Manual valve body 47rh?

Cat_Rebel

TPB Mechanic
I have been told a few people talk alittle about a manual controlled 47rh. I heard Garmon & a few others use them in their race trucks. Anyone know any fine details or rough cost?

Subscribing, Also have a question about if the manual valve body would be a good choice for a puller with 47rh?

subscribed...

street/drag truck lookin for a little more control

Last edited:
I know there is someone on the forums that has done it. Can't remember who though. Or maybe I'm going crazy lol

689-875 according to suncoasts website, from what i have heard they shift when you want them to shift(move the lever) and thats it. unless you have a standalone computer coupled with a valve body that is your only option. With the computer you can tune your shift points and a lot of different parameters. I have been researching these to do a nv5600 to 47rh swap im my cr.

so i assume that u use the original shift lever on the steering column? unless u make a 'on the floor' style shift mechanism?

I like the look of the Transgo & it has a name behind it. Question is how ahard is it to install & do you use the factory shifter or can you add in your own?

689-875 according to suncoasts website, from what i have heard they shift when you want them to shift(move the lever) and thats it. unless you have a standalone computer coupled with a valve body that is your only option. With the computer you can tune your shift points and a lot of different parameters. I have been researching these to do a nv5600 to 47rh swap im my cr.

That's not your only option with an RH. You can make them shift automatically through all forward gears with little more than a pressure switch or two.

so i assume that u use the original shift lever on the steering column? unless u make a 'on the floor' style shift mechanism?

Any shifter for a torqueflite should work

Saber that's for an RE we're looking for one for an RH.

It shouldn't matter considering that it is a manual valve body.

It is a manual valve body...

Forward pattern only though for those that care.

I like the look of the Transgo & it has a name behind it. Question is how ahard is it to install & do you use the factory shifter or can you add in your own?

They aren't any harder to install than any other valve body kit....

As for shifter, see above.

also from whative read you need to upgrade to a billit servo because the increased line pressure will crack the stock one.i dont remember which one tho... i researced this a long time ago. it soundslike the way to go. but upgraded internals would prolly be a wise choice. i could see brokin imput and outputs etc..

So, for all billet shafts and good clutch packs a manual vb should be a good competition choice? If i have read the posts correct.

also from whative read you need to upgrade to a billit servo because the increased line pressure will crack the stock one.i dont remember which one tho... i researced this a long time ago. it soundslike the way to go. but upgraded internals would prolly be a wise choice. i could see brokin imput and outputs etc..

There are opportunities for servos to crack regardless of what valve body you use.

How are shafts going to get broken any more with a manual valve body? We aren't talking about trans brakes here...

So, for all billet shafts and good clutch packs a manual vb should be a good competition choice? If i have read the posts correct.

Pick whichever suits your needs. Most racers will choose a manual valve body for control, but even with most automatic valve bodies you still have control of the shift points if you run them through the gears manually. Do you want to manually shift the truck all the time or not?

Mondtster have you ever personally installed one or drove a truck that had one?

i said you might have to worry about shafts because of the snappy shift that the shift will cause...atleast thats what ive read and any already built tranny shoulnt have a problem. as for the servo, ive heard more about them breakin with the manual vb versus an auto. im no trans genius, im just tellin what ive read and heard from other people about there experiances.