Mission race?

No I don't think it was the track, I beleive it was just a corporate decision just not enough of a truck count.

I suspect it was a bit of both. The truck count was decent enough, but it takes forever to run when you are "filler" in a regular ET bracket program with additional classes as well. I have always liked the race because it gives us a chance to run the other classes, but it does make for a damn long day! I doubt I could get Caitlyn to run that track again though (and I still question the wisdom of changing the Jr return road to require a full 180° on the track to enter it). Apparently hers was the 3rd such top end wreck since they made that change.

I like the track, always have had awesome weather when we have been there, I agree with Michael it takes forever to finish a race. I love to watch that 7 sec doorslammer class they run there, all the cars are damn near perfect as well as being fast. Most of the owners are dicks however and really looked down their noses at us diesel scum. They are not as bad as that group of Ecofags that run the electric crap at Portland, that was really bad.

I like the track, always have had awesome weather when we have been there, I agree with Michael it takes forever to finish a race. I love to watch that 7 sec doorslammer class they run there, all the cars are damn near perfect as well as being fast. Most of the owners are dicks however and really looked down their noses at us diesel scum. They are not as bad as that group of Ecofags that run the electric crap at Portland, that was really bad.

LOL, my first time ever there we sat in a downpour for a couple of hours, then right as it stopped the track called it a rainout. We needed sunglasses and air conditioning for the drive home. The guys that actually run the one "popular" electric car (White Zombie) are actually pretty decent guys, but most of their "fans" leave a bit to be desired.

Maybe I am wrong, but it sure feels like the NHRDA has been systematically weeding out the Canadian events.

I won't be surprised, despite the fan and truck count, to hear Edmonton get put on the chopping block in the next couple years.

Edmonton is probably just about the biggest truck count they have at any race that we go to....in all actuality I think it is probably the biggest truck count NHRDA has in the west half of the country anyways....but time will tell

Maybe I am wrong, but it sure feels like the NHRDA has been systematically weeding out the Canadian events.

I won't be surprised, despite the fan and truck count, to hear Edmonton get put on the chopping block in the next couple years.

Don't know where you heard that, that's probably in the top two or three for truck count and also spectators. Fun race nice people and lots of Gibsons. :D

I'd be very surprised. I think it's the best race of the year. Love the crazy Canadians.

Edmonton was small this year. Years past it has had over 100 trucks in sportsman.

My point was despite the large turn out, being that all of the other Canadian events have been phased out, it won't surprise me if it happens to Edmonton too.

I raced in sportsman for a few years and it was never over a 100 got up to 80 ish but don't remember having over a 100. There were MORE fast trucks this year then ever before from all over the country also....

Texas is funny you would think with the trucks in the parking lot that the stands would be packed lol....I think most just come to tailgate party lol....which is not a bad thing tail gate parties are a blast!!

Of course you are.

Any event that puts nhrda in the black and puts their sponsers names if front of a bunch of people will continue. those that don't are going to be replaced by venues that do... hopefully replaced anyways.

Edmonton was small this year. Years past it has had over 100 trucks in sportsman.

My point was despite the large turn out, being that all of the other Canadian events have been phased out, it won't surprise me if it happens to Edmonton too.

In the past I was responsible for the points spreadsheet for all classes/races. The sportsman class at Edmonton never exceeded 6 rounds. 6 rounds would have between 33 and 64 participants. It is a progression of the power of two. 2 to the 6th power is 64. 5 rounds - 2 to the 5th power would be 17 to 32 participants. ETC ETC.