madmikeismad's new build thread/HD Fab Truck

Still have the same tap after 9 years, you know that anvil mallet statement right!

Jim

WTF!? LOL

I hope not. Getting a broken tap out of a block is not fun.

Yeah, no bueno. If I ever get in that predicament, I'm selling everything I own and retiring to video games.

I also broke a torque wrench today, so I'm in the market for a snap on if anyone has one for sale.

Yeah, no bueno. If I ever get in that predicament, I'm selling everything I own and retiring to video games.

I also broke a torque wrench today, so I'm in the market for a snap on if anyone has one for sale.

A guy on here has one for sale, ill see if i can find it.
EDIT: found it
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147553

Last edited:
You sir are not allowed to touch my tools

I don't want your dirty texas tools anyways! In my defense, I always replace what I break.

Given a glass hammer and an anvil you would break the anvil.. I think

That sounds about right.

A guy on here has one for sale, ill see if i can find it.
EDIT: found it
Snapon Torque wrench-QD3R250 - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Thank you buddaaaayyy!

Is it done yet?

Almost, I finished tapping for the head studs yesterday, I hope it was enough. The valve covers tightened down enough to flex the gasket a little. If it doesn't seal, then I guess I'll have to drill a hole right where the bolt is, and have someone TIG a cap on it. Or something like that.

I have to clean the starter and maybe paint it tomorrow, and zip the manifold bolts in, and it's ready to go back to tulsa.

I never said you couldn't come buy and use them...just not borrow them. :hehe:

Mike is a bit shy at first, but after a few labatts he's reaching for your tool(s).