Monster stage 2 .......sadness

farmboysdiesel said:
Putting a P pump on a 24 valve will accomplish nothing but a tuning nightmare and very little to no ability to drive every day if you're shooting for max power.

'splain please :confused:

farmboysdiesel said:
Putting a P pump on a 24 valve will accomplish nothing but a tuning nightmare and very little to no ability to drive every day if you're shooting for max power. I can drive this truck every day with little to no smoke - Stage 2 pump will be a little more friendly on the street.

Doug - I really care nothing about proving anything on a dyno - real world power is made on the ground running as far as I'm concerned.

BTW - just so you guys know. The sticks I'm running now are smaller than the Mach injs I was running last year and I have several sets here ready to try. All in good time.

From what I have seen of the stage three, a race P-7100 is alot more streetable - and extremely more reliable.

SmokinCummins said:
From what I have seen of the stage three, a race P-7100 is alot more streetable - and extremely more reliable.

Are you saying that you have actually seen this supposed monster pump?

Well hell, it would be nice if the other million of us would get some bloody proof of it. A drag race video, a sled pull video, a dyno video (showing the numbers and curves), a driving video, something. All we hear are 2 people on the internet that say they have seen them and that they run good. I'm a very trusting man but even I'm getting skeptical about this pump.

BgBlDodge said:
Are you saying that you have actually seen this supposed monster pump?

I have seen it - it does actually exist. I am not impressed.

It does run very strong once you get one that actually works. It is streetable, but only in the sense that it can be driven on the road. It is LESS streetable than a P-pump conversion with a 13mm race pump and race injectors and in full race trim. Anyone that has experience with a race pump and injectors know what that statement means. You can tune a race pump down and put in a "sane" set of injectors and have a half way streetable truck. The Stage three is still a monster no matter what you do to it. Put in small injectors and they supposedly blow up. I have not seen that, but that is what others are saying here.

A stage three will not compete with a P-Pump on the sled track, dyno, or 1/4 mile AND it is less reliable than an SO VP-44.

Last edited:
Well if I'm correct the stage 3 was never meant to be a streetable pump but still, that's just insane. Give me a less reliable pump that is smokey and rough running. In the words of Ron White, "I don't think so scooter."

BgBlDodge said:
Well hell, it would be nice if the other million of us would get some bloody proof of it. A drag race video, a sled pull video, a dyno video (showing the numbers and curves), a driving video, something. All we hear are 2 people on the internet that say they have seen them and that they run good. I'm a very trusting man but even I'm getting skeptical about this pump.

go to youtube and search "11 second cummins" it is the first one that pops up. I am sure that the ppump is probably more reliable. I dont know what kind of longevity this stage 2 has. at least not yet anyway.

FWIW, C-Hawk ran an 11.7x with an SO pump and a 40/3b on fuel 2 years ago.... I'm sure he could have found 2 more tenths if he still owned the truck.