NADM 2.6 rules phone poll results

Mark if Gene wants a video throw the restrictor tube on my truck if you haven't yanked the turbo off and show him how much it cuts the power.

Instead, why don't you stick your stock charger back on and pull in the class where YOU really belong? Work stock!

Anyone who reads the rules should know by now that a 62mm is a waste of money if you ever plan on even being close to a transfer sled.

You and 999 other guys say "I'm just in this to have fun" but yet out of the other side of your mouth, "them other trucks beat me wah wah wah".

If you're out there to "have fun" and you have the crazy idea to enter 2.6, shut up and hook it and "have fun!" End of story!

The 2.6 class was designed for the guys like myself who wanted a little more performance on the street and to be able to pull. And you sure seem pretty upset over the fact that some of us want a class to run in with out have to be in 900hp range. You say that class is workstock, well that pretty much defeats the purpose of mine and most other peoples trucks. We don't want a bone stock truck, but we also don't want a 900hp trailer queen.

And what is so wrong with wanting to have fun? Not everyone builds a truck to win with. Hell there's not many people who could even afford to build a truck like that even in the 2.6 class which is what people like myself find ridiculous. You and a few others on this board seem to think that the 2.6 class is supposed to be a "big time" class and it's not. It's for street trucks, if you want to pretend to be a big dawg then you need to move up where you belong. "End of story!"

LOL Mat don't mean no harm. He hasn't hooked to a sled in three years and has cabin fever. I think your right but I'm another nobody. The rules are made by people on these boards, the other people have no say.

My biggest issue isn't even with NADM themselves. I don't run NADM because I'm busy taking pictures at their events. But in my area all the local pulls have adopted their rules so it's either stock or these 900hp trucks that haven't seen the road in years. That's the part that gets under my skin. When I want to go pull for fun just to hook to the sled I also don't want to be beat by 80'. I mean I will get beat, there's no question there but 10-20' should be the max.

Justin im not trying to sound like a jerk but there isnt any 900hp trucks running the 2.8 class around here, and most of the trucks still see the street or are still streetable. We dont have enough trucks in eastern pa to have 3 or 4 different classes. Its either nut up or shut up around here. What these guys are talking about is on a whole other level from what we have around here.

The 2.6 class was designed for the guys like myself who wanted a little more performance on the street and to be able to pull. And you sure seem pretty upset over the fact that some of us want a class to run in with out have to be in 900hp range. You say that class is workstock, well that pretty much defeats the purpose of mine and most other peoples trucks. We don't want a bone stock truck, but we also don't want a 900hp trailer queen.

And what is so wrong with wanting to have fun? Not everyone builds a truck to win with. Hell there's not many people who could even afford to build a truck like that even in the 2.6 class which is what people like myself find ridiculous. You and a few others on this board seem to think that the 2.6 class is supposed to be a "big time" class and it's not. It's for street trucks, if you want to pretend to be a big dawg then you need to move up where you belong. "End of story!"

then have fun! why are you complaining if you just wanna have fun... oh thats right because your friends and prob. girlfriend will see you get beat by 30ft and be like man your truck is crap... idk what to tell you then buddie.... your gonna lose.. and I can still drive my truck to florida and back! so I will beat you and you still will ***** that you got beat by a 900hp truck?

Last edited:
2.6 may be out of hand but if you built your truck to the rule book why should you feel bad about kicking a$$. If your daily driver can't compete then drop down to a workstock class don't punish the winner just because he built a better truck then yours. I have pulled alot with my local 3.0 class with my 2.6 drive line and got my a$$ kicked several times but I NEVER *****ed to those guys and said you all should move up a class cause I can't compete, if you can't compete in the workstock then to damn bad you have access to all the same parts and vendors as everyone else it is TRUCK PULLING not daily driver pulling. What a Frign joke.

TTT

I am using the restrictor tube that Smokem sent to me to test. It is 3" long by 5" across with a 2.6" hole in the center and a nice taper for an 1.5" on the one end. It works great and really kills the big turbos and does't hurt the smaller ones as much. Takes all of our fancy turbo work and throws it in the trash can, lol.:eek:wned:

Now THAT is the change we have been looking for!

How many 900hp 2.6 trucks do you pull with? I doubt you hardly ever pull with a truck making that kinda power. Hell Im using a vp pump and pry hardly break 550hp. I usually always finish in the top 10. you don't here me complaining.

My biggest issue isn't even with NADM themselves. I don't run NADM because I'm busy taking pictures at their events. But in my area all the local pulls have adopted their rules so it's either stock or these 900hp trucks that haven't seen the road in years. That's the part that gets under my skin. When I want to go pull for fun just to hook to the sled I also don't want to be beat by 80'. I mean I will get beat, there's no question there but 10-20' should be the max.

