NADM 2.6 rules phone poll results

Gene, as usual you have yourself over rated. :doh:
New avatar, you attracted to girls now? :poke:

Bunker Hill, July 9. :snoop::snoop:

Hows Bunker Hill July 9th sound?

I'm all for Bunker Hill! I suggest though instead of having it on one of the regularly scheduled nights that the ruritans put on, have it on a Friday or Saturday night in the middle of the month. Reason being it could be more directed at the points series and I just like to pull there as many times as I can!

Kevin:
I remember very well where I came from. I drag raced in the 60's with a car that cost $235., with only a few bucks added to that.
I don't own a boat!
I don't own a motorcycle!
I don't own a camper or motorhome!
I haven't had a real vacation since 1977!
I live in the same house my wife and I bought in 1965!
I worked 6 days a week (sometimes more) for almost 30 years at the family business I started with almost nothing.
I am not wealthy by any standard!
Now, in trade for such a boring life, I have a pulling truck. Guess what? It has a big enough turbo that it doesn't run worth a hoot on the street. It's what it takes to be competitive in this area. That's my choice. I will apologize to no one for what we do with that truck. It's 2010, it's not 2002 anymore. If you follow my posts, you know that I have always supported entry level pulling. I think it's even more important now because of the way innovation has raised the bar on street class trucks. Entry level is where street driven trucks belong, IMHO. I also respect guys like you who have been in this sport longer than myself. You chose to throw me under the bus, I won't do that to you.

Dale

:eek:wned: Words of the wise! :bow::bow:

New avatar, you attracted to girls now? :poke:

Always Pops!! The hard part is to get them attracted to me!!!No matter how long you tie them up in the basement, they still want to leave when you untie, them, go figure.:doh:

Why would a guy with a truck setup to run the new bob, itpa, cotpc rules, want to come and pull with NADM trucks knowing that he'll get his ass handed to him? You sure as hell wont see any of my group at a NADM event.

I beg to differ! Sept 17th Cotpc WCH, I ran a 2.6 turbo that will meet the new 2011 Cotpc rules. At that time Cotpc had a wide open 2.6 rule in place. I took 5th out of 30+ trucks. I should have done better but shame on me for not having the truck tuned perfectly and I snuffed it. http://www.youtube.com/user/trailerpro#p/u/5/UqPE1gMO0p8
I'll bet if Gainer, Davis, Rocky, Rob Wright, or the Lee bros shows to a NADM event in 2011 with their protrusion turbo, they will still be at the top.

I'll bet if Gainer, Davis, Rocky, Rob Wright, or the Lee bros shows to a NADM event in 2011 with their protrusion turbo, they will still be at the top.[/QUOTE]

Yep!!

I beg to differ! Sept 17th Cotpc WCH, I ran a 2.6 turbo that will meet the new 2011 Cotpc rules. At that time Cotpc had a wide open 2.6 rule in place. I took 5th out of 30+ trucks. I should have done better but shame on me for not having the truck tuned perfectly and I snuffed it. http://www.youtube.com/user/trailerpro#p/u/5/UqPE1gMO0p8
I'll bet if Gainer, Davis, Rocky, Rob Wright, or the Lee bros shows to a NADM event in 2011 with their protrusion turbo, they will still be at the top.

Track had a lot to do with placement that night. The earlier the better they discs it for whatever reason. If u went early you had a better chance. Not taking away from your truck it runs great just saying bad hook to compare.

Track had a lot to do with placement that night. The earlier the better they discs it for whatever reason. If u went early you had a better chance. Not taking away from your truck it runs great just saying bad hook to compare.

Kinda weird that all us ne Ohio guys hooked at the beginning of the class...

Kinda weird that all us ne Ohio guys hooked at the beginning of the class...

I have to say I was disappointed. I heard this was one of the hardest biting tracks in Ohio but it was kinda crappy. I don't even recall seeing a roller??

My main problem is no organization has pulls around western ky. Which knocks alot of us out cause we cant afford to to miss work every weekend to head north to pull.

boom!.

and the guy with the 62.. u made the choice to build a street truck not a puller.. its sled pulling. not daily driver pulling. im not sure what you guys are out to prove with a 62mm anyways.. leave it on the street where it wont break as much.

Ok so because I actually drive my truck I'm not supposed to be able to have fun at the pulls because guys like you are too afraid to step up into the class you belong in? Put a real turbo on your tuck and leave it on the trailer where it belongs.

If I could pull in workstock with my 62 I would because after all there are stock late model trucks that make more HP/TQ than I do with just a damn programmer and some small injectors. And guys like me aren't out to prove anything, I'm out to have fun and enjoy the sport. But there's not much to enjoy when my 500hp truck that I drove to the event has to compete with a trailer queen that is a dedicated pulling truck making almost 1000hp.

I don't ***** about much when it comes to the sport, but this 2.6 class is getting way out of hand. And I know I'm not the only one who thinks this way either. So instead of telling guys like me to keep my truck on the street why don't guys like you grow a set and pull in the right class.

If I could pull in workstock with my 62 I would because after all there are stock late model trucks that make more HP/TQ than I do with just a damn programmer and some small injectors. And guys like me aren't out to prove anything, I'm out to have fun and enjoy the sport.

Pull exhibition then.

So instead of telling guys like me to keep my truck on the street why don't guys like you grow a set and pull in the right class.

What class is that?

I guess we should tell all of the current 3.0 guys since they have open drivelines, and such that they should grow up and pull in the right class?(IE they should put twins on it and jump to the SS?)

2.6 may be out of hand but if you built your truck to the rule book why should you feel bad about kicking a$$. If your daily driver can't compete then drop down to a workstock class don't punish the winner just because he built a better truck then yours. I have pulled alot with my local 3.0 class with my 2.6 drive line and got my a$$ kicked several times but I NEVER *****ed to those guys and said you all should move up a class cause I can't compete, if you can't compete in the workstock then to damn bad you have access to all the same parts and vendors as everyone else it is TRUCK PULLING not daily driver pulling. What a Frign joke.

Last edited: