NADM Rule Change?

As long as his IP isn't some huge 13mm tractor pulling pump, what would be the problem? He does have a point on the 24v's.

What if you were to use a 7.3.. you could get a mechanical injected 7.3...
Would a P-pumped 6.7 Cummins be legal?

I see the Ford guys point here. How can you allow a P-pump on any year dodge truck but not allow the same injection pump on a Ford? Especially when the rules allow a p-pumped cummins in a Ford.

Simple, the P-pump was never offered on any Ford 1 ton or smaller. Thats the way the rules read Mike.
Did you look at the picture? That pump will stick a foot out of the hood, which is another no-no.

I think we have given the Fords enough advantages throughout the classes to give them SOMETHING to work with, since Ford didn't. We can't make rule changes on the fly. What would happen if he beat you Mike? You'd be in here whining we changed the rule!!!:hehe:

I dont see the Chevy guys asking for a P-pump in the street classes.

I'm not saying the rule should be changed mid season but it's something that could be looked at for next year. Face it the Powerstroke powered Fords are not competitive unless they put a Cummins in them. Just since last season you opened up the rules in the 2.8 class to allow A/W intercoolers, ag govenors & fuel cells. Why not allow P-pumps on any make/model truck? How do you know I'm not wanting to put a p-pump with an ag-govenor on my Duramax so I can get past the LB7/LLY ECM limit of 5000 rpm?

Last edited:
How do you know I'm not wanting to put a p-pump with an ag-govenor on my Duramax so I can get past the LB7/LLY ECM limit of 5000 rpm?

Because custom tuning with a laptop is all you understand, and you don't want your pistons blown out the bottom of your engine, for starters!!!!!

Sure we'll look at it, but like I said, there is a whole lot of other problems with this particular truck meeting 2.8 rules, as well as SS.

Because custom tuning with a laptop is all you understand, and you don't want your pistons blown out the bottom of your engine, for starters!!!!!

Sure we'll look at it, but like I said, there is a whole lot of other problems with this particular truck meeting 2.8 rules, as well as SS.

I am only building this truck to meet our local club rules. What I said in the beginning is, if this injector setup works, I would like to build a 2.8 truck. But I can't right now because of the injection pump rule. So I asked the question if anyone thought it could be changed. The truck I showed in the picture will never be attempted to make it to a 2.8 class truck. It would never fit the rules. But I have several motors laying around that I am building and it will actually be cheaper for me to p-pump them then it is to put in a huge set of injectors and the supporting mods that are also needed. I stress, "if they work" I can see several trucks running this setup and some would be interested in a 2.8 class of pulling. Again, if this works, I will be daily driving a p-pumped 6.0 by the beginning of next year. Street legal and towing the white tilt body to pulls. And about the fit it under the hood, it fits perfectly with a 2" body lift.

Jeremy, who do you have to build those pumps? i'm guessing getting the timing right to where you want it and where it will perform the best will be the only real problems as you have the biggest pieces built and done.

The motor will go to hypermax and be put on their engine dyno. That is where we will set the timing. Once it goes in the truck is should not need any adjustments. If it does it will most likely get pulled and hauled back to Hypemax. That is the reason for the tilt body in this truck. It is going to be a test bed so I need to be able to get the motor in and out very easily. Once we get this motor running then I am hoping to build a smaller setup to put in a daily driver with a smaller p-pump and a 2.6 charger.