Merchant Automotive Spring Fling III June 14

The cops like smoke so much that they visit frequently :badidea:

Yeah your gonna need some prize money to put a new short block together.

I really never got a honest answer. Eric if i drive all that way can a compete in the sled pulls with my 2wd

I bet within our group alone we could pool together some prize loot. My moneys not on your truck though .....imagine Dunbar with a hand throttle and 4 nitrous switches.

What are the classes? Maybe I'll make it up there to pull my PSD with you Servo.

Last edited:
As far as the drag racing part, its been talked about as much as any of the other aspects of the show. There is a track not too far away. Right now its putting together people to help with it and adding it into the schedule in a manner that maximizes everyones time spent at the event. Last years show was great but this year its a day shorter. No one wants to go this way and then realize later that they missed something else over here. For those who attended last years drag racing you know what I mean, it was there but it wasnt a focus. I know its not being looked at as a step child of the event, rather trying to figure out how to make it a success like the dyno and the pulling parts have become:tree:.

Well maybe you guys should give the drag racing organizing responsibilty to McWhiny!!

That way he can have all his own rules so he won't have to cry for days!!:hehe:

That is until he gets his ass smoked by everything he hates......A Ford and a CumminsLOL:hehe::rockwoot:

Why does every thread have to have something about Mcrat in it guys. The diesel world is to short To be pickering and fighting with other diesel owners. IMHO we all should work as a gang to get the diesel organazition up to PAR we are to small right now. Why not work together unstead of against each other. Mcrat along with any others have went threw countless hours of testing and has spent many of dollars in the sport. It would be a shame for him to throw it all away and just give up. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone does things that people dont always agree with. But thats why god came up with a little word called forgiveness. It will not hurt to forgive and forget its that simple. So please yall quick the bickering and fighting. And lets join together to kick some ass.

What are the classes? Maybe I'll make it up there to pull my PSD with you Servo.

Its a NADM hook and I havent heard about any variations from their class format.

Joe....Dmax country or not you know the P-pumps will be there in full force.

here are the basics off the nadm website:

NADM is offering a wide range of classes in Diesel Sled Pulling, with a rule set permitting every level of diesel truck to compete from stock street trucks to full blown tube-frame Modified pulling trucks. All classes 8000 pound maximum unless otherwise noted. See class overviews below:

Work Stock: Stock appearing turbochargers, 1" minimum compression travel on rear suspension, water injection prohibited, hanging weights prohibited.

2.6 Street Diesel: Single turbo, 2.6 inch maximum inducer bore, turbocharger bushings prohibited, 1" minimum compression travel on rear suspension, water injection prohibited, receiver style hitch required, hanging weights permitted.

2.8 Street Diesel: Single turbo, 2.8 inch maximum inducer bore, turbocharger bushings permitted, water injection prohibited, bolt in, removable solid rear suspension bars permitted, receiver style hitch required, drive shaft u-joint shields required, hanging weights permitted.

Super Street Diesel: 3.2-inch maximum inducer bore in twin turbo configuration, unlimited inducer bore single chargers permitted, open driveline permitted, DOT tires required.

Modified Diesel: Unlimited turbocharger, 2 stage maximum, open driveline, open tire, 7600 pound maximum weight.

See NADM rulebook for specific class guidelines.

We were just going over the details of the show last night. Friday June 13 Open house at the new shop with Dunbars dyno and a MFSTPA hook that night at Muskegon County fairgrounds. Saturday, Dunbars dyno and the NADM hook at the Ottawa County fairgrounds. This should be an awesome event as those who have been in the past can tell you. Like TS bigger and better each year. Come out and see Eric's new shop affectionately nicknamed the Taj-Ma-Eric.

drag races? Im tring to talk the builder of the Monster Pumps (Mike) to come up, Id have more leverage if there was going to be drags:poke: