NE PA Rules

that's what the street class is for. But what do I know, I'm just a puller not a fan.

there both street class's tho

Disturbed i defently agree with you it would defently make for a much better show, what they were pulling you guys the week after our events

I agree i wish they would bring the pro-streets to the buck with the regular diesel event sometimes but there is no time. with 70 trucks in street stock, and 70+ drag racing, and now its getting to be 15-20 in the modified class the show runs til nearly midnight. i can see why they dont have the pro-streets anymore, its a time issue.

as for hanging weights in the street modified, i see what they are doing but its not working. they want the crowd to believe that these are daily driven street trucks, but i know at least half of that class are not DD's. if they don't allow hanging weights I won't complain tho because i've had much success on their track without hanging weights. if your truck bounces too much without weights up front then you need to find the source of the bounce, not try to mask it with more weight out front.

the meeting went pretty well last night. newpennjersey will be adopting NADM (ws) rules for their street diesel class, with 1 ammendment. the 1" travel rule is out. the club wants fully traveling suspension. only factory suspension stops are allowed. and the air bags must be disconnected.

now onto the bigger class. i had been pushing for a 2.8 class. most in the club didnt care, but some were talking about just bumping it up to the NADM superstreet rules. i dont care either way. i think it might be a good thing for the club to get as many trucks as they can.

my question is for the pullers who would seriously consider running any of these newpennjersey hooks. what do you want??? if we make it a superstreet class are superstreet trucks gonna show up??? are there any ECS trucks that would want to come? if its made a superstreet class, are all 2.8 and lower trucks gonna not pull??? i know i will, ive had to run in open and mod classes before against much more powerful trucks than mine. and ill do it again at other brush pulls. like ive said at the drivers meetings all last year. this is about the pullers. what do YOU want? also: there will be an ammendent to these rules having to do with the fire suit. it will not be required but recommended. this will hopefully make it easier for the non SS trucks to make rules. nothing offical has been decided but we are kind of thinking that if you truck is registered and inspected you wont need a fire suit.

i have sponsors lined up for all 4 of npj's hooks. right now i have 1 sponor per hook. i may be getting even more. the $ will be added to the top of the nights purse. i do not know what the offical amount will be yet, but it will be a very good purse for this class.

the problem is we can only have two classes. we have to find a happy medium to where we are trying to get as many people to have a hook as we can. i know its impossible to please everyone. we will run some type of a class above (ws) weather it be 2.8, SS, modified, whatever...

we need pullers input who are intrested in running. the npj stated meeting is wed night so please respond soon if you have something on your mind. if you dont want it in the public forum, pm me. thanks.

it must be state licensed and inspected and insurance card. will this come in play for the 2.8 also are you aloud to have fuel cells and water inj.

newpennjersey is the org that runs the pulls in kempton, pa. plainfield twsp., pa and sussex, nj.

Id like to see (and it would make everyone happy)Work Stock,2.8 and SS

But Since we can have 3 classes......Work Stock and SS is my vote

thanks to those who've contacted me. keep em coming guys. ive got a few who are concerned about not having a 2.8. they dont just want it to be WS and SS. ive also had guys who would be willing to make the trip to run their SS trucks if we put on a SS class.

im going to call wayned tonight and talk to him. maybe he would be willing to run 3 classes for atleast 1 of the hooks.

Its gonna be tuff just having 2 classes and pleasing everyone no matter what you do. WS to SS is a big jump and its gonna make the guys with beefed up street trucks that would run in the 2.6 class shy away because theyll be gettin wiped up by ss trucks all the time. WS to 2.8 may please a larger number of pullers, (my opinion). Im up for either way, but i think 3 classes (ws,2.6,ss)would be the only real solution to keep pullers attendence higher.

Hanging weight for the 2.8 class Rob? What about hitch rules?
hanging weight yes. 26" on the hitch

it must be state licensed and inspected and insurance card. will this come in play for the 2.8 also are you aloud to have fuel cells and water inj.
fuel cells are allowed. water injection is no.

Its gonna be tuff just having 2 classes and pleasing everyone no matter what you do. WS to SS is a big jump and its gonna make the guys with beefed up street trucks that would run in the 2.6 class shy away because theyll be gettin wiped up by ss trucks all the time. WS to 2.8 may please a larger number of pullers, (my opinion). Im up for either way, but i think 3 classes (ws,2.6,ss)would be the only real solution to keep pullers attendence higher.
well i called wayne tonight and he says that we might be able to work in 3 class. maybe not at every hook but at least some. it will depend on the money. there is talk of kempton wanting to have 4 hooks. there will be a meeting wed and ill let everybody know more after that.

Id like to see (and it would make everyone happy)Work Stock,2.8 and SS

But Since we can have 3 classes......Work Stock and SS is my vote

X2

i would also vote if possible for 3 classes, WS, 2.8, and a SS deffently would please alot more people in my opinion, but if they only allow 2 then i would say WS, and SS

I would also like to see 3 classes. WS, 2.8, SS. It is awesome to see you take the lead on this Rob! :clap: These pulls were ran pretty well but needed alot more organization for the diesel guys and you got things headed in the right direction by the looks of it and I am sure Wayne is willing to work with us on gettting things right.:Cheer:

Not to be off topic, but does anybody have a schedule for these pulls? Thanks

Awesome i think we are going in the right way with this. It will be hard to please everyone with 2 classes. i agree if only 2 are aloud run a ws and ss. Gotta think at these local brush pulls the fans wanna see the local in the ws class and the ss class really draws a crowd. As for the buck i don't see them changing the rules for weight they said they want the trucks looking stock, won't even allo a head light to be taken out. 3 classes would be best be cause there is no way a guy can compete that is just above the stock class. so a ws 2.8 and ss would be nice. If we could get this going there are a couple more local fairs in NEPA we could ask: Troy Fair, Wyoming County Fair. If all this goes well maybe next year we could do a points thing.

Awesome i think we are going in the right way with this. It will be hard to please everyone with 2 classes. i agree if only 2 are aloud run a ws and ss. Gotta think at these local brush pulls the fans wanna see the local in the ws class and the ss class really draws a crowd. As for the buck i don't see them changing the rules for weight they said they want the trucks looking stock, won't even allo a head light to be taken out. 3 classes would be best be cause there is no way a guy can compete that is just above the stock class. so a ws 2.8 and ss would be nice. If we could get this going there are a couple more local fairs in NEPA we could ask: Troy Fair, Wyoming County Fair. If all this goes well maybe next year we could do a points thing.

Ditto. Probably could talk the Susq. County pullers into adopting the three classes (assuming those rules are adopted).

The schedule for 2010 is still being put together, that is the link to some of the New Penn Jersey pulls.
I agree it will be hard to please everyone with only two classes, but given the circumstances we have to take what we can get. The directors of the local clubs know the diesels and mod truck are what bring the crowd. There is talk of possibly a WS, 2.8, and SS at SOME of the NPJ events.
The input is greatly appreciated, keep it coming...the more support and organisation we have the better the results will be :Cheer:

Hey any news on this???? I'm not apposed to 2.8 or an open class, but like it was previously stated "the big shots have to go along with it"