NADM Opener 2/23 n Bakersfield, Ca. Who's going?

Hey everyone. Seems like it's been a while since I was on the boards.

Lots of questions and I will see if I can answer them tomorrow. I just got home from Albany doing some event prep work for the Redneck Nationals which is the week after Crude Drags 2 (no I'm not :bang :hehe: ) so I will give ya something on the schedule.

We are wanting to allow the most time possible for the each competition but we will need to be somewhat flexible because we don't know how many competitors we will have. We will begin with Drag Racing regardless of how the day flows. I also don't see us starting Sled pulling given all scenarios earlier than 11:00. We have the facility to ourselves all day and into the night so just come prepared to play all day. :rockwoot:

For some of you, it will be the first time you'll have heard the "redheaded step-child" on the microphone. Tim does a great job and we are proud to have him announcing the kick off of the NADM season.

Earl and Peggy Stuckey will be leaving tomorrow headed that way with the "new and improved" Team Green Dodge in tow. Philip Palmer and Robert Donaldson are ready to board the plane and meet the truck out there. (You guys don't forget, Earl and Peggy have to drive home and be ready for the Redneck Nationals the following weekend too. :bow:

I can't wait to see my friends out there, and hopefully leave with many more.

From the numerous phone calls and e-mails I have had over the last couple of weeks, there seems to be a lot of people coming, some from a loooong way, EXCLUDING Team Green.

More tomorrow...:thankyou2: to everyone that has made plans to help make this a successful inaugural event for NADM. :thankyou2:

Pangela said:
.....I heard that Tim, McRat and Unbroken were singing a barber shop trio of the National Anthem..... With Mr Clean in the middle.

I'm singing Bass, UB is singng Tenor, and Pat is singing Soprano. LOL

Timbeaux38 said:

I'll be taking requests.

The most common one is that I sing "Far, Far, Away"

Guess it's a popular Irish ballad since everyone thinks I know it. :confused:

Timbeaux38 said:

I knew it. I'm so stoked. I'll delete race footage if I have to in order to get this film footage LOL.

And I wouldn't doubt if all 3 of them will be under the influence at the time :hehe:

IdahoRob said:
Just read in the NADM rule book that driveshaft loops are mandatory in Quick Diesel, but in other areas the rule book states 11.99 and quicker.

The NHRA rule is 11.49 and quicker unless running slicks.

Anyone know what the rule is and why it's 11.99 and not 11.49?

I'd hate to drive 14 hours and not be able to race because I comply to NHRA rules.

Thanks,
Rob

You do need driveshaft loops, based on NADM rules. I asked the same questions when i went to vegas to run DHRA quick diesel, i ended up building them the night before the race.

Timbeaux38 said:

I'd like to assemble a team of interpretive dancers, as well.

Pangela said:
I knew it. I'm so stoked. I'll delete race footage if I have to in order to get this film footage LOL.

And I wouldn't doubt if all 3 of them will be under the influence at the time :hehe:
My plane leaves at 8:30 AM os so....I plan to start drinking right about then...and that's Friday. By Saturday morning I may do the singing AND the interprative dancing. LOL

Timbeaux38 said:
Damn...driving a ford nonetheless LOL

Yeaaaaa.... You must be blind. That sounds ludacris. I don't think you know what you're looking at.

Pangela said:
Yeaaaaa.... You must be blind. That sounds ludacris. I don't think you know what you're looking at.

Admit it. You've got a Ford and a Honda.

The Dodge is your cool cover....

And believe me, Phil...If you saw MY dancing, you'd encourage Angela to do more of hers.

So is the rumor I hear correct that Comp D will be putting on a pit party complete with food and beverages? :poke: :poke: :pop:

PTSUPERD said:
So is the rumor I hear correct that Comp D will be putting on a pit party complete with food and beverages? :poke: :poke: :pop:

Sure it startes at 3:45 AM and ends at 3:46 AM Be there. :hehe:

DirtyBlonde said:
Admit it. You've got a Ford and a Honda.

The Dodge is your cool cover....

And believe me, Phil...If you saw MY dancing, you'd encourage Angela to do more of hers.

lol that reminds me of another dandy little video ;) I think I'll look for that tonight :D

And yea lol, That what Anthony said... what's wrong with owning a ford and a civic? lol that civic gets me 35mpg on my commute and that Ford is in the classified adds LOL. Grr!