Need posts

Jory, I can not read CompD all day, go home, click new posts while on my laptop, and read all the threads in an hour. I have 3 pages of threads but only 1 page worth reading. The other 2 pages are people selling their stuff.

It used to be i could read for 3-4 hours and not catch up. We had a chit load of new threads, ideas, tech, build threads.

The powerstroke forums are a ghost town, Duramax are on life support, the Dodge sections are in the nursing home, staging lanes are usually a bunch of old men biching about rules (that's mostly the pullers section).

I see the same people posting everyday. The ones that have life are the work and the randomness thread. Occasionally we get that tard, or someone who truly needs prayers.

Some people started here with something to sell.

I'm just stating a trend in noticing.
This is so true, i am on here, powerstrokearmy and Duramaxdiesels every day. Powerstrokearmy is the only one i would consider very active, duramaxdiesels isn't as "busy" but it has a lot of very in depth technical information and knowledgeable people. This forum is definitely dying....

This is so true, i am on here, powerstrokearmy and Duramaxdiesels every day. Powerstrokearmy is the only one i would consider very active, duramaxdiesels isn't as "busy" but it has a lot of very in depth technical information and knowledgeable people. This forum is definitely dying....

And your opinion as to why is?

I'm not sure, maybe too hard on new guys? But i don't think that is all of it. I can get on tapatalk in the morning and click on unread threads and there will be maybe 10 of them and 9 of those will be for sale or general BS. Nothing interesting gets posted on here anymore, i used to follow 2 or three build thread at a time on here, now there is nothing....

too hard on new guys, too limited on scope... this place is a social club of old guys who are into diesels... it is not a tech forum.

it's mostly Cummins centered, but you can find FAR more information about Cummins pickups on other forums

the lack of basic knowledge on this forum about the 6.7 trucks is laughable... and most of it is due to the fact that the forum members won't dare visit that other forum (if they're not permabanned, that is!)

PSA is active because it's new, it's ford centered, and it's got great lineage.

Now, don't take this as a dis on Comp. I prefer my "home" forums to be more of a social club than a K-12 everybody hold hands while we explain for the thousandth time the vast performance differences between 4" and 5" exhaust.

It's the natural progression of this type of forum. My other home forum bares very little resemblance to its namesake. But there's a core of members that started out on an email list, then a crappy scrolling BBS, and on and on and on. Getting frighteningly close to 20yrs!

But there are very few new members. We try to chase off and scare off new members. The ones that are actually able to hang in always turn out to be good members.

It's a catch 22 for a forum owner as members and traffic declines, but if you rock the boat and start over-moderating so as to accommodate new softies, the core members will leave.

But, core members tend to forget that 10yrs ago, they were all fairly new and much softer than they are now. Well... not everybody, but you know what I mean.

It's just the natural progression of things.

I'll tell you this much... other than TDR (because it was the first and I knew nothing about diesels back in '98) and PSA (because it's the best Powerstroke forum) EVER SINGLE DIESEL FORUM I'm on INCLUDING THIS ONE... I originally signed up because of the classifieds.

Making people jump through hoops to use the classifieds keeps some of the riff raff out. But it also keeps out the guys who are so deep in the sport, they might make 3 posts a year, but they're good people who have good parts that other members could make use of OR, they're willing to GIVE MONEY TO LONG TIME MEMBERS for items they have for sale, but they're unable to because they can't PM

The quickly/easily frustrated will simply move on to greener pastures

Allowing anybody to access the classifieds can certainly clutter it up. There's no perfect solution. But we all enjoy a good hazing thread, no?! AMIRITE!? :D

oh, another reason is because Fords are where it's at... the 6.4 is a beast, the 6.7 is really coming into its own now. 1300+rwhp. All kinds of new goodies and parts coming out. Ever higher dyno numbers, etc. etc.

Whereas the Cummins is a good camper puller for the geriatric crowd. The 68RFE is still junk, the Aisin is still worthless in a performance application, so there you have it.

The Ford guys have a transmission that can actually hold power, and you've got younger guys getting into this sport and having fun and pushing the envelope in their newer trucks.

