Most EVER?

Really gonna work the big hitters out of the wood work. I'd like to see something similar for #2 only. That would be pretty cool, kinda level the playing field

yeah i agree, the guys #2 only usually spend alot more $$$ getting there.
they should have spray and fuel classes.

I'm running Cunningham new generation rods. If Cunningham won't fit a budget, then I would go with 12 or 24V rods. My old motor had them in there and that is why I think it lasted so long. Some early 03 motors had the old 24V rods.
NOS takes time, money, and brains to figure out as well. You can't throw on an hx-35 with a huge wastegate, NOS and expect to make Big HP. You have to have a turbo that moves a lot of air and it has to do it fast. I used to think that a HUGE turbo and enough NOS to get it to light would be the best, but there is a line you can cross and the power will DROP like crazy. When I went over the line I lossed 200 HP with and without NOS. I swapped turbos back and picked the power back up. That was 80mm single with high flowing turbine wheel.

So when can we expect these new numbers? This weekend or is someone waiting to see what goes down at MA?

I'm running Cunningham new generation rods. If Cunningham won't fit a budget, then I would go with 12 or 24V rods. My old motor had them in there and that is why I think it lasted so long. Some early 03 motors had the old 24V rods.
NOS takes time, money, and brains to figure out as well. You can't throw on an hx-35 with a huge wastegate, NOS and expect to make Big HP. You have to have a turbo that moves a lot of air and it has to do it fast. I used to think that a HUGE turbo and enough NOS to get it to light would be the best, but there is a line you can cross and the power will DROP like crazy. When I went over the line I lossed 200 HP with and without NOS. I swapped turbos back and picked the power back up. That was 80mm single with high flowing turbine wheel.

:thankyou2:

I'll probably show numbers after i dyno in Fresno. Redding is hot, high alt., and humid at times, and all these kill power and spool up. Numbers in Fresno in the morning are more accurate and use less correction.

yeah i agree, the guys #2 only usually spend alot more $$$ getting there.
they should have spray and fuel classes.

heck yea, most anybody with a job can afford $1200.00 for a Nitrous kit, But can they afford $30,000 to build a motor that will be competitive on #2? I'm not against Nitrous though, its cool in its own right.

heck yea, most anybody with a job can afford $1200.00 for a Nitrous kit, But can they afford $30,000 to build a motor that will be competitive on #2? I'm not against Nitrous though, its cool in its own right.

Why do you continuosly run your mouth spouting nonsense in threads you don't even have business posting in??:bang

I'll probably show numbers after i dyno in Fresno. Redding is hot, high alt., and humid at times, and all these kill power and spool up. Numbers in Fresno in the morning are more accurate and use less correction.

kick some arse man,,,, look forward to the insane #'s. if everything stays together,,,, congrats in advance!!!!!!!

later, AL

Maybe because we still want to keep the streetability of the truck to still be able to use it. Do you have any idea what size turbos it would take, rpm, load etc to make 1200-1300 on fuel? It would not be very street friendly. I know anything is possible, but I like my combo just fine. Makes good power and the price was reasonable and within reach to most consumers. There are very few customers that would drop the coin to make that kind of power on fuel only.

Let it eat Reb! :D

Maybe because we still want to keep the streetability of the truck to still be able to use it. Do you have any idea what size turbos it would take, rpm, load etc to make 1200-1300 on fuel? It would not be very street friendly. I know anything is possible, but I like my combo just fine. Makes good power and the price was reasonable and within reach to most consumers. There are very few customers that would drop the coin to make that kind of power on fuel only.

mills, those consumers are all Americans:bigsmile:

Lmills, what would it take to build an 04.5 or newer truck to your power level if a guy did all the install himself and owned a dyno to tune with till blue in the face?

What about an 03-04 motor? I hear they have fewer oil cooling jets, poorer flowing head, 2 injection events.

Back