My 12v project

ya wat did you do to make your studs fit? the instructions i just got say you have to take .020 of the rocker arms?

I milled the pedestals down 0.20 We have a hand mill at the shop. It was simple. I wouldn't imagine a shop wouldn't charge too much to machine them down.

What paint did you use on the exhaust housing? Great build so far!

What paint did you use on the exhaust housing? Great build so far!

Thank you.. It is duplicolor's high heat paint i think. It's for headers. It say's it's good up to 2000 degrees. I guess we'll find out.:Cheer:

Here's a picture of the rig. Took it to the shop today to steam clean the engine bay. I'm going to work on cleaning and painting up this portion of the project now. It didn't have a box when i got it so i picked up the white one off craigslist. I have plans to paint the truck black someday. I got the black grill off ebay, i have black headlights and bumper sitting in the garage as well.

IMG00116-20100101-1601.jpg

Got a small amount of work done today. Just did a little cleaning and painting. I didn't realize how horrible this pic turned out till i looked at it on the comp. I'll try to get another better one this week.

IMG00121-20100103-1504.jpg

Got my gauges installed too. I bought glowshift gauges because they were a little cheaper. Hopefully i don't regret it. I haven't heard too many bad things about them i just don't know if they are too "street-racer-ish" for my taste....
On the pillar i have 3 boost gaues (drive pressure, post S475 boost, and combined boost) Overhead I have pyro, fuel pressure, oil temp, and H20 temp. The overhead pod is from auto meter and is for a superduty. It contours the headliner in my 97 perfectly though!! I had to extend the wires for the rear view and will have to re-glue the tab about and inch and a half lower to clear the pod.

IMG00120-20100103-1448.jpg

Don't try anything with that single disk mine welded after 800 miles. That's great that you saved this pickup from the crusher and the build looks real purty.

I am sending it back and am going with a dual disc set-up now

Can anybody suggest any other fixes i should/could do to my nv4500 before i put the motor back in?

if you got the 5th gear nut fixed it should be fine. unless you want to buy a short shift kit.

what fix do you recommend? i have heard of a couple different alternatives....

Here's a crappy pic of the pod with the mirror relocated.
IMG00123-20100107-2101.jpg

You can tack it on, you can buy a new improved nut.... those are all that come to mind right now. im shure there are more

Can anybody suggest any other fixes i should/could do to my nv4500 before i put the motor back in?

i'd make sure to get the upgraded input shaft and have it cryo treated, i had all the shafts and gears cryo'd in mine

Here's an update!! It's getting closer. Dropped the motor yesterday and pretty well got everything connected and hooked back up where it goes. Just waiting on a clutch now! I sent me single disc back and am waiting on a dd setup.

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG0.jpg

IMG00128-20100110-1726.jpg

IMG00130-20100110-1733.jpg

IMG00129-20100110-1733.jpg

Sweet looking build! Sure wish I would run across an awesome deal like that!

Back