The Dodge camp has been stagnant as no real tuning has been available on the newer trucks until very recently.

I can't speak to what goes on in the Duramax realm. I've never owned one, and I can pretty safely say I'll never own one. But I can tell you why PSA is jumping these days...

oh, another reason is because Fords are where it's at... the 6.4 is a beast, the 6.7 is really coming into its own now. 1300+rwhp. All kinds of new goodies and parts coming out. Ever higher dyno numbers, etc. etc.

Whereas the Cummins is a good camper puller for the geriatric crowd. The 68RFE is still junk, the Aisin is still worthless in a performance application, so there you have it.

The Ford guys have a transmission that can actually hold power, and you've got younger guys getting into this sport and having fun and pushing the envelope in their newer trucks.

The Dodge camp has been stagnant as no real tuning has been available on the newer trucks until very recently.

I can't speak to what goes on in the Duramax realm. I've never owned one, and I can pretty safely say I'll never own one. But I can tell you why PSA is jumping these days...

I still like you.

I guess most of that has a true part to it. What sucks is there is no clear way to keep everyone happy.
I'd hate to see this forum die... I truly only visit here because I can't stand cumminsforum.
On a personal level, I do cummins stuff.
Other than that, I'm all over a lot of everything for work. Less duramax than anything.

This forum has become less active but let's not forget. Many people have actually started getting back outta diesels and back into other things. I can think of a handful off here that have pretty well fallen outta the sport altogether, right off the top of my head.

miniwheat
Brandon grapevine
Ram 50
AHall
Jlibert
unfinished business
4x4dually
will terry
little6cylinder
supersonic
ahale
ttr21
spoolinawd
myself

many many more

Anybody know what all of those names listed above have in common?

miniwheat

Brandon grapevine

Ram 50

AHall

Jlibert

unfinished business

4x4dually

will terry

little6cylinder

supersonic

ahale

ttr21

spoolinawd

myself

many many more

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441397097.589117.jpg

I couldn't resist xD

miniwheat
Brandon grapevine
Ram 50
AHall
Jlibert
unfinished business
4x4dually
will terry
little6cylinder
supersonic
ahale
ttr21
spoolinawd
myself

many many more

Build threads?

Hey, for the record I would like to have a thread, but I'm too poor to bolt on new stuff every day. LOL

0B06E610-3AA6-437D-8F55-63318DFB640A-8383-000007D67174F3C7.jpg

I guess most of that has a true part to it. What sucks is there is no clear way to keep everyone happy.
I'd hate to see this forum die... I truly only visit here because I can't stand cumminsforum.
On a personal level, I do cummins stuff.
Other than that, I'm all over a lot of everything for work. Less duramax than anything.

This forum has become less active but let's not forget. Many people have actually started getting back outta diesels and back into other things. I can think of a handful off here that have pretty well fallen outta the sport altogether, right off the top of my head.

But... again, I PREFER it like this! LOL I'm a bit of an introvert and I'm not quick to make friends, but I'm fiercely loyal to people I consider friends. So I like a quiet old diner with black coffee and fake wood paneling that hasn't been remodeled since the early 70's that the average Joe doesn't walk into and feel at home, thus interrupting our meeting of the minds... that's where I like to hang out with my buddies and tell war stories, inside jokes, and cut up and bench race a little too :)

THIS IS COMP D!!! :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Build threads?
Bingo. That is just a small list of relatively active threads. Ive learned something new in every thread. This place has plenty of useful info being posted daily. We just dont create new threads on how to wipe your azz daily. I love this place for the wealth of knowledge and the ability to bounce ideas off of knowledgeable people. Not because it entertains me all day. Though it is entertaining most of the time as well.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

I will say the reason I joined was the epic boob thread we had at the time.

I still like you.

whew!!! I'm always nervous when I make posts that don't toe the party line! :p

You're on to something...

FTFY and yes, this place is unlike any other diesel forum IMO. It attracts a really good cross section of diesel enthusiasts with an obvious emphasis on heavy duty pickups. But some of the build threads and just some of the banter from the boys over in Europe is stuff you just don't get on your average Dodge, Ford, or GM-centric forum