My 12v project

yes, paint the grey part black as well, i have mine all black, with the same headlights and i love the look of it. i just need to get my grille painted to match the body color.

005.jpg

That looks great!

Well, Installed the valair dd and trans yesterday.... Took it for it's maiden voyage and about 7 blocks from my house the pump gear slipped i believe. Had to get a tow to the house. My plan for tinight is to re-check timing and adjust accordingly and try again. Everything else seemed to be okay. Are dd clutches always fairly noisy when the pedal is depressed? Is it the middle plate vibrating?

My DD makes a noise when i push the clutch in, as soon as a let it out the noise goes away though. I think south bend has an upgrade from the older clutch that will eliminate that "plate rattle"

make shure the shaft on the pump is dry dry dry dry, and torque the nut down to 145#

my timing did almost the same exact thing when it slipped. and i did the above wrong

Well re-timed the motor and all is good now! it slipped back to nearly 0*!!

I put WAY more effort into cleaning and drying the shaft and torqued the nut to 155 lbs with a new washer. I put about 20 miles on it tonight just around town (being easy on it) and it runs like a top! This thing at 1/4 throttle seems to pull as hard as my old 6.0 ford did stock!! I can't wait to get the clutch good and broke it and "let er loose"!!

Well re-timed the motor and all is good now! it slipped back to nearly 0*!!

I put WAY more effort into cleaning and drying the shaft and torqued the nut to 155 lbs with a new washer. I put about 20 miles on it tonight just around town (being easy on it) and it runs like a top! This thing at 1/4 throttle seems to pull as hard as my old 6.0 ford did stock!! I can't wait to get the clutch good and broke it and "let er loose"!!

Thats them 4k springs. They will make the truck. Gov springs are the best mod that you could possible do to the truck. The beautiful work ya did on the twins helps too. :rockwoot:

Lance

weve been timing a truck for 2 days now! the line up pin came to us already broke off and weve set it twice and it slipped both times when we give it throttle. we torqued this thing way more than your supposed to i promise. so now were gonna get a new nut and washer and try it again. ughh!!!

Well... this thing is a friggin beast! It's alot of fun to drive even thought I have to be nice to it for a while :( The only problem I have now it the driver's side of the block is covered in oil..... tappet cover i think. Bummer, but oh well. I should be able tear it apart and have it back together in a few hours. I am just wondering, what method(s) have you guys had the best results for fixing these? I don't really want to buy a billet cover but if that's the only sure-fire fix then maybe i will. What about using RTV instead of the rubber gasket? Just a thought.... the gasket that is on it now is brand new and hasn't held oil since the first time i started the motor.

I'm thinking the P7100 has to come off to remove the tappet cover. If you can do it in a couple of hours maybe I'll bring you mine. LOL

Well... this thing is a friggin beast! It's alot of fun to drive even thought I have to be nice to it for a while :( The only problem I have now it the driver's side of the block is covered in oil..... tappet cover i think. Bummer, but oh well. I should be able tear it apart and have it back together in a few hours. I am just wondering, what method(s) have you guys had the best results for fixing these? I don't really want to buy a billet cover but if that's the only sure-fire fix then maybe i will. What about using RTV instead of the rubber gasket? Just a thought.... the gasket that is on it now is brand new and hasn't held oil since the first time i started the motor.

me to ive been following your and ive got 50 miles on mine now. :p bad new i alread ripped the rearend out of it haha. my cover was leaking pretty good also and yep gotta take the pump off. prob did the same thin g as me and put the seal on backwards! i thought i had it right but guess not lol. i used rtv on the outside edges and now shes all good.

p.s. now i got a damn fuel leak, just my luck!

I'm with you all!!! Got mine together and my studs are hitting the valve covers just enough to hit when almost tight. Damn.

Back