Mission race?

In the past I was responsible for the points spreadsheet for all classes/races. The sportsman class at Edmonton never exceeded 6 rounds. 6 rounds would have between 33 and 64 participants. It is a progression of the power of two. 2 to the 6th power is 64. 5 rounds - 2 to the 5th power would be 17 to 32 participants. ETC ETC.

To much power now my head hurts..

In the past I was responsible for the points spreadsheet for all classes/races. The sportsman class at Edmonton never exceeded 6 rounds. 6 rounds would have between 33 and 64 participants. It is a progression of the power of two. 2 to the 6th power is 64. 5 rounds - 2 to the 5th power would be 17 to 32 participants. ETC ETC.

Good to know you are still kicking Jim!

Nice to here the accual count of racers in that class

Good to know you are still kicking Jim!

Yes Rob, I'm still kicking and getting ornerier every day. I had to leave racing because of a lung disease called pulmonary fibrosis for two years. It took all that time to go through the screening process at the University of Washington. I was placed on the transplant list April 8th of this year. I was so fortunate to receive the gift of a transplant November 4th. The somber part of all this is that a family has lost a loved one for me to receive this gift of life.

Enough people know about this I might as well let the cat out of the bag. The bad news for all you Sportsman racers, IF I am strong enough I will be at the Bakersfield race in March.

Jim

Good to hear from you Jim! I had not heard you had gotten the transplant. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Paul

Good to hear from you Jim! I had not heard you had gotten the transplant. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Paul

I pity the sportsman class competitors if Paul and Jim come back to the circuit.

Jim,
I'm about 90% sure that it was a 7 rounder (and a FULL 7-rounder at that with no late round singles) the year I won Sportsman & Pro Stock (2008 or 2009). I remember it being announced as 132 trucks in qualifying, but with breakage it dropped back below 128 for 1st round.

Jim,
I'm about 90% sure that it was a 7 rounder (and a FULL 7-rounder at that with no late round singles) the year I won Sportsman & Pro Stock (2008 or 2009). I remember it being announced as 132 trucks in qualifying, but with breakage it dropped back below 128 for 1st round.

Michael,
In 2008 you won Pro Street (2 competitors) and what was then Pro-2 (63 competitors). In 2009 you finished 2nd in Pro Stock and lost in the 4th round of Sportsman ET (62 competitors). I still have all the points spreadsheets for the years I tracked NHRDA points.
Jim

Yeah it should be interesting comparing scars and medical bills at Bakersfield. :D

Michael,
In 2008 you won Pro Street (2 competitors) and what was then Pro-2 (63 competitors). In 2009 you finished 2nd in Pro Stock and lost in the 4th round of Sportsman ET (62 competitors). I still have all the points spreadsheets for the years I tracked NHRDA points.
Jim
Thanks for looking it up! I could have sworn there was one more round in there in Pro-2, at least I thought they announced it as that many trucks! It sure seemed like more than that, they filled the staging lanes well past the road between the pit areas 1st round.

Glad to have all you guys back at the track, it was getting to where I was one of the "old guys" ;)