My Fuel Pump Set-up

throw in a ball valve at the tank as a shutoff for when you work on the rest of the fuel system, youll be glad you did some day.

Or you could build yourself something like this . Buddy of mine did this one for me as I run the same setup (bottom feeder).

Attachments

• Picture 056.jpg
    Picture 056.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 134
Plus other pullers can sabatage you by partially closing the valve so that you dont get full fuel:hehe:

Brandon I use the same setup usen the bulkhead and pump and filter + the ballvalve, you need to add a 100 micron filter b4 the pump then use the 2 micron after , I was just usen the 2 then about after a year + the pump locks up from trash , but that setup is the best IMO and cheap , I change filters once a year. I run 60psi idle but it will pull down to 40 then go down even more depending on my plate

Were u using pump fuel at a station? I just hate to go with a Aeromotive filter at $100, I cant seem to find another filter that is 100 microns?
Brandon

Pump bracket:
Pump.jpg

Brandon

Were u using pump fuel at a station? I just hate to go with a Aeromotive filter at $100, I cant seem to find another filter that is 100 microns?
Brandon

True they are HI I got one off ebay for 35$ just something around 50 +microns should work if u get to fine then it will also kill the pump

True they are HI I got one off ebay for 35$ just something around 50 +microns should work if u get to fine then it will also kill the pump

Too fine of a filter is what scares me also.......
Brandon

I have the same pump. In the long run and if I were to do it again, get the $100 resuseable, 100 micron stainless inline Aeromotive prefilter, period. Doing it right the first time will cost less in the long run. Also don't worry about the bulkhead in the bottom of the tank. I've got two trucks this way, one a lowered, or worn out, 2wd. Seen it this way on dozens of pullers.

looking good! Got the same set up comming soon! Hopefully the -8 lines arent too small!!!!!

Put a guage on the side of the reg it willl come in handy

I am going to plumb one in prior to the regulator I just want a in-line reading even though it might sound stupid since the one on the reg. will work but that is just me.
Brandon

Back