My "White Truck" build/project

I've had the housing off. Not sure what engine. It was brand new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a part number? There is an outer piston ring that goes around the vane assembly on some and some have the piston ring inside of the exhaust housing in a machined groove.

Any visible soot trails around the housing to bearing housing area?

I don't remember any extra ring. the shroud, when fully extended, had a gap under it exposing the internal mechanism some. I'll have to pull off the center... It's in a twin setup so I really don't want to have to lol.

Found it, the manifold was leaking at the head. Too much weight hanging out there.

On to building the actuator!

Good deal. That was my next question . Those can build a dam good amount of exhaust pressure. I have quite a few different types of good used actuators from a variety of things in the shop. Some with springs that can be taken apart from things like 60 series Detroit vgts and the air actuators from the air version of that charger. If you can think of anything you might need shoot me a message.

Thanks! Really appreciate the offer! The plan is to use the mechanical advantage of a lever. I have a few actuators and bunch of springs I'm going to mess with. I'll tackle the weight issue next though.

Ok, took it for a quick run today. Still have a MAJOR oil leak at high boost (70-80psi) it will dribble from the tube after every drive.

The Vgt runs good, spools up around 17-1800 and my egts peak at about 1400*. Much better in comparison to my 1700*+ and 2000 rpm spool...

What is recommended for crankcase venting on a high hp and high boost app on a daily driver? I think I'm going to drill the valve cover for two breathers and change the draft tube to a 12v oil fill

Whatever you do....don't use an unbaffled billet tappet cover. I just moved mine to the vc Saturday. Got tired of it pumping oil into my catch can.

Had the same pressure issues on my motor, went to two baffled valve covers and a breather on the front cover solved my issues.

Two 1-1/4" baffled vents on the valve cover alone should be enough with out the timing cover vent should be enough, right? Trying to clean the mess of wires and hoses on this pig

Yes they should. I have 2 8an on the vc at the moment and will be adding more with a bigger catch can.

Got to do a quick shakedown run today with two breathers on it, one in the oil Fill, and one in a 12 valve style oil fill. So far so good I just need to baffle the 12 valve oil fill location breather

Updates

Manifold leak due to poor quality gaskets, soon to be swapped

Picked up second hand ats selectshift, need line pressure sensor that goes in the external port, anyone know of a direct replacement? Ats is $$$

Rewired everything, 4 counts of potential fire waiting to happen. Very excited for the lack of ghetto spaghetti under the dash and in the engine bay.

Still have crank case pressure issues, leaking is getting old fast

Found my rear freeze plug (bolt in billet style) leaking... need a pressure bypass of sorts, what's a good pressure to set coolant at?

Picked up wheels, the military 37's don't do rain... 22's

6208a8b9e316b8b3cae8409f4c05d519.jpg

Turns out my injectors are notorious for cracking tips. Explains a lot... I also have a .02 over gasket on stock SO pistons. There's my lag, smoke, haze, heat and cold start problem...

In the next week or two I will be installing my standard thickness 12 valve gasket I have kicking around, and putting in PDD 6 x 11 sac injectors with some needlework. Hopefully then I'll have this under control.

On the subject of in control, my boost is not. Turns out the boost reference line was not sealed so I was actually seeing over 80psi. Yikes.

Slect shift is in, trying to tune it. Where is the best place to start? all the baseline tunes don't actually work...

Got it tuned some. It's so nice being able to choose exactly how it shifts on the fly.

Had an oops though. In short, I need a pump. Looking for a 215

Did you find out what the oil leak was caused by? Mine is a 12 valve and doing the same thing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mine is either the rear stud holding the valve cover up or the cam pushing the plug out of the block.

While my trying to find a pump, gave me time to do my projector install.

Painting the reflectors black

92fb67f95e8ae407d87003df9075b4ee.jpg
2f84c81debe34964d501f409a64c6aa7.jpg