madmikeismad's new build thread/HD Fab Truck

I meant a carbide bit for cutting aluminum. Cut at a slower speed and it shaves the cast off quit easily. Trust me it works well.

Yeah I got LOL About 4 people pm'd and texted me after explaining to my dumbass what you meant LOL

List of stuff left to do:

Block off heater line ports
block off heat exchanger ports
Block off pump hole in back of timing case
Recheck the head studs
Put valve covers on
Put damper on
Put starter on
Paint it (thinking of going with a dark red or orange)
Put injectors/lines in
Done

Last edited:
Plasti dip on a motor? How heat resistant is it? And I'd have too find it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Oh god... White on a cummins? They were built to leak oil!

It seems Nick and I were thinking of the truck color, not the engine color. Sorry dude.

engine shoudl be BRIGHT YELLOW. I have no idea why, jsut make it happen. LOL

Oh god... White on a cummins? They were built to leak oil!

Exactly. I'm trying to find oil leaks. Keep me on the track longer if I can fix them when they start.

why plasti dip on an engine??

It was/is an idea. The few other forums I checked said it worked ok. And it'll be easy to remove if I want to change colors.

Doesn't plasti dip come off easily?

Not until you want it to.

It seems Nick and I were thinking of the truck color, not the engine color. Sorry dude.

engine shoudl be BRIGHT YELLOW. I have no idea why, jsut make it happen. LOL

I'd never plasti dip a whole truck LOL It'd add 4000lbs. Yellow was was I first thought, but orange and red are closer to cummins color, and white in the all white truck would look good.

I'd platsidip a truck, especially that one. Then you could easily change colors every year.

LOL I'd get creative and do some sort of pattern. Well, I wouldn't, but someone with skill could.

Steve could paint you some sweet flames.

35351_1522585510388_3618423_n.jpg

LOL

Steve could paint you some sweet flames.

35351_1522585510388_3618423_n.jpg

LOL

If someone else is willing to do the paint work, I'd paint damn near anything on it LOL

Playing with the gear ratio calculator, it looks like I'll be able to do 162mph @ 4k. Thats assuming I'm right with the final drive of .69 in the 47rh, 3.42 gears, and if the slicks are a true 32" tall (supposed to be 33"). That puts final ratio at 2.35. So, I definitely have enough gear for 8's.

I'm estimating 150mph at around 3750rpm, which will require 755hp@wheels if I'm 3300lbs. Or 9.0 in the 1/4 with 742hp. So if I can make a true 750hp, and keep the launch as good as aaron had it, then I may be able to hit 8.9x this year, instead of next!!

These were just all done with the hp calc, which seems to be very accurate to everyone elses dyno/track numbers.

If I'm way off with those calculations, please correct the living chit out of me. I haven't slept yet, so it all makes perfect sense to me LOL

If I'm way off with those calculations, please correct the living chit out of me. I haven't slept yet, so it all makes perfect sense to me LOL

I know I can't be 100% correct. Someone please correct me LOL I don't want to take it out the first day I really go for it, and find out I was way off and need to switch gears out in the rear.