Manual VB W/Ratchet Shifter vs Auto VB

Yeah. I had one in a jeep buggy i built. Have to say though. I know there's no comparison between gas and diesel. But i had a very well built 350 in that jeep. And it wld stahl the motor. They came stock on 2.5 ton rockwells. Sounds like a better idea than a trans brake.

What about line locks. With an upgraded system. I know with my pretty much stock setup, i still have a heard time holding them down. Just a thought.

We have line lock also, but the brakes alone on a 2wd are not enough to hold boosted launches. Unless you have the stock hydroboost. We ran it last year with good luck. But it came off with some other things.

I run a similar setup on my PS truck but the brake is at the trans rather than the pinion and only running one caliper. I also have dual / dual piston calipers on the rear axles and can push through the brakes with out the drive line break.

The only real down side I have found so far is if you break a trans shaft or lack drive tq on the drive line the rears can lock up in a hurry. When I broke the input shaft at Ennis last year I thought I would try to make a quick ditch effort for the first turn off at the last minute and got side ways a bit.

Im also wondering on the pinon brake. I was going to do one on my 4wd due to big charger and easier to stage. I have a 3k stall in mine

Pinion brake is F-ing awesone on my truck. Couldn't spool the chargers without it. Only thing I would route different would be the pinion brake to its own E-brake handle. Right now its plumbed into the factory brakes which can get sketchy at the end of the track if your foot gets to much pedal.

Pinion brake is F-ing awesone on my truck. Couldn't spool the chargers without it. Only thing I would route different would be the pinion brake to its own E-brake handle. Right now its plumbed into the factory brakes which can get sketchy at the end of the track if your foot gets to much pedal.

I have been toying with the idea of installing another line lock in line for the pinion brake and using it to lock out the pinion break in the shut down. I just haven't decided what would be my best route for doing it yet.I agree though shutting down can be tricky if you get heavy on the brakes..

i would be really cautious if the pinion break was hooked in with the regular breaks, i was able to split the OD housing on my transmission hitting the breaks while still in lockup. (luckily avoided a wreck but at the cost of my OD housing)

just something to think about