New Borg Warner S300sxe Turbos

I'm nearly ready to second gen swap my 2014. Leaning toward the 366sxe .91 t4. Seems like the extra exhaust flow would help close the gap toward the s400. People are having a lot of luck with the cast 465s.

Running 475/83/1.0 single now, anyone downsized to the 369 yet? Looking to get faster spool up, and stay similar on power.

Hope this helps on the S369SX-E.

The S300SX-E uses the same turbine wheel dimension (79.76/73.37) as all previous S300SX3 units. The wheel was re-designed for an improvement in efficiency, but there has been no real change in peak flow.
It is obviously going to have a lower peak flow (and efficiency) than the 83/74mm S400SX3 turbine wheel.
The SX-E wheel compares similarly to the EFR9180, so you could use MatchBot to compare them.
The 69/91mm FMW compressor, however, does have excellent flow and efficiency, and for that reason, it should compare very well to the 177248, but again, turbine flow will be the point of restriction on that unit, which gives the larger, S400SX3 some advantage at higher pressure ratio. In many cases, particularly with smaller displacement, gasoline engines, this smaller turbine is an advantage.

The S467SX3 or 178855 comes close to the S369SX-E in max flow and spool-up but the 177248 got a bit more flow left on hi pressure ratio’s
I disagree with spool up comparisons... My 369 makes 3 pounds at 14-1500 lol and that's on a VP truck. The 467 all the reports I have heard on a VP at least is they don't see a pound until around 18.

I disagree with spool up comparisons... My 369 makes 3 pounds at 14-1500 lol and that's on a VP truck. The 467 all the reports I have heard on a VP at least is they don't see a pound until around 18.

what turbine housing?

S467SX3 and 178855 are slow in spool-up compared to the S300SX-E or even the S300SX3. Must be my English not being clear the way I want it LOL.

Obviously the .8 t3 will have an advantage in response down low compared to a .9 t4. A VP is much better suited for that .8 t3. Where the crossover advantage occurs is arguable but most seem to think the benefits of the T4 become apparent at ~2,000 RPM and really smacks you in the face at 3,000 RPM.

Last edited:
Obviously the .8 t3 will have an advantage in response down low compared to a .9 t4. A VP is much better suited for that .8 t3. Where the crossover advantage occurs is arguable but most seem to think the benefits of the T4 become apparent at ~2,000 RPM and really smacks you in the face at 3,000 RPM.
I have heard similar results with the .9 on the s369sxe also... The big difference would be s300 frame vs s400.

In case anyone was wondering, we had a truck come in for dyno tuning with the 369sxe, 100% over injectors and a 10mm Cp3 and we squeezed 817hp out of it using an SSR and our (Firepunk) UDC tuning.

I was quite impressed with the results.

In case anyone was wondering, we had a truck come in for dyno tuning with the 369sxe, 100% over injectors and a 10mm Cp3 and we squeezed 817hp out of it using an SSR and our (Firepunk) UDC tuning.

What other work was done? 5.9 or 6.7? 2nd gen or 3rd gen mount? Just so others know.

What other work was done? 5.9 or 6.7? 2nd gen or 3rd gen mount? Just so others know.

It was 2nd gen swapped. Had an aftermarket intercooler (which we've seen no dyno number gains from on multiple trucks) and a banks side draft. That's it. The side draft was likely a decent help to the numbers, but he's still fuel limited by the 10mm pump. It was a solid setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

It was 2nd gen swapped. Had an aftermarket intercooler (which we've seen no dyno number gains from on multiple trucks) and a banks side draft. That's it. The side draft was likely a decent help to the numbers, but he's still fuel limited by the 10mm pump. It was a solid setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea on the back side of the turbo used and drive pressure?

Will the s366sx-e live well at high pressure ratios? We ran a 66 this year and got 12.50 out of it but the turbo might need rebuild soon. I just don't like the reliability. But still might try one.

The new SXE turbos come with a factory upgraded 360* thrust bearing, they will live at much higher pressure ratios than the older 270* thrust bearing S300's.

FYI, the old 366 flows around 76 lbs per minute peak, the new S362 SXE flows roughly the same.... actually a touch more at 77.5 lbs per minute!

The new S363 SXE flows just a touch more at around 78.5 lbs per minute.

The new S364.5 SXE flows about 82.5 lbs per minute.

The new S366 SXE flows about 87.5 lbs per minute.

The new S369 SXE flows just under 100 lbs per minute, somewhere in the 98 to 99 lbs range per the map at a 3.25 pressure ratio.

The new SXE turbos come with a factory upgraded 360* thrust bearing, they will live at much higher pressure ratios than the older 270* thrust bearing S300's.

FYI, the old 366 flows around 76 lbs per minute peak, the new S362 SXE flows roughly the same.... actually a touch more at 77.5 lbs per minute!

The new S363 SXE flows just a touch more at around 78.5 lbs per minute.

The new S364.5 SXE flows about 82.5 lbs per minute.

The new S366 SXE flows about 87.5 lbs per minute.

The new S369 SXE flows just under 100 lbs per minute, somewhere in the 98 to 99 lbs range per the map at a 3.25 pressure ratio.

I figured that was the case, I am still concerned with the s300 frame. Even with a good thrust it seems they can't take the beating. Maybe be new ones will hang in better. I hope so. It's a solid option for many