Might have stripped ring and pinion

Part numbers for spicer axle nuts

621027-outer nut
621028-washer
660568-inner nut

Sweet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

1. Anyone know where I can find the spindle nut retainer/keeper/wedge thing?
2. When I put the new bearings in, do I need to pack them with grease or anything?
3. Does anyone have a blown up diagram of the end of the axle? I'm specifically trying to see where the seal actually sits.

Last edited:
Bearings should be prelubed throughly in the same fluid that goes in the rear.

This just isn't my year.

After checking every single store in OKC, I finally found the bearings and inner seal in stock at napa, but they don't have the outer axle seal. But thats ok, I'll try RTV, right? Well then, no one, I mean NO ONE has the 2 9/16 socket for the hub nut, and napa is the only one that will order it. 3 day phuckin wait from dallas. So this all stays on hold till tuesday morning. But I work, so probably won't get touched again till saturday.

Now I spend the rest of the day drinking.

The racoon man has the socket I need! So I may very well have this done by morning after all!

Well then, no one, I mean NO ONE has the 2 9/16 socket for the hub nut, and napa is the only one that will order it.

I beg to differ, kind sir. :D

Hope you got it put together last night. I was a little disappointed that the socket doesn't fit the nut any better than it did on mine, but it works and that is the size specified. I'd be willing to bet some metric size would fit it better.

How many beers did your helper cost ya? I tried to send a beer with him but he seemed to be responsible and didn't want one for the road. LOL

I beg to differ, kind sir. :D

Hope you got it put together last night. I was a little disappointed that the socket doesn't fit the nut any better than it did on mine, but it works and that is the size specified. I'd be willing to bet some metric size would fit it better.

How many beers did your helper cost ya? I tried to send a beer with him but he seemed to be responsible and didn't want one for the road. LOL

Did not get it done last night, it was dark, and the drinking was starting. I don't think metric would work at all as everywhere I read said specificially 2 9/16. But who knows.

Didn't get it done today because I was recovering, and it's as hot and humid as my dream girls underwear outside. So maybe tonight after we get back from the wetdub meet I'll drag out a few lights and see what can be done.

So timing your truck at 2am after drinking all day was cool but not while assembling your axle? I fail to see your logic LOL

So timing your truck at 2am after drinking all day was cool but not while assembling your axle? I fail to see your logic LOL

It was an emergency then LOL And not 103* out. And I have the beetle so I'm not hard pressed to get it finished LOL

So I have awesome news. The threaded end of the spindle is out of round, so the nut won't go back on at all. Any ideas how to get it right again? The vertical gap is 42mm, and the horizontal gap measures 40mm, exactly. So I need to spread it 1mm.