My build up of "daddy's money"

Russellt198

In february of 2012 i totaled my 03 QCSB 2500. after dealing with insurance and taking my parts off of it and selling it i found a 2006 2500 qcsb to replace it with.

my 03 "blue" before
169d78a8.jpg

and after
IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

so after i got my new truck home from new york i got right to getting my parts in her. i had a 4'' lift, intake, pusher manifold, 60% over stock CP3 from T&C diesel, AD II 165, and a smarty sr. the truck came with an exhaust and diablosport tuner.

some pics of the 06

night i brought her home
IMG_0777.jpg

intake and pusher on that night
IMG_0785.jpg

now i bought the truck knowing it had injector issues. i had plans to get some 100hp injectors for it right after buying it but i ran into issues getting my old title and getting paid for the old truck. i took a risk and took the truck on a trip from MA to SC and only made it to NJ before an injector went on me. After sitting in a rest area for over 12 hours a buddy from home came down with a trailer and dragged me home, tow mirrors down in shame. :nail:

sitting in NJ
IMG_0870.jpg

while the truck sat for a couple weeks waiting on new injectors from Exergy Performance i traded my stock wheels for a set of H2's. i hadn't put the lift on it yet because i didn't want to drive around with stock tires and a 4'' lift but knowing i was going too i wanted the bigger offset.

truck with H2's and stock tires/lift.
IMG_0969.jpg

i also installed some stereo goodies. i bought a pioneer 6.5'' in dash screen from a best buy that was closing and got a killer deal on it. i also had kicker speakers and an MTX enclosed sub/amp unit that were in the previous truck. i still have to order a NAV bezel for the truck but as of recently they have increased in price, upwards of $250.

head unit going in
IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

Finally the injectors came!! it took me the entire afternoon after work and a few hours the following day to get the truck back together, while i did the injectors i also put my CP3 in, a big line kit i pieced together on summit from the stock fuel bowl to the pump, an MBRP intercooler tube i had from blue and flushed the fluids. once i charged up the batteries she fired right up no issues. i was beyond thrilled.

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

almost buttoned up
IMG_1050.jpg

all finished
IMG_1276.jpg

i drove it like this for a while and saved up the $ i needed to get tires and a few pieces to put the lift in. i also got into sled pulling a bit so i used one of my old stacks and gave it some stack action. i also got into the plastidip craze that swept through my group of buddies and painted my wheels, emblems, bumper and grille.

a few pics of the "dipped" items.
IMG_1067.jpg

emblems
IMG_1064.jpg

once i had some play $ saved up i scooped up some new meats for the truck. when they arrived i brought the truck down to a buddies shop and we got to work. the 4'' (3.5'') top gun customz lift i had from the other truck went on and we put the new tires on my H2 wheels.

new tires toyo M/T 35/12.50/17
IMG_1428.jpg

getting the front end done
IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

tires swapped over
IMG_1432.jpg

finished up.
IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

i pulled at the marshfield fair in Marshfield MA this summer and placed in the top half of the pack. i did it just for fun so i was happy with my 242' pull
IMG_1449.jpg

i had gauges from the previous truck and added a FP gauge to monitor FP from the air dog and an oil pressure gauge
IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

i got a killer deal on a set of headlights and a set of tail lights from two different buddies so i threw them on the truck.
IMG_1550-1.jpg

with LED reverse bulbs
IMG_1514.jpg

once a dyno day was setup locally i downloaded TNTR for my smarty and threw the ol pig on the rollers. i was really hoping for 500hp and was very pleased with the results. 524/934 with a stock turbo!
IMG_1748.jpg

the 1st pull snapped a strap on the dyno and didn't register.
IMG_1749.jpg

that pretty much brings me up to date. currently i'm working with Idaho Rob from ATP getting some EFI live tunes for my truck, my fathers and 3 buddies. once i get that squared away its time to save up for a turbo, studs and some goodies from hamilton cams, oh and most of all a clutch. d'ont really have a goal power wise, just in a constant battle with a buddy to make more power than each other.

Not a fan of all the black, but to each his own!
Done a lot of wrench work on that truck, good job.

What happened with the blue one to wreck it?

the wheels aren't black anymore they're back to factory color. i want to get sport bumpers and color match the grille but we'll see. i was in a sand pit/cranberry bog and misjudged the size of a rock and it snapped the drivers wheel of and flopped it onto its side. and thanks, i love working on it.

Reminds me of a kid i know.... Names been taking and abused just as bad...

477699_410205169003634_515944167_o.jpg

Nice choice for a truck name!

thanks! the general assumption is that people that live on cape cod have old money and their parents pay for everything. thats where the name stems from, local diesel groups hate on the Cape guys for it so its kind of a joke.

so ive been battling an issue with the truck. the mbrp intercooler tube comes with new boots and the one that goes from the turbo to the tube is JUNK. ive gone through 3 of them in a year. every time it blows open it does it in the same spot. anyone run into this? I'm probably going to either order BD's kit or GDP's kit but i dont get why i keep blowing boots.

the second boot i blew and the fix that held for 2 months. i changed it about a month ago and its already blown again.
IMG_1284.jpg

Get a 3" straight pipe to run to the inter cooler and run 2 6" 4ply boots. More pipe less boot length.

The pipe and boots I have are the same size as stock length wise, just the metal pipe is bigger diameter wise

What caused the accident? Bad roads?

the wheels aren't black anymore they're back to factory color. i want to get sport bumpers and color match the grille but we'll see. i was in a sand pit/cranberry bog and misjudged the size of a rock and it snapped the drivers wheel of and flopped it onto its side. and thanks, i love working on it.

:lolly:

I remember the night it rolled, didnt really hit rusty till the next day wear that pic was taken in the driveway... Made out for the better when insurance paid out

For the love of God please put center caps on those wheels!

Other than that, it looks nice...be a fun daily driver.

Back