memory lane...

Watching a 3.0 truck light the turbo-in reverse. Crunch.

I did something similar once, though I was in 3rd gear, but in 2wd LOL I forgot to lock it in 4LO first... She spun the tires pretty easy though :bang
Just didn't get very far.

\Dr. Diesel pulling semi showing up at hillsboro and pulling 479+ feet when the closest "hot" street truck was barely 330 i believe........he left the line, hit the 300 foot mark, the pan hit, the rear tires came off the ground on the sled, he veared slightly to the right and scared the holy hell out of about 50 people setting on the hill at the end of the track and another 30 or 40 setting on equipment and golf carts, went on through the gravel between them all and was headed for the parking lot.......the sled couldnt stop him and the only thing that did was that he ran out of room cause he wasnt sure that he could fit the truck and sled out the pit exit gate and he stated THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON HE SHUT IT DOWN.........sled operator said at the 300 foot mark all he could do was close his eyes and pray cause at that point there was 2 options, ride it out or hit the kill switch.........

Thats funny, Dr. Diesel as far as I remember is a KW, the only open truck I have seen come to Hillsboro has been there twice,and it is a Mack called Unleashed, although it was none the less impressive, and did make everyone else feel awfully inadequate.

Breaking my hitch right when the sled was starting to put it on me.
Thought i had a first class ticket to the moon!

Breaking my hitch right when the sled was starting to put it on me.
Thought i had a first class ticket to the moon!

That was good!!! But ya need to tell us bout the rear end failure ya had with your pro/stocker! :rockwoot::ft::woohoo:

being drunk enough to never go look at the track before i pulled. went down the left side of the track that previously was cause for the tractors to restart their class due to mud. But in my state of drunkeness and ***** chasing at the pull i never looked at the track until i pulled. Went about 150 feet at my hometown pull that ive previously won twice in the past 3 yrs. OOPS

that sounds like everytime you hook buddy!

Thats funny, Dr. Diesel as far as I remember is a KW, the only open truck I have seen come to Hillsboro has been there twice,and it is a Mack called Unleashed, although it was none the less impressive, and did make everyone else feel awfully inadequate.

the light blue Cab Over that came in on the back of detach pulled by another light blue semi two years ago (2007)???? i swore that was Dr. Diesel.....that was MANY, MANY truck pulls ago so i cant remember....i could be wrong.....

That smell never came out of the carpet until I tore it out 4 years later.
I had a date like that one time.:D

The first pull I went to, we were standing in the staging lanes when I heard a crunch and everyone say....awwwwwww. I turned around to see that a guy had pulled up behind my truck and forgot that he had his weights on the front of his truck. :doh:

the light blue Cab Over that came in on the back of detach pulled by another light blue semi two years ago (2007)???? i swore that was Dr. Diesel.....that was MANY, MANY truck pulls ago so i cant remember....i could be wrong.....

Nope, heres a pic of it, they do look similar. I would love to see more of these trucks at hillsboro.

Attachments

• unleashedlg.jpg
    unleashedlg.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 51
Lets see..... First pull of the year I tried 2nd high, Truck didn't like it cuz of the P.O.S TST49, so i tried 4th low, but instead of putting it in 4th I hit 6th gear on accident..... yea wasn't pretty.

Later on, got pissed at 2 events because for some reason the turbo would only make 15lbs and had no power. After the last pull I found out it was a clogged air filter. Loaded up right after that, drove 20 minutes to another pull and took 3rd out of about 20 trucks.

At the Jamie Adams memorial, had a profield tractor to pull the sled 400ft, hitch broke and the kill switch didn't work. Only thing stopped him was the mud pit at the end. Also seeing Garrett Shields and House coming all the way to pull with us was pretty amazing to me (Thanks Again!!) The lady pulling Garretts truck had a wild experience too. I believe she hit nuetral about 150ft coasted about 50ft, dropped it back in gear, then blew an injector line off causeing a fire under the hood.

And last but not least, the look on my dads face when I came home with two 5ft points trophies in my first year pulling diesels, and he has been trying for 10 years to win his first points series in his 2wd gasser, lol. Ahhh the jelosy lol

couple years ago we all lined up get weighed in and one of the pullers had been drinking and backed right into the passenger side of my truck caved bedside in man i would beat his ass if there wouldnt been cops

the best one ever

couple years ago at a full pull productions pull they were running the super stock semis and fred sanders come out on i think it was gunfire about 280 his truck broke away from the sled thought a chain broke nope he broke the hitch in half so they decided to wait a bit put the second hitch on it and try ait again at 290 he ripped that one in half down to one hitch last pull of the class last hitch at bout 180 feet he broke that one to flagman took off like a bat outa hell and fred says its not that powerful

left the converter locked up and killed the truck ive dont it a few times like a retard

all nervous and had it in 4th gear hi range instead of 2nd gear hi range. talk about gettin under the charger comin off the line :) haha

Getting offered a woman from a drunk hilljack after I won Thunder in Muncie.:rockwoot:

Bill Kondolay, totally baffled how I could hang weights in a7200# class, and he had to lose his spare to make weight, on his bling, bling covered truck.

Stefan Kondoaly after seeing the west coast guys get crushed by the midwest, saying, "We didn't think you guys were this serious.":bow:

Dan Painters wife blowing out a Dana 80 in their daily driver in the rookie class.

Curt Haisley putting 80 feet on the SS class, at SDX blowing an 80 while doing it....Dan Scheid saying to me, Sled who?

Garret Shields not leaving the line at Shelbyville, after I TOLD him he wasn't going to leave the line. (Larae is STILL mad at me.)

i was at a bush pull in forksville, pa in 04 i think. i had never been, nor did i know anything about this place. well.........its in the woods!

the whole fair grounds is so small there were guys parking their trailers outside the fence. and there wernt but a couple dozen pullers there... for the whole event.

the scale was built into an old barn, and when you exited the scale house you had to wait because you pulled out directly onto the track.

the best part is, they didnt have enough room for a full track. so they improvised, they "hooked" the track. haha, you actually had to steer around a turn while pulling.

I Watched A Guy In Muncie In O7 Drinking And Get In His Truck On The Trailer To Show Off To His New Girlfriend Started It Up Let The Clutch Out Oooooops!! Still In 4 Low!!!!! Took Out His Bumper And Weight Bracket.

I was at a brush pull here in TX two years ago and I lost the keys to my truck. I was running around for two hrs tryong to find them. Some kid found them about 2 minutes before I was to go to the scales. Needless to say my brain was so fried I started off in 1st instead of 3rd. shifted through 3 gears, smoked the stock clutch and still only made it 100 ft. :bang

Thunder in muncie, the sled was so heavy the guys were having trouble getting it started. Larry Crawford hooks to the sled, and shifts gears!

had my first pull with anything done to my truck last year and it was at the buck (good bit of people) got nervous let out the clutch to early vapor locked it and got boooo'ed the hole way off the track with the help of a tractor but then got it started pulled and hopped my way to 4th in the street class

I was finally stopped by the sled and put it in Neutral... but hit Reverse... come to find out the plastic bushing on the selector shaft bracket was pushed out. It has a new bushing and is zip-tied in. I felt like a idiot though:kick::doh:

No sled stops caused carnage :bang
hitch.jpg