My 12v project

me to ive been following your and ive got 50 miles on mine now. :p bad new i alread ripped the rearend out of it haha. my cover was leaking pretty good also and yep gotta take the pump off. prob did the same thin g as me and put the seal on backwards! i thought i had it right but guess not lol. i used rtv on the outside edges and now shes all good.

p.s. now i got a damn fuel leak, just my luck!

Did you take the gasket off and use only RTV? Or, did you use the seal with RTV around the outside of the seal?

Did you take the gasket off and use only RTV? Or, did you use the seal with RTV around the outside of the seal?

fat side of the gasket in and on the gasket it says front, i just ran a smooth bead all the way around it. i left the noise reducer crap off too.

wondering about your valve cover breathers. Did you weld a bung onto the valve cover then put that filter on? or just drill a hole and drop the filters in with a grommet?

wondering about your valve cover breathers. Did you weld a bung onto the valve cover then put that filter on? or just drill a hole and drop the filters in with a grommet?

I just drilled and tapped them to fit a barbed fitting.

Hey guys! It's been a while since i've posted on here....
Well i'm in the process of timing my truck again right now since i had to pull the pump to fix the tappet cover! (What I PITA!!!) I gave up last night because it was getting late on me. The truck is holding up good so far (minus the tappet cover). I have only put about 500 miles on it since the build.

My question to you is..... Our local Diesel Shop is haveing a Dyno Day near the end of May. I am thinking about attending this and taking a pull.. Does anybody have any advice for me? I've never ran on a dyno. Thank you!

should i put stock wheels and tires back on or should i keep the 35's? Does that even make a difference?

if im not mistaken the stock tires arent as tall as 35s so what ur doing is essentially changing gear ratios not just the amount of traction you'll have

Well i finally sorted out my fuel pressure issue.... the supply line from the tank was clogged. I blew is out with air and it's all better now!!
IMG00013-20100609-2133.jpg

i towed the boat to the lake last weekend, about 60 miles each way, and was VERY happy. It does what i wanted it to do!! My boat is not extremely heavy relatively speaking but as far as 22' boats go it's pretty heavy. it weighs 5200 with the trailer. The entire trip to the lake and back, which is up and down quite a bit, the EGT didn't get above 1000°, did slow down under 80mph, and didn't break a sweat!

All of my friends say it's the ugliest truck they've seen.... they might not be far off! (haven't got around to painting it yet)
IMG00111-20100522-1550.jpg

whats up with the oil temp?

Garrett

haha... i knew somebody would point that out. When i swapped the lift pump i snagged the ground wire for oil temp sending unit and broke the connection. It is an electric sweep gauge and when the sending unit is not grounded the gauge goes all the way to the needle and stays there. I'm not sure why but that is how they work. lol.

Back