Mike Drever 9.78 @ 142 video

damn that's sweet... :rockwoot:

I have a stupid question though, why don't guys try and run a twin stick to do a front burn and then a rear burn to get all slicks nice n warm?

damn that's sweet... :rockwoot:

I have a stupid question though, why don't guys try and run a twin stick to do a front burn and then a rear burn to get all slicks nice n warm?

Thats a rockcrawler mod... would never work at the dragstrip! Maybe they either haven't thought of it, don't think they need to or figure the extra weight doesn't warrant it?

Thats a rockcrawler mod... would never work at the dragstrip! Maybe they either haven't thought of it, don't think they need to or figure the extra weight doesn't warrant it?

yea I'm not sure on weight, I know very little on how to even set them up (I know the offroad guys on here most likely do). But I can't imagine all these slicks on the front running cold is really helping much.

Thanks Everybody; she is a handfull, but a whole lot of fun, lol!! We are still working on some traction issues, she will sure be something if we can get it to hook.

Mike
nice job!!!! What kind of 60ft's you pulling?

Nice run. Have you figured out what liquid the truck left on the line? It's visible at the .33 point in the video. I'm just asking for safety reasons....since nobody else has mentioned it.

Nice run. Have you figured out what liquid the truck left on the line? It's visible at the .33 point in the video. I'm just asking for safety reasons....since nobody else has mentioned it.

I assumed it was coolant. I was strapped in for my pass right behind him in that lane, and I thought "oh, crap, is it too late to change lanes?" Whatever it was, the track crew did a full prep and re-VHT'd the line, it hooked fine for me.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

We were cooling it down between runs with ice and we just didn't get all the water out of the innercooler.

yea I'm not sure on weight, I know very little on how to even set them up (I know the offroad guys on here most likely do). But I can't imagine all these slicks on the front running cold is really helping much.

I have suggested that before too! The right t-case, twin-sticked won't weigh anymore than what is being run already.

Don't need to do burn outs in 4x4 waste of time and tread.

Burnouts WILL help on slicks, as does spraying them with VHT. Especially works good on a track that isn't prepped that well. Racing slicks are designed to work at a certain operating temp.

Burnouts WILL help on slicks, as does spraying them with VHT. Especially works good on a track that isn't prepped that well. Racing slicks are designed to work at a certain operating temp.

Obviously getting them tacky and warm helps. Most of our launching power comes off the front wheels, that why we try and set up the suspension to not unload the front on launch. Can't do a burn out with the front and we at least haven't found it helps any at all just doing the back. We will probably do a line lock on the frontend brakes and really heat'em up and see if it helps. As you know,, the best 60' time is where it's at.

Obviously getting them tacky and warm helps. Most of our launching power comes off the front wheels, that why we try and set up the suspension to not unload the front on launch. Can't do a burn out with the front and we at least haven't found it helps any at all just doing the back. We will probably do a line lock on the frontend brakes and really heat'em up and see if it helps. As you know,, the best 60' time is where it's at.

Mike runs M&H nostalgia slicks. He normally heats the rears, this time he didn't and his 60's were no worse.