MONSTER vp44

Triple 7

Black Smoke Sickness
Do any of you that are currently running a monster pump have any amount of miles on it? I talked to Mike today from M and J Tool and he swares by this pump (with his injectors). Im pretty sure that I going to go with this combo but I just cant help to wonder about its reliability. I just wanted to see if anybody has accumulated any miles with this combo yet, and if so do you still like it as much as the first time you drove it? Thank you for any info

I see youve got a Michigan plate, where at are you from?

I dont have any miles on mine maybe 100mi, Mike is always driving up and down 127 so he must have quite a few on his truck.... There is another guy here in town that has one of his pumps... Its been on his truck for almost 2 years now with no issues.

Im from the Lapeer area. Has your truck been acting fine on the street? I assume that you are running Mikes stage 2 injectors as well. Thanks for the input!

i had mikes pump with out his injectors for over 20k then it blew, now has his injectors and a second pump and im loving makein alot more power!

I am currently running DDP 150's (street) and 250 comps (racing). Mike said it wouldn't be to long before a tip popped (most likely) cuz of the flow and pressure. Are you running one set of injectors all the time? Meaning on the street and on the dyno?

Im running his injectors and on the street mannors are fine! I actually have my comp box turned OFF and it still has TONS of power...... Id say have your box off for daily driving and turn it up when your racing:rockwoot:

Let me know how the combo works out........i have the stage 2 and will be getting a set of his inj soon. kinda wanting more input than just mikes

I hear ya. Mike sounds like a great guy but like I said before Im not sure about the pumps reliability yet.

Heck the VP44 is the most UNreliable pump ever produced, regardless of the Monster. I have had a Monster #2 for awhile now. I don't use his sticks, I use mine, same nozzle but in a 6x16, with alot of lift and a cut pintle. Several guys are running this same setup, with impressive results. As for longevity, I know Mike will stand by his pump and not leave me hanging. That is more confidence than I got from my previous pump builders.

Im running mikes injectors, pump and tubes and i love them.... i have a little over a thousand miles on my truck since the install and they sure do deliver alot of power with no boxes....For reliablity u cant beat it when he will stand by the pump long as u dont starve the pump for fuel and run his injectors. That is the best warrenty i know of...

How does your truck idle? I hear that with the stock lines on the pump it idles real rough. Then it clears up with the .093's. But when I talked to mike he said with lines wouldn't make any big difference.

mine idles quite rough with 93s and 110 tubes... its got a pretty heavy haze at idle though as well.... wont complain cuz it runs good

Mine idles just like stock unless you've done some hard running with it. Then it has minor roughness in the idle. I dynoed yesterday and put down 499.34hp with no electronics.

Mine idles just like stock unless you've done some hard running with it. Then it has minor roughness in the idle. I dynoed yesterday and put down 499.34hp with no electronics.
Did you make any runs w/ electronics?

Are you running the stock lines or the big lines?

ian does he have monster vp stickers? i want one for the eltrucko and taping the pump as far as i understand it dosent remove the warrenty

I dont think that taping the pump is an issue. Mike said that he had one tapped with a drag comp and it worked great.