Max'D Out goes 9.94 @ 138.4 today

Hopefully the big fuel and air will be done by the end of the month to test at Fallon, NV the weekend before Indy.

Wow, great looking pass.

Obviously you guys have fixed whatever it was that sounded weird at Bremerton. What did it turn out to be?

If you ever want to run some 2WD tests of your "spare" motor, I know a really light tube chassis car ;)

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Wow, great looking pass.

Obviously you guys have fixed whatever it was that sounded weird at Bremerton. What did it turn out to be?

If you ever want to run some 2WD tests of your "spare" motor, I know a really light tube chassis car ;)

Regards,
Michael Pliska

HMMMMMM, what kind of tranny you got? It was two bent pushrods Michael, sticky valves in #2 caused by coking on the valve stem. The new turbo set up should keep it about 200 degrees cooler which should help.

Damn you guys. Now your going to make me work more. Nice to have another Dmax pickup in the 9 to help us beat off these Cummins folks. Keep up the good work.

HMMMMMM, what kind of tranny you got? It was two bent pushrods Michael, sticky valves in #2 caused by coking on the valve stem. The new turbo set up should keep it about 200 degrees cooler which should help.
I feel your pain there sub. Just went thru that myself.

I stuck some so hard I had beat them out of the guide with a hammer and punch. :bang

I think I have fix for it if you are interested in knowing what I did to fix it.

Attachments

• Stuck Valve Pic #2 with line.jpg
    Stuck Valve Pic #2 with line.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 35

I stuck some so hard I had beat them out of the guide with a hammer and punch. :bang

I think I have fix for it if you are interested in knowing what I did to fix it.

Heak ya John. (208)484-3670

I've just got a powerglide for now. I was thinking of building a Turbo 400 for it when I build a Duramax. If I had the money it would be a Bruno/Lenco.

I've just got a powerglide for now. I was thinking of building a Turbo 400 for it when I build a Duramax. If I had the money it would be a Bruno/Lenco.

TH210 and a 3.2 rear gear would be sweet. Trans Brake for wheels up launches.:rockwoot:

Would love to hear your ideas on a fix John, I see that Rob has already made a post so I'll get it from him or pm any one of us your phone # and a good time to call. Thanks. Ken

Michael, if you do get into running a dmax, don't over look the duraflite. They run well behind a dmax. Cheaper than the Bruno/lenco and so far, (knock on wood) they seem to hold up pretty well and shift great. You wouldn't need near the hp as a 6K truck to run a very quick time either.

Would love to hear your ideas on a fix John, I see that Rob has already made a post so I'll get it from him or pm any one of us your phone # and a good time to call. Thanks. Ken

I talked with Rob today. He knows what I know. Hopefully it helps out.

Back