Maryland and PA Pull Dates

Easternshoreman

We are working on the schedule for 2008 dates for truck pulls at Tuckahoe Steam and Gas showgrounds. I need some dates for other pulls so we do not overlap. The only dates I have as of now are for Chestertown at The Elks. Need these ASAP, so we do not have to pull on memorial day, or labor day weekend. Looks like we should have 3 events this year, 2 regular pulls, and a test and tune day in early March.

2008 Diesel Schedule
This has everything I have seen announced so far. If you shoot me a message once you set your dates I will update the schedule. Also would like a website to link to for more info, or if you can build a site I will host it for free. They will also be added to regional schedules as I get enought events to create a regional calendar.

apirl 12, is the date for the Sudlersville Fire Co. pull at the queen annes county 4-h park

april 25-26 is the TS performance outlaw race/pull in Ky. its far away but I know that about 8-10 of the guys that I usually hang out with are going this year, and maybe the other TNT guys if I can talk them into it!

The Buck usually doesn't post a schedule until early Feb. unfortunately but thats gonna be one of your biggest competitors as far as drawing folks in. As for last year they ran 1st week of June, 3rd week of July, and 1st week of Sept for their diesel pick-up events.

Then there is also usually 3 events at Mason Dixon Fair Grounds in Harford County, but its hard to say what those dates are.

August 3rd there is a possibility of having a street legal pick up pull at the Harford County Farm Fair if they follow the schedule from last year and have it on sunday again.

As I find out more I will post it up.

Looks like test and tune will be in march, A Possible show and pull in May, and fall pull in september. Anyone interested we are having a tractor pullers christmas gathering at Tuckahoe. We should have the dates together for all pulls by then, and rules changes will be discussed. It is a informal, covered dish dinner Jan 12 at 6:00 in the meeting room

Anything firmed up yet? Would like to know as tuckahoe seems to be the only place my heavy a** gasser can pull. Plus the rest of my crew would like to know. Need to put in for leave for days that we work.

Anything final on the Test and Tune?? That way I can shoot to have the truck back together in time...

pullinprincess said:
I have a cruise the 1st and 2nd weekend in May so try not to plan any then :D
Rub it in why don't cha!!!!! Just for that we should have something scheduled.

Test and Tune will be April 5, 2008 at 12:00 noon. We will be running both gas and diesel trucks as long as they comply with our safety rules. All trucks must be street legal with all street legal equipment. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO NOT HOOK ANY TRUCK THAT DOES NOT PASS TECH INSPECTION. May 17 we will be having a Truck show, INCLUDING PICKUPS< AND RESTORED SEMIS, trophies will be awarded. Also there will be an antique tractor show. That evening we will have a pickup pull, with registration opening at 3:00 Pull 5:00. September 6 pickup pull registration 2:30, pull at 5:00.

Easternshoreman said:
Test and Tune will be April 5, 2008 at 12:00 noon. We will be running both gas and diesel trucks as long as they comply with our safety rules. All trucks must be street legal with all street legal equipment. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO NOT HOOK ANY TRUCK THAT DOES NOT PASS TECH INSPECTION. May 17 we will be having a Truck show, INCLUDING PICKUPS< AND RESTORED SEMIS, trophies will be awarded. Also there will be an antique tractor show. That evening we will have a pickup pull, with registration opening at 3:00 Pull 5:00. September 6 pickup pull registration 2:30, pull at 5:00.

HELL YEA best birthday present ever, hanging out at a pull! :ft: :rockwoot:

Easternshoreman said:
So your having a test and tune but puting street restrictions on the trucks so if im legal for the ECS pro stock class i wont be able to hook because im not street legal guess that counts me out, was planning on coming to get a few runs on the new set up:poke:

Eastern are we still using the same weight restrictions as we did at the last pull? Need to figure out what to remove to get skinny depending on what weight.

Easternshoreman said:
Test and Tune will be April 5, 2008 at 12:00 noon. We will be running both gas and diesel trucks as long as they comply with our safety rules. All trucks must be street legal with all street legal equipment.

What safety equipment and why street rules on a test and tune, you all that worried about getting footage put on you? If your trying to put a club together wouldn't the more be the merrier? that is a :badidea:

Weights for the gas classes will be the same as the last pull. I should have rules together within the next few weeks. We are trying to redefine some of the diesel class breaks. We are looking for some rules that other clubs are running, but havn't found too much out. Let me know what some others are. Insurance is the biggest limiting factor as far as how bad a truck that we can run. Our rules must be submitted to the company at the beginning of the season for approval, thus any changes will be made in the near future for the 08 season

But you are saying, that a truck with tags on it and proof of insurance, no matter the mods can run? Why the need for rules at a test and tune is the main question I am aiming to have answered that you have over looked... do you have a reason?*bdh*

2000wvdodge said:
But you are saying, that a truck with tags on it and proof of insurance, no matter the mods can run? Why the need for rules at a test and tune is the main question I am aiming to have answered that you have over looked... do you have a reason?*bdh*

I believe that he answered this already here

Easternshoreman said:
Insurance is the biggest limiting factor as far as how bad a truck that we can run.

I know that the insurance can be a pain and some times not allow everyone to run because it can be to expensive or the company just says no. Remember everyone takes it for a given that nothing will ever happen but you never know, look at what happened at Gordyville this year, luckly no one got hurt but you never know. $.02

Why not just have the test and tune driver and crew only, waivers signed required to be on the premises so as no need to have such strict rules. This way any truck built for any class can come and play....

$.02

That most time that wont cover the other people who are there incase they get injured or trucks get damaged. Not to mention the sled gets damaged, how will they pay to fix that if your not being covered by insurance and your not driving a street legal truch that does not require vehicle insurance?

Well this is how it is legally, a waiver is not worth the paper it is written on. It will not hold any value in court. The test and tune will be for trucks that comply with the rules that we will have posted. NO EXCEPTIONS. IF OUR RULES ARE A PROBLEM, THEN GUESS WHAT, STAY HOME. And as far as worrying about getting beat, I could care less cause I don't even pull a diesel pickup!!

Back