Monster stage 2 .......sadness

Gus,

Lets see dyno sheets from same day, same truck, same dyno, comparing pumps..... The track times don't work cause your engine is new so there is no baseline.

Still a good running truck no matter how well this pump is suppose to do. Cant wait to see you get it dialed in a little better.

andy

I dont care about the smoke either but, wasent this pump suppose to be so nice that you could just daily drive it fine, and just turn the electronics off??? Dosen't seem to be but what do i know. Like i was sayin for the cost of one of these pumps might as well P pump it and have reliability and about the same drivability as one.

Putting a P pump on a 24 valve will accomplish nothing but a tuning nightmare and very little to no ability to drive every day if you're shooting for max power. I can drive this truck every day with little to no smoke - Stage 2 pump will be a little more friendly on the street.

Doug - I really care nothing about proving anything on a dyno - real world power is made on the ground running as far as I'm concerned.

BTW - just so you guys know. The sticks I'm running now are smaller than the Mach injs I was running last year and I have several sets here ready to try. All in good time.

While I agree with you on the whole track vs. dyno thing there are still some of us that wanna actually see the power increase and like bragging about dyno numbers. Not to mention that it would help justify the cost and it would also show us the difference in power curves and where peak power comes in and so on and so forth which is something we all wanna see. Not trying to start a fight here but why are you so against dynoing this pump for us?

I'm not trying to deny you guys anything - swear. I'll get around to the dyno thing but I'm more concerned about ET right now.

farmboysdiesel said:
Doug - I really care nothing about proving anything on a dyno - real world power is made on the ground running as far as I'm concerned.

OK lets see you have a HP number in your sig, you have made claims about how much power this pump and your new engine makes. All I am asking is some quantifiable numbers to if this pump works as advertised. Almost every component the the diesel performance industry makes is rated by HP, why can't we get this? This "real world power statement" is a cop out, actual power to the wheels can only be measured on a dyno. The drag strip and sled track only show who has the best setup for the task at hand.

This isn't a bash at you Gus or the guys making the pump, it just that nobody has come up with quantifiable data to back up that this pump is any better than a standard -027 pump.

I understand Doug - if you want to see numbers that bad let's get you a pump and see what happens.

If you have a pump available, send him one, Doug would be my #1 choice for anything to do with performance increases on a 24V. I feel certain he could swap pumps with the truck still strapped to the dyno even LOL LOL

I'm in agreement with Tyler, and Doug, and Tim, and everydamnbodyelse on this, show me the dyno sheet, that's verifiable, repeatable proof of a performance increase. The SOP meter sucks and track times can vary quite a bit from day to day due to circumstances out of your control. I really would like to see this pump work as advertised, it would be great news for the 24V crowd.

I grown tired on waiting for the VP to advance- sold off all my VP stuff- pump- lines- injectors..... still have a Drag Comp available, no more plug and play for me. I have all the fuel I'll ever need and more-(P-pump)

The best thing that can happen if this pump does work is to get it into the hands of someone like Doug- yet what does Doug get outta it? He has to spend the time to test, swap and test somemore.....time is money.

farmboysdiesel said:
I understand Doug - if you want to see numbers that bad let's get you a pump and see what happens.

If this happens, I'm ducking for cover as I will surely know the sky is falling.:hehe:

Seriously, I think that would be a great idea to get a pump in Doug's hands.

I agree that dyno runs are a tuning tool, and sometimes give you a little bragging rights for you buddies...but a truck that makes 600hp on the rollers, can run a 12.0, go make some gear, tire, rpm, suspension changes, come back and run an 11.5 (if you know what you are doing) but still make the exact same 600hp on the rollers.

putting it on the dyno eliminates all variables except one...THE PUMP

farmboysdiesel said:
Money isn't a problem

And I thought you were hard up, can't afford to dyno, need a sponsor :hehe: :hehe:

Are you going to come out and play this weekend or just :blahblah1:

Ph4tty said:
And I thought you were hard up, can't afford to dyno, need a sponsor :hehe: :hehe:

Are you going to come out and play this weekend or just :blahblah1:

Me - short on money?? I don't think so scooter. I think I'll stay here and :blahblah1: cause if I come up there some people would be doing a whole lot less of this. :blahblah1:

Seems to me like a good way to shut them up...either that or pay them to be part of the mystery pump fan club, since you're loaded!

Chris

Guess so - wait a minute....... me loaded??? nahhhh LOL

So now Chris has dubbed a new low - 'Mystery Pump Fan Club'
Good one. :clap: