My build up of "daddy's money"

You said "as long as i'm STILL faster"

... We need to find a streach of highway and let them walk boi

i know i know, when we go to dez for dyno we'll have our showdown. both on the rollers and on the street :tree:

Put a resistor on the ground for the switch. You'll dim the light dramiticly

awesome ill deff give that a try, i have access to all sorts of resistors, any clue as to what size to try?

I'm assuming somewhere in the 50-100 ohm range.

All of your lights are on one ground right? So one resistor should do it

I'm assuming somewhere in the 50-100 ohm range.

All of your lights are on one ground right? So one resistor should do it

yeah they're all wired together. ill toss a resistor on it and see what happens. thanks again.

I used a 10k ohm .5 watt linear taper potentiometer on my gauges, its works sweet and you can adjust brightness by just turning the knob.

I used a 10k ohm .5 watt linear taper potentiometer on my gauges, its works sweet and you can adjust brightness by just turning the knob.

i might give that a shot. that would be really cool. i was thinking about also getting the autometer dimmer for my gauges, they get pretty bright.

i might give that a shot. that would be really cool. i was thinking about also getting the autometer dimmer for my gauges, they get pretty bright.

The autometer dimmer is $45 and the potentiometer is $10 from radioshack and they do the exact same thing.

My tunes from adrenaline truck performance came in and I loaded up their modified stock file. It definitely has more power and it is smoother than oem stock. I'm putting the bigger tune on tomorrow and I will update my thoughts. Mike and the guys at ATP are awesome and great to deal with

So not much going on with my build lately. As winter comes work slows down so I'm waiting for spring to finish up.

One thing I'm curious about is my fuel pressure. I have an autometer fp and rp gauge. When Todd built my pump he told me to keep the fp from my Air Dog at 14psi. I had it at that but whenever I hammered into the skinny petal it wod drop a few psi. I asked around and peoe said it was fine. Now it's at about 12psi at idle and when I get into it it will drop to almost 3psi. Is this an issue? I feel it is.

Here's a video of the gauges.
452C6297-1B85-4422-9203-42D76F93C37F-2761-00000305CBEC113F_zpsf944bf86.mp4

Hmmm, it should drop a 2-3 PSI @ 12 PSI Idle, down to 3 PSI is to Much, Call Me.

Its prob just a sensor issue rusty, have dylan throw a mechanical guage on it, the swing of that gauge should not be jumpy

i hadn't done much to the truck in a while, things were slow with work so the build was slow as well. the drivers side of my truck got smashed up durring a snow storm so i had that fixed and painted.

Before
[ame="http://s998.photobucket.com/user/russellt198/media/IMG_2733_zps8848b5fd.jpg.html"]IMG_2733_zps8848b5fd.jpg Photo by russellt198 | Photobucket[/ame]

After paint and dodge hubcaps
[ame="http://s998.photobucket.com/user/russellt198/media/IMG_2760_zps4a47c52e.jpg.html"]IMG_2760_zps4a47c52e.jpg Photo by russellt198 | Photobucket[/ame]

Last week i finally got a new clutch. i went with a Valair street dual disc and i put an MBRP 5'' stainless exhaust on. previously it was straight piped but the 5'' came with a muffler and i like how it sounds.

i didnt take many pictures during the clutch install.

last sunday we had a truck show locally and Brand-X dyno was there. a bunch of us threw our trucks on the rollers. i wanted to see the difference between EFI and smarty so i put mine up on the rollers. i made 528/995 with my max effort tune. only a few more HP than smarty but i wasnt expecting much. i know my stock turbo is pretty much maxed out. a buddy of mine brought a bottle of spray to "ghetto fog" the trucks through the intake and with a little snort my truck pushed out 636/1085! i dont really consider my 600hp numbers to be bragging worthy but it was fun none the less.

[ame="http://s998.photobucket.com/user/russellt198/media/IMG_0222_zpsef2938b6.jpg.html"]IMG_0222_zpsef2938b6.jpg Photo by russellt198 | Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s998.photobucket.com/user/russellt198/media/IMG_0216_zps03b2f65d.jpg.html"]IMG_0216_zps03b2f65d.jpg Photo by russellt198 | Photobucket[/ame]

in the next couple weeks im going to start buying the rest of my goodies.

Studs
Valve Springs
Pushrods
Cam
BW FMW 67.7
Steed
Coolant Bypass?

can anyone think of anything else that would go along nicely with this build?

You could get a rainbow flag to help indentify yourself at the rest areas? -zing

Back