NADM Rule Change?

lubeowner

I want to see if I understand this correctly for the 2.8 class...

Fuel Injection Pump: The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine make-specificonly.

So with a 6.0 powerstroke I can not pull with it if it was p-pumped?

I can pull with the same truck if I put a cummins in it with a p-pump?

Doesn't make any sense to me.

I just need to know what class my p-pumped 6.0 will end up in, so I can finish building it that way. I would like to build it for the 2.8 class, but I don't think I can.

My next thinking is to build it to 3.0 rules. I thought NADM had a 3.0 class but I guess I am wrong there also? I can't seem to find any PPL rules for the 3.0 class? So where can I find a copy of the most stanard 3.0 pulling rules?

Fuel Injection Pump: The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine make-specificonly.

I just need to know what class my p-pumped 6.0 will end up in, so I can finish building it that way. I would like to build it for the 2.8 class, but I don't think I can.

My next thinking is to build it to 3.0 rules. I thought NADM had a 3.0 class but I guess I am wrong there also? I can't seem to find any PPL rules for the 3.0 class? So where can I find a copy of the most stanard 3.0 pulling rules?

i think you should have posted this in the NADM section.. NADM does indeed have a 3.0 open drivetrain class....

NADM doesnt have a 3.0 class. They have an unlimited single turbo/3.2 twins open driveline class. Most guys just run a 3.0 charger in it anyhow. Like myself. Oh wait, I havent pulled yet!

NADM doesnt have a 3.0 class. They have an unlimited single turbo/3.2 twins open driveline class. Most guys just run a 3.0 charger in it anyhow. Like myself. Oh wait, I havent pulled yet!

oops i knew it was unlimited single.. has it always been 3.2 i thought it was 3.0 with twins.. was it changed?

Oh yeah, how is that points chase going Anthony?:redx:

You cannot p-pump a Ford engine in the 2.8 class, in 2009.

Super Street has open injection pump.

NADM will have a 3.0 class when we have a commitment of 12 trucks that will pay their entry fees up front for the season.

Feel free to start a thread in the NADM section and build your 3.0 class, for 2010.

I would consider the Illinois pullers the 3.0 standard.

Sleddy,

Would you ever consider, or do you think there is a chance of changing the rules to allow a p-pumped Powerstroke? What is the reasoning for not allowing a p-pumped powerstroke, when, if I read the rules correctly, I can put in a p-pumped cummins and be legal for the 2.8 class? I don't see where the Powerstroke would have any advantage, do you? As long as the truck was built to meet all the other rules.

How does a cummins conversion meet this rule? (The part I bolded.)

Chassis: The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body used. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back-half conversions, tube chassis, etc., are prohibited.

What is the OEM location of a cummins in a Superduty? I am sure that the length of the cummins motor is not the same length as the powerstroke motor so there is no way they can be mounted in the same location.

I would also think that everyone would like to get more Powerstrokes running competitively in the 2.8 class just for quality of the show. I believe that it would be in the best interest of everyone and NADM.

Sometimes people take me the wrong way. I ask questions because I don't understand. I am not trying to start an argument or anything, I just don't understand the logic behind the rules. So I ask questions where the rules and my logic don't match up to get a discussion going.

Jeremy

Oh yeah, how is that points chase going Anthony?:redx:

:doh: Well it is somewhat my fault. But I had an unexpected "helper" that just insisted on having some other things done to the truck. So some parts were cancelled, better ones ordered, truck painted, etc...

Sleddy,

Would you ever consider, or do you think there is a chance of changing the rules to allow a p-pumped Powerstroke? What is the reasoning for not allowing a p-pumped powerstroke, when, if I read the rules correctly, I can put in a p-pumped cummins and be legal for the 2.8 class? I don't see where the Powerstroke would have any advantage, do you? As long as the truck was built to meet all the other rules.

How does a cummins conversion meet this rule? (The part I bolded.)

Chassis: The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body used. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back-half conversions, tube chassis, etc., are prohibited.

What is the OEM location of a cummins in a Superduty? I am sure that the length of the cummins motor is not the same length as the powerstroke motor so there is no way they can be mounted in the same location.

I would also think that everyone would like to get more Powerstrokes running competitively in the 2.8 class just for quality of the show. I believe that it would be in the best interest of everyone and NADM.

Sometimes people take me the wrong way. I ask questions because I don't understand. I am not trying to start an argument or anything, I just don't understand the logic behind the rules. So I ask questions where the rules and my logic don't match up to get a discussion going.

Jeremy

Your quite the hypocrite these days, I remember you blasting me for trying to get clarification on engine swaps in Badger Truck, and then you didnt care for the rule and you wanted it changed even though it didnt affect you at all, Your exact words if you want to pull a Cummins buy a Dodge. My words to you if you want to pull with a P-pump, buy a Dodge:kick: All in good fun, I just think your a jackass thats all:hehe: but the good kind

Your quite the hypocrite these days, I remember you blasting me for trying to get clarification on engine swaps in Badger Truck, and then you didnt care for the rule and you wanted it changed even though it didnt affect you at all, Your exact words if you want to pull a Cummins buy a Dodge. My words to you if you want to pull with a P-pump, buy a Dodge:kick: All in good fun, I just think your a jackass thats all:hehe: but the good kind

:eek:wned:

Come on guys, he has good questions.

Come and pull in SS this year, and we'll talk about 2010.

How am I being a Hypocrite? I don't think there should be engine swaps now and according your post I didn't want it then either. So how is that hypocritical. I don't want a cummins. I want to pull a powerstroke. I just need to figure out a way to get more fuel because I just don't think it is possible with the HEUI.

Right now I am building my truck to meet NADM SS class. But if this motor works I would like to build another one pull in a 2.8 class. I don't think my truck will pull this year it is along ways away.

By the way the pump is off an international motor and my powerstroke is build by international, so I am using he same engine manufacture for all parts to make it run.

Here is some progress pictures.

My own design and custom build injectors by me:

Working on the body to make it easy to work on:

Last edited:

aslo has to come form 1 ton or less drivestrain

was there a p-pump international in a 1 ton pick-up or less chassis?

cool build no doubt