Lets talk re-builds...

I don't know about the 6.0 rockers but we daily drove the 24v and the 12v rockers for quite a while. No issues whatsoever. In my opinion, on the 6.0 higher rockers at that price would be a waste unless you first had a radical cam. even after that the heads really don't flow enough at high lift to justify the rockers. You can reach the lift that the port almost reaches it's potential with just an aggressive cam. Just my thoughts.

The 4.6l springs will work better than the factory springs for sure. They do need to be shimmed up a bit to get the seat pressure where it needs to be but they are a cost effective option. How much is elite charging for their springs?

Zach

This is sure an expensive rebuild for a daily driver sometimes racer. Just think of all of the money you have to spend to actually make the truck need those parts.

Some of us just over build things thou....

Better to build it too strong, then not strong enough.

^^^ Yep!

Besides, this isn't going to happen soon by any means, if it ever happens at all. I just thought we all needed something to discuss since the 6.0 section over here has been dead.

I enjoy the info on these things just thought it was starting to sound WAY too over built.

I enjoy the info on these things just thought it was starting to sound WAY too over built.

Over built? The short list of stuff he mentioned is exactly what anyone would do to any other engine build.

It's not like he said custom made Winberg Billet crank with gun drilled mains and drilled rod journals with the journals turned down to use smaller bearings to reduce parasitic loss and bearing face speed.

He didn't say lets raise the camshaft location in the block and run it with a belt drive to improve pushrod geometry and turn the cam journals down to run them on roller cam bearings.

He didn't say billet dry block with extra head bolts, ductile iron sleeves, and o-rings.

The list could go on from what little he mentioned.

But then it would look closer to this small block.
picture.php

You are in the area. Shoot me a text and we can go over what I have in mind.

Over built? The short list of stuff he mentioned is exactly what anyone would do to any other engine build.

It's not like he said custom made Winberg Billet crank with gun drilled mains and drilled rod journals with the journals turned down to use smaller bearings to reduce parasitic loss and bearing face speed.

He didn't say lets raise the camshaft location in the block and run it with a belt drive to improve pushrod geometry and turn the cam journals down to run them on roller cam bearings.

He didn't say billet dry block with extra head bolts, ductile iron sleeves, and o-rings.

picture.php

So, now we're talking about GAS engines. (Judging by the photo.)

picture.php

That would work well as a daily driver sometimes race truck.:doh:

We are talking about things to do to any engine. What does the fuel matter? Diesel, Gasoline, Alcohol, Nitro Methane. What's the difference.

I think the biggest difference would be that we are on a diesel forum. So, most talk should revolve around a diesel engine. Using a photo of a gas saying that is what you are doing (or your buddy that races), doesn't really relate to what this thread is about. Theory and reality can often be different things and certainly application can change that a lot. I believe we are taking more reality here than what someone could dream up for a rebuild. You are talking more along the lines of all out build and I don't believe that is what this thread is about. Certainly some interesting ideas.

I think the biggest difference would be that we are on a diesel forum. So, most talk should revolve around a diesel engine. Using a photo of a gas saying that is what you are doing (or your buddy that races), doesn't really relate to what this thread is about. Theory and reality can often be different things and certainly application can change that a lot. I believe we are taking more reality here than what someone could dream up for a rebuild. You are talking more along the lines of all out build and I don't believe that is what this thread is about. Certainly some interesting ideas.

Colin mentioned ported heads, chromoly pushrods, valves and springs, head studs and Ford gaskets, main studs, Ported and EGR deleted manifold, Rods, Pistons. Once the talk of Roller rockers came up he was now building something way over built. But if you venture over to the Dodge section of the forums. Seems like those guys are doing all of those things. Billet engine girdles. Machining the intakes off of the heads. The list goes on and on. And those are talked about as average everyday build ups.

The duramax guys have a nice little stroker kit available. SoCal Diesel Stroke Kit
They also have some cylinder head upgrades as well.

I grab a pic of a billet block loaded with goodies and now you want to talk about theory and reality.

There are those that think traditionally and those that think outside of the box. The biggest question for us, is how big. If you think traditionally, then it is a packaging issue. If you think outside of the box, then there is no limit correct? (Someone is always the first to do something. Who says it has to be someone you know?)

In theory you talk about thinking outside the box on your projects. In reality Colin mentioned a standard build. And I brought up the extreme side of things.

picture.php

In my personal opinion, you are missleading people with all the "Talk" in this post...some of these guys prolly thought the picture, AND the comments you made were for a FORD 6.0L REBUILD...