Modded Rail and PRV suggestions

dodge05cr

Granny Shifter
Its for an 05 cr, I've been running a stock fuel rail since I had the truck and a rail cap for about 3 years. The stock cp3 has an arson kit on it. Well I just purchased PPE dual fulers with a stock duramax top pump. First question is do I need a cummins fca to go on the duramax pump? Next is I DO NOT want to run a rail cap anymore so i talked to TC Diesel and he said to do his wild rail and 32k dump. Then I also talked to Motorsport and he said that modded rails do absolutely Nothing for added fuel. He offers a 33k relief, an adapter for an 05 and a special return line. He said it has 3x the flow of a standard valve. Let me know ur thoughts and opionions on what I should do. Thanks

I have PPE dual pumps with no relief and I have tried the modded rail no difference what so ever you feel like spending your money on
On your ?with the top pump no you do not have to change the top fca

relief valve with 3x the flow? seems counter productive to horsepower

so many different answers.. I have a buddy with dual cp3's dual feed and no relief. His truck keeps blowing injector solenoids. He just bought a tc modded rail and 32k valve. But I need help on what i should do bc right now all I have is a stock prv. Im working with a 750hp drag stick truck. So I want to go with the best option there is for me.

You need a working PRV for 2 reasons.
1) you have an 05 that needs a better rail pressure table but can't be modified due to no custom tuning option.
2) your truck is stick, with the way the RP table is set up, RP stays up when the fuel pedal is initially released and along with the injector solenoids closing and twin pumps it makes a fierce pressure spike.

dont let someone talk you into that 5 way adapter. bought one of them and it leaked in the driveway. I ran mine with no relief for a while because the ppe lines broke right away. had alot better luck with the dual feed line to the top pump. tried to move the rail pressure sensor to the top cp3 today and it didnt go well. everybody said you need a relief valve and thats the only way I could get mine to not leak. why you have it off I would put the cummins in fca in the dmax pump but if you have more than about 15psi of fuel pressure you better lower the pressure with your pump. do some searching on the modded rail ive read a few guys say they didnt help any

Last edited:
dont let someone talk you into that 5 way adapter. bought one of them and it leaked in the driveway. I ran mine with no relief for a while because the ppe lines broke right away. had alot better luck with the dual feed line to the top pump. tried to move the rail pressure sensor to the top cp3 today and it didnt go well. everybody said you need a relief valve and thats the only way I could get mine to not leak. why you have it off I would put the cummins in fca in the dmax pump but if you have more than about 15psi of fuel pressure you better lower the pressure with your pump. do some searching on the modded rail ive read a few guys say they didnt help any

The 5-Way Adapter is differently tricky to Install..You are Not the only 1 to Have trouble with it..Now I rarely will sell it without the Device installed and leaving form here. Sorry for the trouble.

Installing the 5-way with rail on engine is No longer recommended,Some owners have been successful with the install, others it created lots of problems.

I was told by by Don M. (F1) that he likes the modded rails cause it dampens the fuel psi spikes. The amount of money i have wraped up in injectors vs the price of a modded rail and a big 32k prv is money well spent.
Todd @ T&C will treat you right.
My two

Huh, you had no problem selling me your 5 way that leaked in your driveway for 30 min. Your Comp D sale add stated you changed directions. :hehe:

FYI two of the 5 way seats were galled at the base so that was your leaking issue. Im not mad I fixed it with several hours of setup and machine time though. I installed new copper washers and have ran trouble free since. This is my second 5 way used for dual pump, dual relief applications. I have had no issues with holding rail pressure or had any injector damage since I switched to running these setups.

Huh, you had no problem selling me your 5 way that leaked in your driveway for 30 min. Your Comp D sale add stated you changed directions. :hehe:

FYI two of the 5 way seats were galled at the base so that was your leaking issue. Im not mad I fixed it with several hours of setup and machine time though. I installed new copper washers and have ran trouble free since. This is my second 5 way used for dual pump, dual relief applications. I have had no issues with holding rail pressure or had any injector damage since I switched to running these setups.

and you paid about $100 for it. maybe you should have said something I would have sent your money back no problem. im the one who took that hit and paid double that for it. how many people on here have bought parts from me that got screwed ask around?

The 5-Way Adapter is differently tricky to Install..You are Not the only 1 to Have trouble with it..Now I rarely will sell it without the Device installed and leaving form here. Sorry for the trouble.

Installing the 5-way with rail on engine is No longer recommended,Some owners have been successful with the install, others it created lots of problems.

well I honestly dont have a problem with your stuff or you. i didnt call on the phone and throw a fit did I? just tired of seeing other people spend lots of money on stuff for nothing thats all. Im not the first guy to get on here and bash just stating what worked for me a and what didnt.

well I honestly dont have a problem with your stuff or you. i didnt call on the phone and throw a fit did I? just tired of seeing other people spend lots of money on stuff for nothing thats all. Im not the first guy to get on here and bash just stating what worked for me a and what didnt.

No You didn't.. I hear Ya.. I would have went the Mile necessary to make it work,15 minutes in the mill with a counter bore and it would be new,You are not the only one to have trouble with it,Most get it right on the 2nd Install, But many have overcome the install and have save many $$$$,Some time a guy has to ask himself "why is T&C only 1 offering these device's" they are hard to make, hard to install and price fair,it's just not worth the effort and resources necessary to compete, We will make MORE $$$$ of the injection component(s) sales.

You can run capped for years as long as you never go over the edge, I hear it all the time capped for years, but I snapped XXXXX and had a rail spike and took out 1 or 2 injectors Now I have $$$$ for repairs that $300.00 and some time & effort would have resolved.

My first 5 way leaked cuz i over torqed and fuked up the blanks. Todd fixed me up nicly. no issues in about a year now maybe?

I second the stick shift and a proper reilief valve setup. crappy tuning is the problem.

Auto solved my problem ;)

My first 5 way leaked cuz i over torqed and fuked up the blanks. Todd fixed me up nicly. no issues in about a year now maybe?

I second the stick shift and a proper reilief valve setup. crappy tuning is the problem.

Auto solved my problem ;)

So what should I go with..

I spent 200 bucks on a 6.7 rail, lines and connector tubes....screw a relief valve.

I have 5 way valve took 2 tries to get right, but Todd walked me through it and I'm glad I have it. 30k valve on mine.