NADM Rule Change?

I applaud you for doing what you are doing Jeremy with the 6.0. However I had the same experience with you as Z79outlaw. the conversion rule was bogus. But I won't get into that here. Besides you say people want to see more powerstrokes pull. 85% of the fans can't tell whether it is a powerstroke or a cummins as it goes down the track. But maybe they can add in a clause for trucks like yours as more are built. Or just pull as exhibition. That's how I was told when I didn't meet the rules.

Fuel Injection Pump: The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine make-specificonly.

aslo has to come form 1 ton or less drivestrain

was there a p-pump international in a 1 ton pick-up or less chassis?

cool build no doubt

I don't see anywhere in the rules that it talk the fuel injection pump being 1 ton or smaller. Engine block rules yes. The rule is that is stated above.

This the only rule that would get my motor build. Simple enough. I will build my truck to the class that it will fit into "the super street class." So trying to bring this to light for next year.

So again:

It is ok for me to put a p-pumped cummins in place of my powerstroke but not use a p-pump with my powerstroke.

How can you not see the irony with that!!!

BTW, there is a NO TILT body rule in SS. It doesn't say any thing in 2.8 about tilts though. Long story there.

So, If we can amend the rule and let a p-pump PSD in, then we can also amend the body rule and say no tilt bodies in 2.8. Who would have ever thunk it?

Changing rules on a whim to allow somebody's unfinished project truck in are always a slippery slope to go down.

My advice, finish the truck the way you want it, and gamble on whether several rule changes, will happen or not, or build it to existing rules.

I don't see anywhere in the rules that it talk the fuel injection pump being 1 ton or smaller. Engine block rules yes. The rule is that is stated above.

This the only rule that would get my motor build. Simple enough. I will build my truck to the class that it will fit into "the super street class." So trying to bring this to light for next year.

So again:

It is ok for me to put a p-pumped cummins in place of my powerstroke but not use a p-pump with my powerstroke.

Fuel Injection Pump: The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine make-specific pump only. Dual high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps or HPOPs are permitted. The P7100 injection pump, if equipped, may utilize either a stock or agricultural governor.
and
Engine:The engine block must have been available as a factory option on a one-ton or smaller
pickup truck. Blocks must circulate coolant freely. The use of concrete or other
block fillers is prohibited. Electric fans are permitted. Alternators must be present and powered
via the crankshaft. Water pumps must be present, but may be powered
electrically

those are the 2.8 class rulles

SS is
Engine: The engine block must have been available as a factory option on one-ton or smaller
pickup trucks.

Fuel Injection Pump: Open.

my question is when if any vehicle did ford put a P-pump V8 in a 1 ton or less chassis. unless you prove that there was a p-pumped v8 international engine in a 1 ton or less chassis your building for a SS class. and not a 2.8

BTW, there is a NO TILT body rule in SS. It doesn't say any thing in 2.8 about tilts though. Long story there.

So what defines tilt body? When my cab is down and I put in the body bolts it is not a tilt body. Just like Kusilek's built their's, or did they have to change theirs? I have to have my cab easily removable to get access to the P-pump gears that are located on the back of the motor on to time the pump. Or I would have to cut a big hole in the fire wall and make a removable panel.

I agree with not changing the rules for one project. I just asked the question, "Do Think it could ever happen?" to which Sleddy answered wait and see. So I am good with that. Now I am just discussing other areas that other guys brought up. Now sleddy brings up the tilt body issue and I am wondering how that rule is inforced?

Our club says tilts bodies allowed.

So what defines tilt body? When my cab is down and I put in the body bolts it is not a tilt body. Just like Kusilek's built their's, or did they have to change theirs? I have to have my cab easily removable to get access to the P-pump gears that are located on the back of the motor on to time the pump. Or I would have to cut a big hole in the fire wall and make a removable panel.

I agree with not changing the rules for one project. I just asked the question, "Do Think it could ever happen?" to which Sleddy answered wait and see. So I am good with that. Now I am just discussing other areas that other guys brought up. Now sleddy brings up the tilt body issue and I am wondering how that rule is inforced?

Our club says tilts bodies allowed.

Kusileks truck was a big problem last year. I heard throughout the pits of complaints about the tilt body. So I'm going to take a guess if there were people having a problem with it in the Super Street, it will be a HUGE problem in 2.8.

