need some tire ideas

millerfarms

Im hoping someone can help me here , one of them hard decisions for me , just need advice or any input , im thinking of converting my truck to a dually , or leave it single wheel find a single wheel dana 80 and run 35s to pull , if i go dually i will use the dana 80 dually rear axle that i have prolly run 285s and put dually fenders on , i havent got any gears yet , that will depend on what way i go too , would there be much difference in traction cause around here we have really tight tracks and dually guys seem to be hooking too hard so they say ,hope someone has some ideas thanks

I'd go with the dually axle either way. They seem to hold up better due to the longer shafts are able to absorb some of the twisting. You should run 6 36'' STS's

Im hoping someone can help me here , one of them hard decisions for me , just need advice or any input , im thinking of converting my truck to a dually , or leave it single wheel find a single wheel dana 80 and run 35s to pull , if i go dually i will use the dana 80 dually rear axle that i have prolly run 285s and put dually fenders on , i havent got any gears yet , that will depend on what way i go too , would there be much difference in traction cause around here we have really tight tracks and dually guys seem to be hooking too hard so they say ,hope someone has some ideas thanks

If money's no object.....6 33" Interco STS's.

If your on a budget like the rest of us you might want to consider these guys... Retread Tires - Buy Retread Tires, Cheap Tires, Off Road Tires, and Retreads Online Do a search on here many people have used them and a few have sled pulled them so don't panic when you see retread. They have a BFG AT/KO look a like for a excellent price.

Last edited:
:doh:
If money's no object.....6 33" Interco STS's.

If your on a budget like the rest of us you might want to consider these guys... Retread Tires - Buy Retread Tires, Cheap Tires, Off Road Tires, and Retreads Online Do a search on here many people have used them and a few have sled pulled them so don't panic when you see retread. They have a BFG AT/KO look a like for a excellent price.

yea ive been on that site a lot of times thinking and thinking, but they talk about running low tire pressure is a no no :doh: and here some about bad balance , what you think about the toyo mt tread they have reckon that one be too harsh of a tread ?? and has anyone run a mickey thompson at or mtz

Around here where we pull the guys runing duallies with BFG AT's rule the track's PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockwoot:

Wonder if anyone has paid extra for the Kedge Grip and how it would do on the track?

im guessing that just gives you more traction in snow , isnt it just a grit compound in the tire , but gosh them prices sure look better and better with retreads lol

On tight tracks, the best tires I've seen have been worn down all terrains or the old style BFG mud terrains also worn to nearly bald. And around 30 psi. Aggressive tires on tight tracks seem to hop real bad. But dont bash me, thats just what seems to work from what I've seen. (very low budget as well)

im guessing that just gives you more traction in snow , isnt it just a grit compound in the tire , but gosh them prices sure look better and better with retreads lol

Yes they do, my tires on my pulling truck now look like drag slicks. I think these BGF AT Retreads will hit me up just right since i put prob gets less than 100 miles on the street a year. Thanks for the info on the Retreads:rockwoot:

i have the guard dog retreads and i will buy more but i havent pulled with them just sayin.

well does anyone know where i can find two rear aluminum dually wheels , i just bought a set of 16x12 mickey thompsons ill do a trade two for two lol

I run 285 guard dogs and they hook great I am now switching to 315s and regearing my truck they are very hard to balance but for the price you can't beat them.

What about the Nitto Dune Grapplers. I've seen some people run them and I know Nitto helps sponser the Diesel Power Shootout. I've been thinking of running those instead of my BFG all terrains. Not quite enough horsepower for the 35's that I have.

We have tried a couple different sets and BFs are hard to beat. They are just an all around good tire for loose or tight tracks.

i can say the same with the brand :rockwoot: especially in the gas classes i ran , i guess i have my decision made goin with dually axle

We have tried a couple different sets and BFs are hard to beat. They are just an all around good tire for loose or tight tracks.

Yeah Chase & I both got tired of chucking driveline parts with those damn Hankook's! LOL

Thanks for the help guys , i need some spindle nuts for my 80 and whatever else holds the bearings on anyone have spare parts layin around

What about the Nitto Dune Grapplers. I've seen some people run them and I know Nitto helps sponser the Diesel Power Shootout. I've been thinking of running those instead of my BFG all terrains. Not quite enough horsepower for the 35's that I have.

I can tell you I ran those last year with 285/65/18's. With just the 90 hp stix and a small 62/65/12 turbo I finished everypull wheels blazin. That was also on tight tracks. I'm really leaning towards the MT Baja ATZ's.