a salesman?

Manual trans makes turbo spool faster lol. Ive heard it all lol. I installed the brace and broke the trans in DPC. Not exactly sure what broke but sounds like we have a gear floating around

Ok. I bought the brace an received it a while back. Finally got around to painting it and test fitted it yesterday. I see where you guys are coming from saying its a PITA. My Q is.. besides the trans cross member being dropped and the slave being routed through the side, Is there anything else that got in the way during install? It looks like exhaust is tight as well. Any comments about install appreciated.

How did you get to the bolts that hold the sides together on the top of the tranny? I took my tranny out and put it all together.

I separated it. It was already apart to paint. So you're saying its easier to yank the trans to put it in?

Well I finally got this thing on the trans with a little help from a friend. You guys weren't chit'n, it wasn't fun. Lol. Its on though and here's proof. Thanks for help guys.

Attachments

• shoot 001.jpg
    shoot 001.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 0

:hehe:... I damn near spit coffee all over my laptop, I needed a good laugh...!

it is a serious piece, we put one on my buddies g56 and it has held up to 30k HARD miles at 700+ rwhp where as before the brace the g56 was in and out of the truck 2x in 45k miles...

Newer Tork Shields are easier to install - captive nuts so you only need one pair of hands, clearanced bellhousing sleeves for improved downpipe clearance, shortened mid-case sleeves for easier installation w/T-case, redesigned bracket to fit with the different tranny mount styles and a new scratch & chip-proof absorption coating.

If the tranny is already out of the truck, you can net ~1 hour less installation time by bolting the Tork Shield onto the tranny before stabbing it back through the clutch.

I have a question though. The front and rear holes used to sandwich the shield together use the same realestate as bosses on the trans. In my pic above you can see what i'm talkin about. Only way to get the bolts through there would be to drill through the bosses, hanging off of the trans? Kind of confusing so i didn't use them. Also, the cap screws that were sent with the shield were shorter that the factory torx (E heads). So I re-used the factories. No real complaints, the shield is on. Just wondering.