Manual VB W/Ratchet Shifter vs Auto VB

I have 2 b&m units with the fans mounted in the box on my roll bar. Should be good there I think

I'm using 2 Griffin fluid coolers on a jeep I'm building, probably going to put one of them into my dakota as the trans cooler. Should work awesome. Can't get the pics to work, but here's the link

Fluid Coolers

Right now my stall is quite tight,, been running the same converter for 5 years now,, I think it is probably time to have it looked at and adjusted,, but I really want to see how the new engine works first

I've got over 400 passes on the tranny in my 4wd. Never had a single failure. That was with Goerends first constant pressure vb he built. I've had it apart three times and havent found a burned clutch or warped steele yet. And it shifts soooo smooth, you would never believe it was making 185 psi all the time. In the 5 years i have used him, I have never once had a tc failure, either in a race truck or a street truck. Now the 2wd, its a different story. It was burning clutches left and right. Then I switched to Goerends constant pressure/manual vb and all is good again. Well except breaking 2wd outputs.

yeah,,, but so will nitrous,,, :)

I think one of the biggest mistakes most people make is selecting stall. I can contribute almost all of our success(with big turbos) to always choosing the right stall. Dave has helped us a LOT on making the best decisions for tc's.

I agree, I have done in the reverse to date,, I have tuned around the stall. has worked good so far,, TC has worked flawlessly for 6 years now. I am sure it probably should be freshend up too.

New as in the last 6 months new?

Newer than that. For you guys that have dealt with him personally, you know how he is. It will have to be tested, dyoned, tested more, dynoed nine more times, and them tried on the track before he will ever offer one to the public. LOL.

Our pinion brake seems to work great so far, so for the sake of braking trannies, we may just stick with what we got.

Newer than that. For you guys that have dealt with him personally, you know how he is. It will have to be tested, dyoned, tested more, dynoed nine more times, and them tried on the track before he will ever offer one to the public. LOL.

Our pinion brake seems to work great so far, so for the sake of braking trannies, we may just stick with what we got.

Pinion brake? Haven't heard of that one yet. Mind elaborating..

I have seen pics of it,, it is very neat! Very innovative.. basically Ashley puts a rotor and calipers on the driveshaft at the rear yoke.

yeah,,, but so will nitrous,,, :)

If your going to be locking the converter in 1st, why not run more stall and get onto the turbos quicker? I think my Dakota has a 2400-2500 rpm stall converter in it and i cut 1.8-1.79 60 ft times consistent. Plus I got no problems lighting the turbos quick with my little 4cyl.

Here is a link to the pinion brake pics. Shawn actually built this setup. Apparently it stops the truck pretty well also. He got on the wrong pedal at the shutdown and stopped the truck with just this.

If your going to be locking the converter in 1st, why not run more stall and get onto the turbos quicker? I think my Dakota has a 2400-2500 rpm stall converter in it and i cut 1.8-1.79 60 ft times consistent. Plus I got no problems lighting the turbos quick with my little 4cyl.

My converter is approx 2100... it works pretty good,, with the old engine and the sb 66 it would light the turbo almost immediately, I was pretty consistant 1.5x 60's with it

I think after everything I have been reading that I am going to stick with the locking in 2nd. I think it may open other doors that i am not prepared to have opened if I want it to lock in 1st

They are great for mud trucks etc, not a good option for drag racing. Drive line brakes have been around forever and there are some really nice kits for the off roading crew. Dangerous to put in a race car, there are safer and better ways to stage.