Less smoke.

Ya I was looking at the the new s369 flow something like 95lb/min. My biggest problem with smoke occurs when I'm pulling any kind of grade unless I'm doing 75+. It pretty much never goes away. And when I'm city driving I have to drive like a 90 yr old

big turbo, big injectors, tight converter... you are going to smoke. 10s on a single is going to smoke...

A looser converter would make it easier to stay on top of the turbo and help with smoke and launch. Twins would help too, but I think your current turbo is too big for your goals with twins.

10 second drag truck, big single, vp, street truck, no smoke. Only way I see these requests feasible is with a really light truck and compounds personally.

Confused about the Timing = smoke BRE

If I were jumping to an S400 frame on that I would look at a 64 or 67. It seems like both run better as singles than the 366.
The Torque converter is killing you. moving your power band up the RPM range will cure a lot of smoke issues. I've got mine using the range between 1800 and 2600 routinely and smoke is controllable.

Confused about the Timing = smoke BRE

If I were jumping to an S400 frame on that I would look at a 64 or 67. It seems like both run better as singles than the 366.
The Torque converter is killing you. moving your power band up the RPM range will cure a lot of smoke issues. I've got mine using the range between 1800 and 2600 routinely and smoke is controllable.

Not hardly. Down low on the street (which is where I understood the problem to be.) More timing will in fact cause more smoke.
So therefore unless I misunderstood where the smoke issue is happening I'm correct. Me misunderstanding is very plausible though.

More timing in the upper rpm will surely help the smoke up top though.

I meant I'm confused. Is that tied to the VP44 and how it fills?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

More smoke on top would be nice. That way more nitrous. My smoke problem is I can not touch the throttle petal with out smoke(not just a haze black smoke)in town or slower moving traffic. If I am on a hill it smoke so bad trucks start passing me or I make them all disappear and I'm gone lol. But this is Cali. So that doesn't quite work. It's not my daily, it is just a toy/beater. I was looking into re stalling my TC to 2200. And I was sure if the added timing from a edge ez or similar the clear a little low end up and I can get the pig moving.

6x18 are going to be pretty rough on the low end. Other option is a smarty and when you are driving around town put it on half power.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned a cam? When I threw that Hamilton cam in the old '02, smoke went way down and it spooled better. $.02

I don't know if half power on a smarty would help, you'll still have big slobbery injectors. If you don't need to fit in a turbo size class your best bet is compounds.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I did ask about a cam. What do y'all recommend? And no I don't pull just race it. I would like to also ppump it in the future.

I did ask about a cam. What do y'all recommend? And no I don't pull just race it. I would like to also ppump it in the future.

I won't pretend to have knowledge about cams. I would recommend calling Zach Hamilton and tell him what you have and what you want to do. Let the expert tell you what is best. It was night and day in my truck but I had different parts than you. Tell him Jory sent ya. $.02

http://www.hamiltoncams.com/

178-208 will help spool a lot but you really need to figure out if you want to go tens or not smoke. Unfortunately with the limits of the vp-44 and those injectors, you can't have both. Chasing that dream will leave your pockets empty and you will still likely be short of your goal. I suggest getting a smaller turbo and injectors for cruising the highway in commifornia. Get some cheapo 75hp nozzles and a 62mm for the street and you will have a pretty clean daily driver. The turbo you have with those injectors and squeeze tuned correctly should help track goals, but the reality vp-44+6x.018 does not = 10.xx without significant additional investment. If you do not have the bucks, try changing the platform. Look at how fast folks are going very cheaply with the numerous low dollar 12v builds. Goodluck!

Zach