My first 12v manifold build

Because the flange soaks enough heat to not burn the chromium, the butt welds on the other had cant soak up enough heat.

When will you have this on the truck?

Dunno? I think I might sell this one and make another. I'm gonna put my compounds on like they are and build another manifold that turns down for triples I'm going to start on next.

Since everyone is posting pics of their headers, here is the one I built.

it is part of a compound kit that I built for my fummis.

Attachments

• 0409132045.jpg
    0409132045.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
fastbarry, that is almost exactly what I want to make for my truck. Any additional pics or info you could provide would be awesome! Especially pics during fabrication.

Wow those merge collectors are long. The ones ive done are only 3-4in tall.

Attachments

• DSC_0811.jpg
    DSC_0811.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0813.jpg
    DSC_0813.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
kjp, that is how I'd like to arrange my collectors. Is that a T6 flange? Lets see the rest of the header!

Thats a t6 twin scroll merge collector 304ss pipe and mild steel flange. I was bored awhile back at work so i decided to make a jig and build a few out of scrap for something to do. This last time i was bored i welded pop cans together for 3-4 hours. I plan to buy my own tig welder here in a few weeks then i will put some pics up as i have three headers, one stock style manifold to build along with couple intercoolers and a chromoly tractor cage/tube chassis.

Here a pic from synapse turbo of the style of merge i will be using from now on. I think this arragement will make it easier to plumb piping and be easier for external wastegate placement.

Attachments

• f0e63380bde40d97c51302cb903aec62862e9789_800[1].jpg
    f0e63380bde40d97c51302cb903aec62862e9789_800[1].jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
Well make sure you post some pics when you start on all those projects! I love fabrication pics. lol

I think I want to try this, I can mock it up then have somebody weld it all, have a buddy that's a great wealder.

I think I want to try this, I can mock it up then have somebody weld it all, have a buddy that's a great wealder.

It's much cheaper than buying one. I only paid $5/elbow and then bought the flanges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i came across a straight t4 steed speed, I am thinking about putting that on my truck to see if there is any spooling differences from the one i made to the steed speed. Now that our outage at work starts Monday ill be time on time but after will have have play money.

yvu9e6yb.jpg

Hope to get this on In a week or so, then I'll see witch is better.