My 12v project

awesome build!!! im p-pumping my 92 and im hopin to do a similar set-up as you turbo wise. if you dont mind me askin how much did it run ya for that twin set-up? also how much are you looking to get for HP?

awesome build!!! im p-pumping my 92 and im hopin to do a similar set-up as you turbo wise. if you dont mind me askin how much did it run ya for that twin set-up? also how much are you looking to get for HP?

thank you sir! It's been a fun build so far. I think i have about 2k or so in the twins. I just depends how resourceful you are when it comes time to shop! As far as HP goes........ I really don't even know what to expect. For the immediate future i will be running marine injectors. I plan to order SDX 5x14's in mid Febuary. Maybe 500-550????? i really don't know. that is just a guess.

Well i got the truck runing last night but have a few issues.

1. Tappet cover appears to be leaking :bang:bang YAY!! get to pull the pump off!!:bang

2. Engine doesn't seem to want to rev over about 2 thousand RPM's. It idles great and sounds good untill 2k or so. Once it hits 2k it flutters and cuts out. Does this sound like an issue with my 4gsk or possibly still air in the high pressure lines? Any ideas? This is frustrating.

Here's a picture of the rig. Took it to the shop today to steam clean the engine bay. I'm going to work on cleaning and painting up this portion of the project now. It didn't have a box when i got it so i picked up the white one off craigslist. I have plans to paint the truck black someday. I got the black grill off ebay, i have black headlights and bumper sitting in the garage as well.

IMG00116-20100101-1601.jpg
You are going to like the front in black. I know I do. I have been following your build from the start and wish I could do the same. Here's a pic of my front grill, lights, and bumper in black.
IMG00202.jpg

IMG00205.jpg

Well i got the truck runing last night but have a few issues.

1. Tappet cover appears to be leaking :bang:bang YAY!! get to pull the pump off!!:bang

2. Engine doesn't seem to want to rev over about 2 thousand RPM's. It idles great and sounds good untill 2k or so. Once it hits 2k it flutters and cuts out. Does this sound like an issue with my 4gsk or possibly still air in the high pressure lines? Any ideas? This is frustrating.

Check the timing?

did you have to raise the cab to get the engine in?

We got it in without raising the cab. Had to remove the 6th valve cover and get fairly creative. Also i don't know if it would be possible with the transmission in place. I have the trans out to fix the 5th gear nut and do a couple other things.

You are going to like the front in black. I know I do. I have been following your build from the start and wish I could do the same. Here's a pic of my front grill, lights, and bumper in black.
IMG00202.jpg

IMG00205.jpg

Thanks man! Your truck looks great! I have the headlights in but haven't put the bumper back on yet.

We got it in without raising the cab. Had to remove the 6th valve cover and get fairly creative. Also i don't know if it would be possible with the transmission in place. I have the trans out to fix the 5th gear nut and do a couple other things.

i just got mine back in finally and i didnt touch the cab nor the valve cover i got it in just fine. all im waiting on is delivery valve socket to set the iming cuz i lost mine lol.

Awesome Work bro! Incredible attention to detail! I'm just about to start my conversion and hope I can be as meticulous as you have been.

Thanks Kerm77!
I haven't made a whole lot of re-assembly progress in the last couple weeks cause i've been out of town alot and i've been messing with my timing issue:bang. I have finally gotten it dialed in where i want it now! Here's another shot of it in the truck and a pic of the headlight.

I am taking a vote on the color of the cold pipe. I'm leaning toward green.
A. Silver (like the valve covers)
B. Green

I have to get my trans put back together (took it apart to fix 5th gear nut and install input shaft) and then it will be ready for a test run!! Cant wait!:rockwoot:

IMG00160-20100126-0632.jpg

IMG00159-20100126-0632.jpg

So the issue was timing and not the governor, then?

Correct, Everybody that kept telling me to re-check the timing was correct. I was obviously doing something WAY wrong. It was at almost 36* of timing!!!:bang:doh::doh:

Correct, Everybody that kept telling me to re-check the timing was correct. I was obviously doing something WAY wrong. It was at almost 36* of timing!!!:bang:doh::doh:

Glad to hear you got it worked out!

Mr. UPS man finally showed up after some weather delays!
IMG00161-20100127-2009.jpg

Thre new bumper on as well (WOW.... what a fantastic picture) I will probably end up painting the grey plastic black.
IMG00165-20100128-0653.jpg

IMG00164-20100128-0652.jpg

yes, paint the grey part black as well, i have mine all black, with the same headlights and i love the look of it. i just need to get my grille painted to match the body color.

005.jpg

Back