NADM 2.6 rules phone poll results

Voicing your opinion is fine. Voicing mine should be fine too, right? This isn't a site for thin skinned people, in case you haven't figured that out.

Having dedicated pullers in 2.6 is the result of technology, period. No one would have thought we could go this far on this kind of charger. It's fascinating to me and I support that evolution. Are you the kind of guy that wants to see NASCAR back at 125 MPH? I'm not. Let 'em go 220 if they can.

What am I doing to contribute? Uh, I'll be out competing next year in 2.6. Is that good enough?

I'm all for voicing your opinion, what I don't agree with is coming down on people who don't share your opinion. You also don't need to worry about me having thin skin.

I am also on board with evolution of the sport due to technology. But I also feel that we should not abandon the roots of the sport by alienating the guys who want to have fun street trucks who also want to hook to a sled. Perhaps there needs to be talk of making an in between class for people that fall into that category. And from what I have seen there is a ton of trucks that can't run workstock but also don't have a snowballs chance in hell of competing in 2.6. This proposition is obviously a difficult one because that pretty much leaves two chargers, a 62 and 64mm but it would at least give those guys some form of competition without having to go to a dedicated puller. Kind of how the E.T Bracket works for the drag racers. It lets the guys who just want to race do so without having to compete against the hardcore guys.

If you will be out pulling in the 2.6 class next season then that's great. I wish you the best of luck. And hopefully you can encourage more people to get out and watch the pulls or even compete.

I'm not coming down on you, geez, take a breath. You're the one, remember, that said that dedicated 2.6 trucks are "stupid". So If I put you on blast for that, you have to suck it up, you threw the mudball.

If you have bothered to read the 500 threads on this subject, you would already know that 2.6 is not ever coming back to where you suggest. That leaves work stock. There are a few guys that are working on the restrictor tube that should allow upgraded turbos to run in that class. I think it will work.

But again you and a million other people think they have the idea of what the class "should be" and everyone speaks for "everyone" and "everyone" has some kind of rule package that would favor them. No organization can have 10 classes.

So stop crying about the "stupid" 2.6 class and get on board for the restricted work stock class and be constructive.

Last edited:
Well apparently you can only see things from one side, and don't really care about if the sport continues to grow or not. So have a good day.

Well apparently you can only see things from one side, and don't really care about if the sport continues to grow or not. So have a good day.

What side is that? LOL? It appears not your side, so it must be the "wrong side"

What about the fully ported head, big cammed engine that has a 64mm on it and puts 30+ feet on you then?

I suppose we can create another class for the guys like yourself that run a 62mm charger. LOL!

Have you followed the restrictor threads? Would you be willing to put a restrictor on your truck to pull your HP back to the air flow an HX35? Then you could pull in a class and it would be competitive because everyone would have the same HP.

Last edited:
Perhaps there needs to be talk of making an in between class for people that fall into that category.

That is true between every class.

The best thing we can do is have fair rules for the whole country and you the puller build your truck to an existing class, and not a tweener.

Mat I didn't read your posts, like mine, yours and many others it is predictable.

I do believe the class was originally intended to be for hot street driven trucks. The trucks in question should be in 2.8. That being said, those trucks couldn't hang there so the dropped and took over 2.6. Do you see a pattern starting here? Why should trucks that fit 2.6 class drop down and screw up work stock?

When I was involved in shooting sports, once you reached a class there was no going back. Once a master class shooter you couldn't drop back to expert class.

In defense to 2.8 guys that dropped... I would to.. why would I want to destroy drivline every hook trying to push 1200hp into stock drivline.

LOL 2.8, learn how to use the power an set the truck up right. I hear guys saying that 2.6 is at it's limit for stock drive line. Their excuses have turned the classes up side down.

2.8 class needs to come back to get things back in line, or as open 2.6 class. True 2.6 needs to be street driven (tested) with the restrictor tube. If you don't want to run the restrictor you need to bump up to the class you belong in any way.

That is true between every class.

The best thing we can do is have fair rules for the whole country and you the puller build your truck to an existing class, and not a tweener.

Tweener???????????????is that like an el camino or honda pick up? im confused?:nail:

2.8 class needs to come back to get things back in line, or as open 2.6 class. True 2.6 needs to be street driven (tested) with the restrictor tube. If you don't want to run the restrictor you need to bump up to the class you belong in any way.

It doesnt matter, put a restrictor tube on those trucks, youll still be 10' behind instead of 30'. I think alot of guys that are *****ing about the rules arnt complaining because its whats right or what needs to happen...they just cant hang with whats out there right now, and they see this as a way to bring the class down to there level where it might be easier to compete. Hell I got waxed anytime I ran with alot of the top 2.6 but you dont hear me complaining. Change the rules for the right reasons, not because you cant keep up.$.02

LOL 2.8, learn how to use the power an set the truck up right. I hear guys saying that 2.6 is at it's limit for stock drive line. Their excuses have turned the classes up side down.

Are you saying that the 19 or so at scheid that had to buy ring and pinions didn't know how to set the truck up?

Why is street ever mentioned in pulling classes? These are pulling trucks, not work trucks. Those that want to drive their trucks should be in workstock.
Do you see superfarm tractors(entry level tractor pullers) plowing fields or pulling grain wagons?

Are you saying that the 19 or so at scheid that had to buy ring and pinions didn't know how to set the truck up?

So what is different now that they dropped to 2.6? You busted your truck... dropped to 2.6 then spend how much money on a turbo to get right back to where you were.

So what is different now that they dropped to 2.6? You busted your truck... dropped to 2.6 then spend how much money on a turbo to get right back to where you were.

That is competition. Technology has let that happen. That is why 2.8 has faded away.

I guess I missed the answer about the 19 guys who couldn't set their trucks up and that was why they broke.

Do the superfarm guys run the same turbo year in and year out, not upgrading it?

Why is street ever mentioned in pulling classes? These are pulling trucks, not work trucks. Those that want to drive their trucks should be in workstock.
Do you see superfarm tractors(entry level tractor pullers) plowing fields or pulling grain wagons?

So we should call it 2.6 not street and Super nofarm?

Why do they call it stock car racing?

So we should call it 2.6 not street and Super nofarm?

Why do they call it stock car racing?

I think Glenn means possibly calling it 2.6 Prostreet, you need another adjective to go with the street!

I guess I missed the answer about the 19 guys who couldn't set their trucks up and that was why they broke.

Do the superfarm guys run the same turbo year in and year out, not upgrading it?

You get the point, no need to answer. If you can't keep it together with a 2.8 why drop to 2.6 then get right back to the same power level? When you guys have this class played out what's next?. Oh yeah I forgot it's work stock, where you are trying to push everyone else to.