Why would NADM listen to you, you arn't a member. Don't ***** about NADM when you don't suport them by pulling at there events.

I am using the restrictor tube that Smokem sent to me to test. It is 3" long by 5" across with a 2.6" hole in the center and a nice taper for an 1.5" on the one end. It works great and really kills the big turbos and does't hurt the smaller ones as much. Takes all of our fancy turbo work and throws it in the trash can, lol.:eek:wned:

Now THAT is the change we have been looking for!

True

Justin im not trying to sound like a jerk but there isnt any 900hp trucks running the 2.8 class around here, and most of the trucks still see the street or are still streetable. We dont have enough trucks in eastern pa to have 3 or 4 different classes. Its either nut up or shut up around here. What these guys are talking about is on a whole other level from what we have around here.

Brett they may not be 900hp but they are pretty close. I mean you can't honestly say that having to pull against you, Mikey, Troy, Joe, and those duramax's from jersey is fair. I understand that we don't have the number of trucks that the midwest guys have, I'm just saying that the way the diesels get lumped together sucks for most people.

I know the level these guys are talking about, I go to enough big pulls to photograph them to get a grasp on what is going on at the "national" level. I am just adding to the discussion and if people don't like what I have to say then they don't need to read my posts it's as simple as that.

Oh and as far as the trucks we pull with being streetable, there's a few that are. But there's also quite a few that are only registered and insured because they have to be in order to pull.

Why would NADM listen to you, you arn't a member. Don't ***** about NADM when you don't suport them by pulling at there events.

While we appreciate the support, we DO listen to everybody. That's part of our responsibility to the sport.

The 2.6 class was designed for the guys like myself who wanted a little more performance on the street and to be able to pull.

Really? Says who?

Some of you street truckers got lost in time about, oh, 5 years ago. You want it to be like the old days. Guess what, it ain't ever going back there ever again. It's called progress, and you get used to it, or you....take pictures.

It's ironic that you want everyone in 2.6 to pull back to your level, yet you won't pull back to stock-turbo workstock.

Seems kinda hypocritical, doesn't it?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:clap::bow::cheer::snoop::welcome:

Really? Says who?

Some of you street truckers got lost in time about, oh, 5 years ago. You want it to be like the old days. Guess what, it ain't ever going back there ever again. It's called progress, and you get used to it, or you....take pictures.

It's ironic that you want everyone in 2.6 to pull back to your level, yet you won't pull back to stock-turbo workstock.

Seems kinda hypocritical, doesn't it?

First off I never said I wanted the class to be pulled back to "my level". I just personally think that having the trucks that are dedicated pullers in a 2.6 class is just stupid, and that is my opinion. I just can't understand why you get so defensive over the fact that I have an opinion? I'm not yelling out to Gene or Ron or anyone else to change the rules, but that is what you are making it out to be. So I'm sorry if I am voicing the opinion of the average guy.

And I will continue to not pull with NADM and will just take pictures. You know why? Because that is my contribution to "progressing" the sport. Can you tell me what you do to help grow the sport and gain new fans or participants besides running your mouth on a forum full of pullers?

Voicing your opinion is fine. Voicing mine should be fine too, right? This isn't a site for thin skinned people, in case you haven't figured that out.

Having dedicated pullers in 2.6 is the result of technology, period. No one would have thought we could go this far on this kind of charger. It's fascinating to me and I support that evolution. Are you the kind of guy that wants to see NASCAR back at 125 MPH? I'm not. Let 'em go 220 if they can.

What am I doing to contribute? Uh, I'll be out competing next year in 2.6. Is that good enough?

Last edited:
Brett they may not be 900hp but they are pretty close. I mean you can't honestly say that having to pull against you, Mikey, Troy, Joe, and those duramax's from jersey is fair. I understand that we don't have the number of trucks that the midwest guys have, I'm just saying that the way the diesels get lumped together sucks for most people.

I know the level these guys are talking about, I go to enough big pulls to photograph them to get a grasp on what is going on at the "national" level. I am just adding to the discussion and if people don't like what I have to say then they don't need to read my posts it's as simple as that.

Oh and as far as the trucks we pull with being streetable, there's a few that are. But there's also quite a few that are only registered and insured because they have to be in order to pull.

Have you seen 900hp trucks run before? Trust me they arent close. Numidia isnt national just bc nadm say it is. National is TS or Scheid, where trucks from all over the country show up. Numidia brings a few ohio trucks in the 2.6 and 2.8 and the rest are all central and eastern pa guys. Make some changes and you would close the gap easily around here.