need some tire ideas

well the truck that showed up at our dock had tire recappers of nashville on the side and some of the same exact treads so im not sure...i just work there
but we sell them alot cheaper than treadwright online

Thanks for sharing that info...I shall have to investigate. LOL

well the truck that showed up at our dock had tire recappers of nashville stuck on the side and some of the same exact treads so im not sure...i just work there
but we sell them alot cheaper than treadwright online

I happened to stumble across their shop one day last week while on Nolensville Rd. Went in and asked some questions and the guy went and showed me what they offered in LT tires.

They have the BFG AT, Firestone Destination M/T, & Goodyear MT/R....all of them in 10ply however the MT/R is only available up to a 265/75/16. The BF's & the Firestone's you can get in a 285 10ply for $104 a piece....or 4 out the door mounted & balanced for $454.xx. The 265's are $80-90ish a piece.

Asked the guy how long they had been there...his reply "My grandfather started here in 1962..."

I asked how long they had been offering LT tires... his reply "Since 1962..." :doh: man the $$ I could have saved over the years.

Last edited:
I happened to stumble across their shop one day last week while on Nolensville Rd. Went in and asked some questions and the guy went and showed me what they offered in LT tires.

They have the BFG AT, Firestone Destination M/T, & Goodyear MT/R....all of them in 10ply however the MT/R is only available up to a 265/75/16. The BF's & the Firestone's you can get in a 285 10ply for $104 a piece....or 4 out the door mounted & balanced for $454.xx. The 265's are $80-90ish a piece.

Asked the guy how long they had been there...his reply "My grandfather started here in 1962..."

I asked how long they had been offering LT tires... his reply "Since 1962..." :doh: man the $$ I could have saved over the years.

That's them, we get a little bit better price

They have tons of treads, that's just the usable sizes for a truck

They probably have been shipping tires to use for most the time they've been around, we started in 1942, we actually a long time ago used to recap in-house

will recaps do good on full out pulling truck. those prices are very good. its almost to good

will recaps do good on full out pulling truck. those prices are very good. its almost to good

I aim to find out if I can come up with the money this year. I have 4 33x12.50xR16.5 bfg ats on 16.5x12s on my 97 right now because a buddy had them just sitting in his shop so he gave them to me. I've been trying to find some 16.5 dually rims to put them all out back and then I was going to get 2 retreads for the front but so far no luck. I have some 16" dually rims tho so I might try Got Torques inner dually outter srw trick and just run some 285 retreads on the inside on the back.

Hell Im starting to wonder if my motor will even get back together this season.

I aim to find out if I can come up with the money this year. I have 4 33x12.50xR16.5 bfg ats on 16.5x12s on my 97 right now because a buddy had them just sitting in his shop so he gave them to me. I've been trying to find some 16.5 dually rims to put them all out back and then I was going to get 2 retreads for the front but so far no luck. I have some 16" dually rims tho so I might try Got Torques inner dually outter srw trick and just run some 285 retreads on the inside on the back.

Hell Im starting to wonder if my motor will even get back together this season.

(im pretty sure) we have 16.5 dually rims at work, unless you want something pretty looking, they are just grey steel

(im pretty sure) we have 16.5 dually rims at work, unless you want something pretty looking, they are just grey steel

Rattle cans can fix that! LOL See how many you have and how much whoever wants for them? I can't afford to spend a lot but I am interested.

Got anything in a 35? 315r16 preferably?

Treadwright just started offering 315 75 16s recently, but they only offer them in the goodyear mt/r look-a-like.

Treadwright just started offering 315 75 16s recently, but they only offer them in the goodyear mt/r look-a-like.[/QUOTE]

Do you have to call them? I have been on there several different times and hit add to cart and it says something like this size isn't avaliable or something like that

Treadwright just started offering 315 75 16s recently, but they only offer them in the goodyear mt/r look-a-like.

Do you have to call them? I have been on there several different times and hit add to cart and it says something like this size isn't avaliable or something like that[/QUOTE]

IDK? Call them tomorrow....I just saw their ad in JP (jeep) magazine for 315's last week didn't know they offered them that big yet.

i got mine put on my pull truck , the 285 75 16 on my 16x12 wheels and they are taller than a normal 285 , i just got a pm and thougt i would post that ill measure it tomorrow and let yall know

http://
SU1HMDAyMDItMjAxMDExMTEtMTY0OC5qcGc.jpg

Please measure and post results Alan! I'm about ready to sell my Hankook MT's for some of those BFG recaps...I could probabaly break even doing it too! LOL

and something else i noticed , for these to be on a 12 , the tread is still convex across and not concaved like most tires do on a wide wheel , if that makes any sense to yall, so whats a regualar 285 height supposed to be ?

usually a 285 will very slightly from tire to tire. Seems they are around 32"-33" on the norm. I bet it was a pain in the ass to mount those tires on that wide of a rim!!! I do like the wide style rim look but would wonder if you will have a hard time keeping them on the bead if your airing them down to truck pull.