Mike Drever 9.78 @ 142 video

when you were talking about setting up your front end not to unload....could you explain a little on that, what needs to be done and why...dont mean to derail thanks

:cool:
when you were talking about setting up your front end not to unload....could you explain a little on that, what needs to be done and why...dont mean to derail thanks

We've by no way have it profected but if you look at the faster 4x4 you will find stiff rebound shocks on the front along with some sort of travel limiter and a soft rearend is working better. That with a variety of variations including caltracs, sway bars and voodoo.

You basically want the front tires to be doing as much work as possible accelerating the vehicle. You want to limit weight transfer rather than encourage it.

what kind of shocks do you reccomend for fronts and back...my caltracks are coming today....this is also my daily...thanks guys

what kind of shocks do you reccomend for fronts and back...my caltracks are coming today....this is also my daily...thanks guys

I run a QA1 double adjustable , I dont think the brand matters as much as finding something that when all the way adjusted the rebound is super stiff ! Most liekly when you look for a shock you wont find one listed under your model truck , just measure your extended and collapsed lengths ( at ride height it should be about right in the middle usually) and look through the companies website or catolg . When i bought my QA1's i called there shock tech helpline and gave them the measurements i needed and they helped me find the right shock .

throw some more brands of companys i can call...cause i just got off the phone with a tech guy from billstein..told him what truck i had and that i raced alot.his first answer was, why am i racing a diesel truck.so basically told him have a good day and hung up the phone, this guy sounded like he was 20 years old lol.thanks again guys

throw some more brands of companys i can call...cause i just got off the phone with a tech guy from billstein..told him what truck i had and that i raced alot.his first answer was, why am i racing a diesel truck.so basically told him have a good day and hung up the phone, this guy sounded like he was 20 years old lol.thanks again guys

you will have to find the #'s but

Qa1
Koni
Fox
Bilstien ( I know you tried there )
those are a few it will take some leg work to find them . Maybe start at websites . here is a quick link

http://qa1.thomasnet.com/results/sports-drag-and-street-performance-shock-absorbers/eg-single-and-double-adjustable-stock-mount-shocks?&plpver=1001&categid=1026&prodid=3001002&backtoname=

x2 on the Qa1's, might try Rancho 9000 as well they are cheaper than the
Qa1's, but I don't think as good.