need some tire ideas

usually a 285 will very slightly from tire to tire. Seems they are around 32"-33" on the norm. I bet it was a pain in the ass to mount those tires on that wide of a rim!!! I do like the wide style rim look but would wonder if you will have a hard time keeping them on the bead if your airing them down to truck pull.

I think a 285 is too small to run as a single all the way around.

I think a 285 is too small to run as a single all the way around.
I agree 100%. I didn't say that I would recommend them for pulling. Just stating that I feel he will have a hard time at keeping the tire from slipping on the bead with low air pressures. I think they look good on the street on that wide of the rim. IMHO i wouldn't go any smaller than a 315 75 for pulling in my experience

Last edited:
I agree 100%. I didn't say that I would recommend them for pulling. Just stating that I feel he will have a hard time at keeping the tire from slipping on the bead with low air pressures. I think they look good on the street on that wide of the rim. IMHO i wouldn't go any smaller than a 315 75 for pulling in my experience

Yea I wasn't meaning to disagree, I was adding to what you said.
Dual 285's on the rear are a pretty good setup on really tight tracks.

Axles are cheapLOL

315's six of them, new sts's:rockwoot:

SCS axles aren't! :bang

Your nuts! LOL

I know a 01 Ppumped 24V that started out the season on 6 brand new 33" sts's...by mid season he was back to 4 bfg's on the back...he said after the 3rd set of SCS's those damn tires came off! :hehe:

they arent that bad really, they go on fine summer time with no cheetah but since it was cold we used it on a couple then heated them with the stove and they went on just fine, as far as size tire too small for singles think of it this way, the narrower tire would be more pressure on the ground or psi on the ground , kinda like a nail for instance drag it along on the head dont get much drag , now put the point down and it will dig , i guess we will see , i can always use them elsewhere ,to cheap not to try

Got Smoke- i forgot to tell you those measurements i gave you were an unmounted tire

for singles run some 375/55/16's