Most EVER?

Maybe because we still want to keep the streetability of the truck to still be able to use it. Do you have any idea what size turbos it would take, rpm, load etc to make 1200-1300 on fuel? It would not be very street friendly. I know anything is possible, but I like my combo just fine. Makes good power and the price was reasonable and within reach to most consumers. There are very few customers that would drop the coin to make that kind of power on fuel only.

I have an idea of how big they have to be, and I drive it on the street everyday as well as tow a trailer.

Attachments

• P1030470.jpg
    P1030470.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 105
Maybe because we still want to keep the streetability of the truck to still be able to use it. Do you have any idea what size turbos it would take, rpm, load etc to make 1200-1300 on fuel? It would not be very street friendly. I know anything is possible, but I like my combo just fine. Makes good power and the price was reasonable and within reach to most consumers. There are very few customers that would drop the coin to make that kind of power on fuel only.

That was exactly my point a kind of "he who with the most cash win" senario, and my other point was that if a person is smart enough to nail a combination that both streetable and lays down really high #2 HP#'s then he is entitled to a very revered status in the diesel community. Granted, HP is HP if you look at the black and white. But isnt the name of the game to beat the guy next to you? To out engineer and out perform him? I mean, you yourself made 1200+ on spray. But if someone were to come along and nail 1200+ on fuel your record would always be "tainted" By which I mean a Mr. Mark McGwire type aura. And even now when your numbers are mentioned its usually followed by "on spray". I'm not down playing your numbers/success, please dont get that impression, Just explaining myself as I feel I must be hard to understand by the feedback I recieve on some of my posts. Hell, In the future I'd love to take a crack at your numbers whether it be on drugs or Diesel only. $.02

I have an idea of how big they have to be, and I drive it on the street everyday as well as tow a trailer.

you missed the most important part. ;) I said mine was reasonably priced and within the reach of most consumers wallets. I never said it was not obtainable, I said very few would understand or be able to afford it. If it were that easy, everyone would be doing it.

Care to let anyone know how much money it would take to make that number on fuel with your set up? I recently quoted a customer for my identical build. We can compare numbers. :D

There are a lot of good points in this thread. I personally think that the numbers only stand true on one dyno, that same dyno that is coined the humiliater, and gave me a lesson the first time my truck was on it. When you get into the high 1200 hp range there are lots of other things going on that need to be address to get the numbers on the graph. I kinda came out to prove the point that Michigan does have some smart guys here both East and West and we can make just as much power as anyone else. You guys are some dang good competition, I don't care if its a CP3 or a P-Pump either, but I am happy to see its a 6 cylinder, its been fun finding the limits of every part on my truck, but at this point I want to drive the dang thing, not work on it all the time. I would like to devote some time to another area that I like to dabble in......

P6140613.jpg

I'll probably show numbers after i dyno in Fresno. Redding is hot, high alt., and humid at times, and all these kill power and spool up. Numbers in Fresno in the morning are more accurate and use less correction.

Redding weather report for June 20th & 21st: 87* low humidity and 550' elevation:poke:

87 degrees @ 6 am, 102 degrees @ 8 am, oops, maybe i can get on before 12 pm and not get bumped off for tough truck guys, lol. Just joking I understand, maybe I'll have to yank the sled with my 2wd this year. Oh this is Reb, see ya soon if I don't blow up in the next couple of days.

the weather is supposed to be unseasonably cool with a high of 87*

:cheer:
the weather is supposed to be unseasonably cool with a high of 87*

Thank goodness,Reddings typically way too hot for me!

Why does the weather matter for a dyno event? If we all run when its hot, on the same dyno, same day. Stratagy! Get there too early use the weather to your advantage. Show what ya got too early give the others the number to gun down. Its kinda tuff. But not tuff enough to be a good excuse.:cheer:

Besides at the end of the day the truck thing is a excuse for me to hang with the boys!:Cheer:

Funny...
Yeah well apparently I am getting old, because we all though they were high school girls, hence the hands in the pockets, but when we left they gave us a poster with a pic of them in there college dance team photo........:bang

The 2nd one from the right has a nice muffin top LOL

Redding weather report for June 20th & 21st: 87* low humidity and 550' elevation:poke:

ha ha come on Gary, do you think Reb would actually go to your guys event and not dyno? its going to be a fun event and maybe we will have a couple of browns truck enter the tough truck. cant wait buddy, i will see ya friday

Weather update: 95-96* low humidity and the elevation is still 550' :doh:

Last edited:
Back