memory lane...

brushpuller

Thinkin...
Let's take a walk down memory lane... What's your funniest/strangest thing that happend to ya at a pull?

Ill start with a good one, I was at a pull and it started to pour down rain,just after i pulled, so we waited for it to quit...finally it let up some so i thought it be good to load the truck(wrong) When i was creeping up on the goose neck, one ramp sunk in the mud and the truck slid off the trailer side ways. The pass. side of the truck was on the ground and the driver's side was still on the trailer... I bout chit all over myself!!!:hehe::doh:

Watched veteran puller, Charley Dutton, flop a hot farm tractor on it's side last year in green co. IN. It happend right in front of me too...Though it was coming in the croud!!!

getting a case of the hops in front of a huge crowd and getting hit twice by the sled along with some sudden stops at the end of the chain. in the end my sled stops saved my truck and nothing was broken but my pride.

Strangest thing at the time was back in 02' 03' watching Kent Crowder smoke everyone by about twenty feet with street A/Ts and a hood stack at a Brush Pull.

Dmaxes snapping the front end never get old.

being drunk enough to never go look at the track before i pulled. went down the left side of the track that previously was cause for the tractors to restart their class due to mud. But in my state of drunkeness and ***** chasing at the pull i never looked at the track until i pulled. Went about 150 feet at my hometown pull that ive previously won twice in the past 3 yrs. OOPS

they dont have rules about drivers being drunk at the time of the pull? out here if they see a beer can in your cooler or truck they throw you out even if its not yours and just one of your buddies hanging with you.

First pull ever, I was 16 just got my liscense, smoked the clutch so bad I couldn't see the floor in the truck. Went about 20ft. Still drove home but put a clutch in about 2 months later. That smell never came out of the carpet until I tore it out 4 years later.

being drunk enough to never go look at the track before i pulled. went down the left side of the track that previously was cause for the tractors to restart their class due to mud. But in my state of drunkeness and ***** chasing at the pull i never looked at the track until i pulled. Went about 150 feet at my hometown pull that ive previously won twice in the past 3 yrs. OOPS

Thats a bad deal, pullin drunk!!!!! :doh:

Wow that is scary

First pull ever, I was 16 just got my liscense, smoked the clutch so bad I couldn't see the floor in the truck. Went about 20ft. Still drove home but put a clutch in about 2 months later. That smell never came out of the carpet until I tore it out 4 years later.

Yup...i remember those days! In 1987 i built me a STOCKER with a 427 BBC, put a "dump truck" clutck in it( thought i had somthing...:hehe::hehe:) 2nd hook i smoked the clutch so bad i thought it was spinning...but no... and the smoke/stink...OMG!!! Awww the good old days!

ask anybody thats been to hillsboro knows how we tolerate alcohol...........

watched a guy pulling Travis Theener's truck many years ago at hillsboro hit reverse wide open about half track........it wasnt good on the tailgate or bed sides if i remember correctly.......

got chased down by a John Deere Super Farm at the Russelville Ohio pull we put on while i was flagging........it almost won the race......

had two trucks in one night have hitch failures while i was flagging.....one a class 5 Reese and the other a Haisley built hitch......both trucks about got me.......

Dr. Diesel pulling semi showing up at hillsboro and pulling 479+ feet when the closest "hot" street truck was barely 330 i believe........he left the line, hit the 300 foot mark, the pan hit, the rear tires came off the ground on the sled, he veared slightly to the right and scared the holy hell out of about 50 people setting on the hill at the end of the track and another 30 or 40 setting on equipment and golf carts, went on through the gravel between them all and was headed for the parking lot.......the sled couldnt stop him and the only thing that did was that he ran out of room cause he wasnt sure that he could fit the truck and sled out the pit exit gate and he stated THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON HE SHUT IT DOWN.........sled operator said at the 300 foot mark all he could do was close his eyes and pray cause at that point there was 2 options, ride it out or hit the kill switch.........

that truck is sick for sure...but did you try to flag him to stop or let him take it out the gate to put on a good show?

that truck is sick for sure...but did you try to flag him to stop or let him take it out the gate to put on a good show?

i wasnt flagging that night.......i was scaling tractors and trucks for the saturday night pull.........he was like 50 feet or so from the people so they were safe but they all freaked........and i wouldnt of flagged him anyways cause that is why we do it, for the show..........cause it sure as hell aint the money.........i flag a little different than other people......

Not a sled pull but im 99% sure Bo Layne began to spool the dragster at the Scheids event this year while in reverse. It started coming up and made a flinch backwards and he stop and started over.