Take the cylinders off.. and maybe the pivot pins out.. bolt the cab down.. Only use them at home.. Its no different than working on any other 6.0.. pull the cab to work on it.. haha.. J/K.. Looking good..
Bryan

Fuel Injection Pump: The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine make-specific pump only. Dual high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps or HPOPs are permitted. The P7100 injection pump, if equipped, may utilize either a stock or agricultural governor.

So a p-pumped 24v is not allowed?

they made p-pump 24v?

i remeber some CTD boys wining about not being allow to run p-pumps on 24v because that wasnt a factory style setup. though the 12v were allow due to the fact that they DID come with that setup.

i read it as fuel injection is OEM specific under those rules.
meaning one is not allowed to put HUEI on a CTD, HPCR on a huei setup p-pump anything other then a 12v.

unless the rule state it is open injection system

build the truck for SS class fuel system is open.

they made p-pump 24v?

i remeber some CTD boys wining about not being allow to run p-pumps on 24v because that wasnt a factory style setup. though the 12v were allow due to the fact that they DID come with that setup.

meaning one is not allowed to put HUEI on a CTD, HPCR on a huei setup p-pump anything other then a 12v.

See that is where the rules start getting tricky. So can you p-pump a 24 valve? Can you p-pump a 2004 Dodge 2500 if you swap in a 12 valve?

They are allowed. A key word is missing to disallow them, the word "model"

Work stock, make and model specific.
2.6/2.8, make specific only.

Each class is a stepping stone upwards in suspension and power, as per the majority of the pullers requests.

The more you change from stock, the hotter the class you get bumped to.

Quit building Modifieds to run Work Stock, and we wont have these threads anymore, site traffic will dwindle and CompD will die.:hehe:

They are allowed. A key word is missing to disallow them, the word "model"

Work stock, make and model specific.
2.6/2.8, make specific only.

Each class is a stepping stone upwards in suspension and power, as per the majority of the pullers requests.

The more you change from stock, the hotter the class you get bumped to.

Quit building Modifieds to run Work Stock, and we wont have these threads anymore, site traffic will dwindle and CompD will die.:hehe:

so to ask lubeowners ? again

what class would a p-pump for V8 fall into?

So again:

and
Engine:The engine block must have been available as a factory option on a one-ton or smaller
pickup truck. Blocks must circulate coolant freely. The use of concrete or other
block fillers is prohibited. Electric fans are permitted. Alternators must be present and powered
via the crankshaft. Water pumps must be present, but may be powered
electrically
those are the 2.8 class rulles

SS is
Engine: The engine block must have been available as a factory option on one-ton or smaller
pickup trucks.
Fuel Injection Pump: Open.

my question is when if any vehicle did ford put a P-pump V8 in a 1 ton or less chassis. unless you prove that there was a p-pumped v8 international engine in a 1 ton or less chassis your building for a SS class. and not a 2.8

they made p-pump 24v?

How am I being a Hypocrite? I don't think there should be engine swaps now and according your post I didn't want it then either. So how is that hypocritical. I don't want a cummins. I want to pull a powerstroke. I just need to figure out a way to get more fuel because I just don't think it is possible with the HEUI.

Right now I am building my truck to meet NADM SS class. But if this motor works I would like to build another one pull in a 2.8 class. I don't think my truck will pull this year it is along ways away.

By the way the pump is off an international motor and my powerstroke is build by international, so I am using he same engine manufacture for all parts to make it run.

so to ask lubeowners ? again

what class would a p-pump for V8 fall into?

You know the best part about the internet is you can read it anytime. You can even go back and re-read something if you missed it the first time. I have not re-answered your questions because I had already posted twice before the answer to it. I did bold it for you so you can see it easier this time.

This thread is not and never has been about what class my current build truck will fit into. It was simply, "Do you think this rule could ever get changed?" I gave my reasons why I thought it should. I was hoping for some input on if others thought is should or shouldn't, not discuss if a vehicle fits current rules or not. I got into the discussion so I am just as guilty.

Honestly, I never gave it a thought for the P-pumped 24v's. But if it is allowed for them than it should be allowed for the other makes as well. It's not like the VP44's could ever perform as the P7100, especially a modified one. So this would be the same analogy as a HEUI system going to mechanical. Jeremy and others have already shown how far the 6.0's fuel systems can go and it doesn't seem to be enough.